Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

I didn’t even hear the clip
But as soon as I saw Cam I already knew how it was going to go so I skipped it
And let the comments affirm what I already thought

Is this a reach?

After Kendrick says the Daft Punk line in Euphoria and the beat switch, is he rapping over a sample from a Daft Punk song “Forget The World”? I kinda hear it…

Saw this on TikTok

i saw the tiktok too, i listened to the song and didn't really hear it.. but hardcore daft punk fans are saying it's the song. wouldn't be surprised

gta-v-dance.gif

Where the hell that joint he put at the end?

Sorry for the TikTok post…

The album as a whole is a classic, but I get what he’s trying to do. He trippin taking My Downfall off., probably my favorite song from the album. I Love The Dough was a banger for me when the album dropped. Nasty Boy my 💩! That beat was 🔥 and BIG killed it. Another One is a song I mess with, guess from experience of some toxic relationships lol. Definitely trippin cutting the R. Kelly joint. I agree with Last Day being cut. I know Hypnotize is a classic, but I’d probably leave it off. And I never cared for Going Back to Cali.

Random. But Big Daddy Kane is a perfect example of how one should age gracefully in hip hop. Hearing also about his touring, and how he’s been able to have such a legendary career, and pick and choose when he wants to be in the light is fire. Going to go back and check some old **** out.

Anybody got some recs (more underground ****)?

Random. But Big Daddy Kane is a perfect example of how one should age gracefully in hip hop. Hearing also about his touring, and how he’s been able to have such a legendary career, and pick and choose when he wants to be in the light is fire. Going to go back and check some old **** out.

No recs, but I’d argue the old school acts are a million times better than most artists from 00’s on. Can’t think of one old school act I’ve personally seen that didn’t bring a high level of energy, clarity in their words, and just overall showmanship.

Sorry for the TikTok post…

The album as a whole is a classic, but I get what he’s trying to do. He trippin taking My Downfall off., probably my favorite song from the album. I Love The Dough was a banger for me when the album dropped. Nasty Boy my 💩! That beat was 🔥 and BIG killed it. Another One is a song I mess with, guess from experience of some toxic relationships lol. Definitely trippin cutting the R. Kelly joint. I agree with Last Day being cut. I know Hypnotize is a classic, but I’d probably leave it off. And I never cared for Going Back to Cali.

Can't take off I love Dough, especially after what Hov became. No way in hell you taking off My Downfall. No sir.

Whose idea was it to start off disc 2 of
“Life After Death” with the song Notorious Thugs
I’m positive he didn’t get a raise our probably didn’t even get paid but it was well deserved

you’re just a butter knife, I’m a machete
Ain’t no half steppin

And the old dudes know how to throw down. Cypress Hill still one of the best live acts I’ve seen across genres

Back
Top Bottom