Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

There was no point in going at him
He has the whole backing of interscope
Plus white america
Plus he pays homageAnd pretty much only dissed
Pop acts
Didn’t get into it with many known rappers of his era
Y'all can't say "well Em never went anybody" then turn around and give other rappers the excuse that was scared of Interscope that's why they didn't go at him. Back in those days rappers didn't give a damn who you was signed to or backed by.

You telling me if X, Hov, Beans, Kiss, Nas wanted to go at Em they stopped cuz "OMG Interscope and white people!". Nah that don't even sound right. Rappers just had respect for him and his skill.

Y'all can't say "well Em never went anybody" then turn around and give other rappers the excuse that was scared of Interscope that's why they didn't go at him. Back in those days rappers didn't give a damn who you was signed to or backed by.

You telling me if X, Hov, Beans, Kiss, Nas wanted to go at Em they stopped cuz "OMG Interscope and white people!". Nah that don't even sound right. Rappers just had respect for him and his skill.
bruh i stated
that there was no reason for them to
back then the top rappers were making money
and only really beefed cause of personal issues
not like now where its just a marketing tool
em really never bothered anyone in rap
he stayed in his weird lane
if he came at x and them back then
then yeah sure
but i just meant in general
m&m only really dissed pop acts
and rappers not really known

I feel like every rapper Em dissed came at him first. I can't remember anyone he just came at for no reason besides the pop acts. Son went at an entire record label and a magazine.

I'm bout to go find all these old Green Lantern tapes and G-Unit freestyles though.

How can anyone question someone going at Em when he got upset at Joe for talking about a song to the point off record dudes are like Em is never putting out our project now. Think if Jay did that to Joe the attention it would receive. But Em got a pass for that.

And did Em ever dedicate a song to Royce?

Why?

Because Royce wasn't on his level of success and he would be giving him light and also because he respected Royce's pen.

And you can't say their beef wasn't that serious, because it got serious enough to get physical. And Royce certainly brought him in the beef and made their issues public.

I feel like every rapper Em dissed came at him first.
\
I said this a while ago, Em never really had any issues within hip-hop so he would only respond. He made fun of pop acts cause their lameness, which is what rap fans had been doing already anyway

How can anyone question someone going at Em when he got upset at Joe for talking about a song to the point off record dudes are like Em is never putting out our project now. Think if Jay did that to Joe the attention it would receive. But Em got a pass for that.

And did Em ever dedicate a song to Royce?

Why?

Because Royce wasn't on his level of success and he would be giving him light and also because he respected Royce's pen.

And you can't say their beef wasn't that serious, because it got serious enough to get physical. And Royce certainly brought him in the beef and made their issues public.
Budden and slaughter house were signed to shady records. Its petty and ****ed up but would it really be surprising for someone's album to be shelved if they dissed the label head? I'd highly doubt Em had the pull to shut down someone like a Jay, Nas, or X in their heyday or even now for that matter. Most rappers arent signed to Shady so he couldn't just shut them down that easily

He also went old man on this and dissed modern rap

Huh? Rap fans never dissed pop acts. What rap fan cared about Brittany Spears, Christina Aguilera and N'Sync? Who talked about them?

The only time we cared about Mariah Carey was when she did the song with The Lox and Dirty.

Black rap fans never cared about pop acts

Eminem fans did, because those are the fans he brought to rap. He was the Beastie Boys for the 90's.

And that's why I always hated Eminem fans, because most of them had no knowledge or rap but were quick to say he was the best. You listen to Eminem and Bubba Sparxxx ****.

Budden and slaughter house were signed to shady records. Its petty and ****ed up but would it really be surprising for someone's album to be shelved if they dissed the label head? I'd highly doubt Em had the pull to shut down someone like a Jay, Nas, or X in their heyday or even now for that matter. Most rappers arent signed to Shady so he couldn't just shut them down that easily

Interscope was the biggest label with Dre, 50 and Em.

You want a feature?

You want our new video or single first?

He could definitely make calls and slow if not shut **** down. 50 made it hard for his enemies.

You want a feature?

He could definitely make calls and slow if not shut **** down. 50 made it hard for his enemies.
You could apply that **** to any major rapper though, you think if you dissed X anyone on Ruff Ryders or their close affiliates would work with you? You think if someone told Kendrick to suck they **** then TDE or black hippy would do a record with them afterwards? If a smaller rapper disses a bigger one theirs always a risk involved in reference to their career. That wasnt only unique to Shady/Aftermath

Who?

Most of us have no clue who these people appearing on MTV even are.

Off the top of my head, myself. You speaking for a lot of people and generalizing with it at that. Black rap fans just flat out don't listen to pop music? That's what you're going with? NSync was on 106 And Park bruh :lol:

Off the top of my head, myself. You speaking for a lot of people and generalizing with it at that. Black rap fans just flat out don't listen to pop music? That's what you're going with? NSync was on 106 And Park bruh :lol:
Them along with the backstreet boys were clowned in oblivion by hip-hop fans I came up around. It was even worst when the underground became prevalent, anything that was not hardcore rap was **** on.

You want a feature?

And _'s still dissed 50. :lol:

I can't buy that dudes was so scared of Interscope that they left Em alone. It don't make sense. DMX was a superstar selling 5+ mil on every album for years. Jay was a superstar and had industry connects. Nas was already legend. Em couldn't calls and stop them _'s from moving, c'mon now. :lol:

I can't buy that dudes was so scared of Interscope that they left Em alone. It don't make sense. DMX was a superstar selling 5+ mil on every album for years. Jay was a superstar and had industry connects. Nas was already legend. Em couldn't calls and stop them _'s from moving, c'mon now. :lol:

Just comes back to respect. Em is highly skilled and a lot of people respected him. A lot of these names people have mentioned never had a reason to diss EM. Even when 50/D-Block were beefing, none of them really had much to say about him. Em was even on Jadakiss' album.

Diss was cool and all but all Eminem has to do at the beginning of the track is say that MGK said his 16 year old daughter was hot and it’s a wrap. He don’t even have to bar him to death. If I were Kelly I woulda stayed quiet you can’t really defend that. What’s Eminem fan base who assume MGK shares a lot of fans with going to think about that? Like bro you was 21 and said a 16 year old was hot as ****. If you really compelled to say something atleast make it respectful like she’s a beautiful young lady or something lmao.

Labels arranged for artist to come on shows, because 106 was that big. It was part of a promo run just like a random white actor would come on 106 and Park. Tom Cruise went on 106 and Park....and. Did black people care about him and Nicole Kidman?

Black people for the most part didn't care about the artist Eminem dissed.

That's why you can't name a bunch of other rappers who did that corny ****. If it was kosher and all these black people ****ed with them, why didn't they diss them too?

They were selling a million their first week and going diamond every time they released a project?

DMX's run selling 5 mil was two years.

Dude is mostly right about Em.

Granted I'm sure black rap fans knew of plenty pop acts but no not at any point was it a cool thing to diss them. Em invented that and did so in a vacuum. Also what Em did isn't the same thing as say Chuck D ****ting on Elvis in a bar.

Don't know about the whole being scared of Interscope and Em shutting anything down though.

Ooh ahh
ooh aah
do a little ****
Br-a-b-b-b-bay have I lost it?
You still with me?
Fazeeking
keaking and sneaking
All N Da Doe
wit da nappy 'fro I'm still freaky
On citas, bonitas senoritas

Shout out to keak da sneak

Back