Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

The "masses" don't have street morals. But the culture HE pulled from to make his art does or else we WOULDN'T be talking about this. Do you think we'd be having this discussion if Wale "snitched"? WHY are we doing it with Gunna? Why did we do it with Hernandez?

You KNOW why. He didn't become "Gunna" making Wale music. YOU and everyone else wouldn't have bought it if it wasn't packaged how it was.

We love to pick and choose when this **** is entertainment and when it isn't.The lines between "the streets" and this form of entertainment has been blurred LONG AGO whether we accept it or not and rappers themselves are complicit. We can comb thru this wholllllle thread and "street ****" has been discussed across a variety of topics. Everybody discusses who shot Biggie/Pac, who claim what gang, who really did what in the streets, etc. Now when it's a ***** we like in the crosshairs...we want to turn that switch off.

Alllllll of this "I don't care about snitching, I'm just a civilian" talk should be universal right? You say there's no comparison to Hernandez here...yet the most BASIC surface level commonality they do share is obvious and there's a segment of people aren't keeping the same energy :lol:

All of the memes/references ya'll keep posting about "he snitched, I'm still going to listen" happened with him too. Two sides of the same coin and don't even know it :lol::smh:

You keep comparing 69 to Gunna musically when you know they aren't in the same tier. :lol:
Gunna makes better music, and out sells the majorty of his peers. 69 is more known for his antics than his music.
That makes a huge difference in this discussion. Gunna dropped consecutuve #1 albums and has one of the highest selling albums of last year. ****** are oppurtunist, & will still be itching to get close to him. Like I said, he'll take a hit without the features, but overall, he'll be fine. ****** BEEN saying Gunna was carrying YSL.

Gunna future is really dependent on thug. If thug come out and say he didn’t snitch or hurt his case and he still his ppl he cool, but if he say the opposite them artist/producers not gonna **** wit him.

Now this, I definitely agree with. If Thug press that button, it can get quiet for buddy.
If he doesn't, and they spin try to spin it, everything goes back to normal.

You keep comparing 69 to Gunna musically when you know they aren't in the same tier. :lol:
Gunna makes better music, and out sells the majorty of his peers. 69 is more known for his antics than his music.
That makes a huge difference in this discussion. Gunna dropped consecutuve #1 albums and has one of the highest selling albums of last year. ****** are oppurtunist, & will still be itching to get close to him. Like I said, he'll take a hit without the features, but overall, he'll be fine. ****** BEEN saying Gunna was carrying YSL.

Now this, I definitely agree with. If Thug press that button, it can get quiet for buddy.
If he doesn't, and they spin try to spin it, everything goes back to normal.

Please show me where I'm comparing them musically. I haven't said **** about their talent as musicians at all .

****** wouldn't be treating Hernandez differently right now if he had 94 Nas bars. Knock it off :lol::smh:

Polo G was a big disappointment. His first album was good

Yep! Been saying this. Dude is unlistenable with his “formula”. **** is terrible :smh:

Polo G has to be one of the most disappointing rappers in a minute (and people are slowly starting to notice).

Started off with hella potential and a dope debut album. Been phony, and non creative ever since.

Polo G is one of the most disappointing rappers ever

Please show me where I'm comparing them musically. I haven't said **** about their talent as musicians at all .

****** wouldn't be treating Hernandez differently right now if he had 94 Nas bars. Knock it off :lol::smh:

That's literally my point. :lol: If the music is good, ****** will get over it.
****** over look Drake being a Jewish actor texting underage girls & doing cornball ****. Why? Cause the music good. The whole world knew R Kelly was out here pissing on lil girls and he was still going platinum making albums with Jay. Why? Cause the music was good. Kodak was just sitting down for sexual assult and the majority couldn't give 2 ****s about that cause he makes good records.

I'm not sure what you're arguing. You said Gunna needs to go the EDM route, and I disagree. Gunna & 69 both snitches. One just makes better music and will continue to have a career, which has been my point from the very beginning.

