Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

What do you think contributes to Drake having such a huge impact?

the whole soundscape rn and the whole decade really is based off of 40 and lex

and even tho i personally feel he got the dancehall wave from ramriddlz and pnd he still pretty much reinvigorated that sound in mainstream american pop music

i dont think ed sheeran would be making dancehall if one dance never was so successful

Last edited:
Incoming on how Sean Paul being hot 10 years ago is the reason why songs like unforgettable are going platinum :lol: :lol:

*Mj Popcorn gif

​what part of the north side you from?
calvacade and irvington
tumblr_m4w7c9td0O1qi1u02.gif

I don't know if there's been a producer more influential than 40 over the past 8, to 10 years.

#1 hater rule

Never praise someone in power

Wait till the fall off and are not hot anymore to talk good about them...

That's why all this Wayne talk is a joke :lol: when Wayne was poplin none of these bums were like "omg I love lil Wayne, he's the greatest" Joe budden wouldn't be praising Wayne in 2008 -2010 he only saying it now cuz it's cool to say and he's not currently at his high point. Almost like pity. If he didn't praise Wayne he'd be attacked. When drake retire he'll be doing the same thing...

Joe was KILLING Wayne when he was on top. No hypotheticals needed for this one. Calling people sheep for thinking he was great.

The impact stuff is just a very soft way of going at Drake. It's very fair to say you think Drake is talented but the music and projects aren't reaching his potential. The numbers are cool, taking credit for making dancehall mainstream again is cool I guess (I don't really see how that's an accomplishment) - doesn't change the fact that the projects aren't great when he clearly has the tools to make something great.

drake peaked at iyrtitl and that was cool at best

cool at best and it's his best album lol

and I like his music

but he's never made a complete body of work that wowed me

closest thing is so far gone

all his loose music is better than his projects

Last edited:
Zaytoven
Lex
Ehhh I mean From what I hear, everything sounds like 40. 40 and Drake in particular. The whole Melodic driven rap / sing thing that everyone is doing over those down tempo, low filter murky beats is 40 x Drake.

Oh well if your not a fan i understand. When humble came out i had no idea how ppl thought it was a good song. Different strokes

Hate the song but understand the motive behind it. That and DNA were basically the soundtrack to the playoffs. Very well played

Ehhh I mean From what I hear, everything sounds like 40. 40 and Drake in particular. The whole Melodic driven rap / sing thing that everyone is doing over those down tempo, low filter murky beats is 40 x Drake.

Zay def up there too. The whole post Mexiko Dro wave every soundcloud producer/rapper is on rn is indebted to him.

Lex no need to even begin

lol speaking of that ***** avy was i the only one seeing all the girls start promoting that bra ****

Nah. I don't even think they need 4 shows a week. Cut it down to 3. Make people miss you.
i digg. I think four is good enough when Budden was claiming friday check i was wit it.. But then i know he got other stuff going on in his life same with Ak and Nadeska

Back
Top Bottom