My original post said 69 was never popping "musically." Compare them as snitches all you want, I never once addressed that. :lol: Both was talking all that gangsta **** & folded, but I'm specifically talking about their music careers, post snitching.

Last edited:
That's literally my point. :lol: If the music is good, ****** will get over it.
****** over look Drake being a Jewish actor texting underage girls & doing cornball ****. Why? Cause the music good. The whole world knew R Kelly was out here pissing on lil girls and he was still going platinum making albums with Jay.
Why? Cause the music was good. Kodak was just sitting down for sexual assult and the majority couldn't give 2 ****s about that cause he makes good records.

I'm not sure what you're arguing. You said Gunna needs to go the EDM route, and I disagree. Gunna & 69 both snitches. One just makes better music and will continue to have a career, which has been my point from the beginning.

No...this isn't your point. :lol: You've literally just said Young Thug can make **** quiet for him.

Why do you believe that and why does it matter according to YOUR own comments in this thread? If Young Thug come out and say "Sergio Kitchens is a snitch"...it shouldn't matter since he makes good music right?

It’s probably nothing Gunna could do to make me stop listening to his music

Still on this, as long as he keep making music we can drip to he got a fan in me. That being said, if you're a person that requires the artists you listen to to stick to some type of code (and I don't understand why that would be) then I can see why you wouldn't listen because Gunna does look bad in this situation if that's the case. He look the same or worse than Quando Rondo did because he renounced the gang when that gang **** got all the way real. Look at old videos of Gunna. Look at the King Troup video, he was big banging rolling 60s in that video, leading chants and all that ****. You can't go from that to saying you know about criminal activities committed by YSL the gang but you only a part of YSL the label.

He might be finished though, Iike this might be his peak in the hip hop/rap world because at the end of the day, the streets decide what's hot and if you don't have the streets, the white crowd not even gone really **** with you like that. Add that to fact it seem like all the "street" rappers switching up on him, **** might slow up for him.

The "masses" don't have street morals. But the culture HE pulled from to make his art does or else we WOULDN'T be talking about this. Do you think we'd be having this discussion if Wale "snitched"? WHY are we doing it with Gunna? Why did we do it with Hernandez?

You KNOW why. He didn't become "Gunna" making Wale music. YOU and everyone else wouldn't have bought it if it wasn't packaged how it was.

We love to pick and choose when this **** is entertainment and when it isn't.The lines between "the streets" and this form of entertainment has been blurred LONG AGO whether we accept it or not and rappers themselves are complicit. We can comb thru this wholllllle thread and "street ****" has been discussed across a variety of topics. Everybody discusses who shot Biggie/Pac, who claim what gang, who really did what in the streets, etc. Now when it's a ***** we like in the crosshairs...we want to turn that switch off.

Alllllll of this "I don't care about snitching, I'm just a civilian" talk should be universal right? You say there's no comparison to Hernandez here...yet the most BASIC surface level commonality they do share is obvious and there's a segment of people aren't keeping the same energy :lol:

All of the memes/references ya'll keep posting about "he snitched, I'm still going to listen" happened with him too. Two sides of the same coin and don't even know it :lol::smh:

Yeah I’m not getting why the subject matter is still gonna be/still has to be tough **** when you know you not tryna do a day sitting down. Why not be Logic/Tyler/Wale/Childish Gambino/etc lol. Sergio Kitchens rapping about women and clothes with a Thug co sign could have worked lol

No...this isn't your point. :lol: You've literally just said Young Thug can make **** quiet for him.

Why do you believe that and why does it matter according to YOUR own comments in this thread? If Young Thug come out and say "Sergio Kitchens is a snitch"...it shouldn't matter since he makes good music right?

Because hip hop fans are irrational. 95% of ****** listening to rap, ain't doing none of the stuff these dudes rap about. & me referring to Thug was in regards to Gunna climbing back to his peak. If Thug comes out and supports Gunna, all them ****** that unfollowed him will be tapping in to make records together. If not, a lot of the major guys will keep their distance, but Gunna will still have an audience, which again has been my point from the begginning. :lol: :smh:

And people are finally starting to figure out the Lil Baby is living off that one freestyle that’s better than his 19 tracks of mid he normally releases.

Gotta call it what it is… that new album was a throw away imo.

He put out those 2 singles last year, said the summer was his… and then pushed the release back. That, to me, seemed like an indicator that they had doubts about it.

He look the same or worse than Quando Rondo did because he renounced the gang when that gang **** got all the way real. Look at old videos of Gunna. Look at the King Troup video, he was big banging rolling 60s in that video, leading chants and all that ****. You can't go from that to saying you know about criminal activities committed by YSL the gang but you only a part of YSL the label.

He might be finished though, Iike this might be his peak in the hip hop/rap world because at the end of the day, the streets decide what's hot and if you don't have the streets, the white crowd not even gone really **** with you like that. Add that to fact it seem like all the "street" rappers switching up on him, **** might slow up for him.

YSL the label, and YSL the gang are definitely two different things tho.

The YSL “gang” **** is mostly from before Gunna even signed/clicked up with thug. He’d been a Shady Park, rollin 60 crip. That his “gang”, if he was going to renounce one. Same with Duke, Baby, Pewee etc. Them dudes were known gang members/street dudes etc before rap.

He got caught up on some rapper ****, (drugs/guns in another whip) and they tied that to his case. Imagine if they hit 300 ENT (or their parent co) with a RICO :lol:. They are well aware their artist are doing illegal **** on the daily, but fund them. Can’t go for 300, so get “YSL” and tie it in. Much, MUCH easier.

To keep it a bean, Gunna is the one who really shouldn’t have been brought in on the RICO ****. He really signed as an artist. But his name was big, and he ended up copping that plea. We will see what comes from it, but it LOOKS like telling on the surface.

So we will see! The commentary on this has been wild to see. Because that one video, made dudes do a compete 180 :lol:. It was “welcome home Gunna” until they see what really goes on in a court room/docs.

I think a lot of fans have a fantasy idea about the courts, and what goes on. Killers turn into school boys with good grammar when the judge face em, more often than not.

But these rappers been lying to and misleading the fans and blurring the lines for so long, that nobody knows what anything is anymore :

Gotta call it what it is… that new album was a throw away imo.

He put out those 2 singles last year, said the summer was his… and then pushed the release back. That, to me, seemed like an indicator that they had doubts about it.

They butchered that release soo bad. Ain’t make no sense in real time. Album got some good songs on it, but it ain’t sticking and not sequenced well. Plus the underwhelming “hey” and that other single really F’d up the rollout.

I think shorty hear it. Cuz that commercial **** he was trying to do, with tik tok music is not it.

Double back and drop a series of tapes. That’s what Future did in 2014, after Honest :nerd: :nerd:

Thoughts?
Ok, I was trippin with saying it wouldn’t be close, lol.

But I still got LL hit for hit. I’d take Jay’s catalog though.

The matchup maybe wouldn’t make a lot of sense. Two rappers from different time periods. One stayed in his lane as a hustler throughout his music, the other went from hardcore to truly being Ladies Love lol.

Point is, well…..LL is underrated, and Jay was trippin saying no one could step on that stage with him.

Same with Diddy, that JD disrespect was disgusting!! Now that’s one I’d put my money behind JD on.

They butchered that release soo bad. Ain’t make no sense in real time. Album got some good songs on it, but it ain’t sticking and not sequenced well. Plus the underwhelming “hey” and that other single really F’d up the rollout.

I think shorty hear it. Cuz that commercial **** he was trying to do, with tik tok music is not it.

Double back and drop a series of tapes. That’s what Future did in 2014, after Honest :nerd: :nerd:

Future definitely gave folks the play after dropping an album that was lackluster. Baby got the talent to do it, so I can’t write him off after one miss. He gotta get back to it though.

Back
Top Bottom