Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Maybe not for Future and Lil Baby, but definitely Migos
Most people outside of ATL hadn't heard Tony Montana until Drake hopped on it.

Baby's first big song is My Dawg, Freestyle takes a while to bubble, his next big single literally features Drake and his 'run' pretty much starts there with most of his fans outside of ATL.

Most people outside of ATL hadn't heard Tony Montana until Drake hopped on it.

Baby's first big song is My Dawg, Freestyle takes a while to bubble, his next big single literally features Drake and his 'run' pretty much starts there with most of his fans outside of ATL.
You giving dude way too much credit... Literally all them cats were rising and that's why Drake latched on. They were already ascending, he just shortened the ascension time. I'll give you Migos and 21... But you are not about to credit this man for Future, Baby, or Gunna

Bruh stop it man. This is the problem.
Is Versace not what broke the migos?

Did Tony Montana not break future?

Did Yes Indeed not solidify Baby as more than just another rapper from ATL (respectfully)?

I'mma huge fan of all these dudes but they too knew what the drake look would do for their careers and they took it.

These dudes ain't Dram where Drake straight up stole his song they were happy collaborators.

Did Yes Indeed not solidify Baby as more than just another rapper from ATL (respectfully)?

I'mma huge fan of all these dudes but they too knew what the drake look would do for their careers and they took it.

These dudes ain't Dram where Drake straight up stole his song they were happy collaborators.
Fam Tony Montana ain't break no Future... You are wylin right now. You cats are giving MC Gusto way too much credit and I believe that's where a lot of disdain from his peers come from. If you're gonna give any artist credit for Future, it should be Rocko.

You giving dude way too much credit... Literally all them cats were rising and that's why Drake latched on. They were already ascending, he just shortened the ascension time. I'll give you Migos and 21... But you are not about to credit this man for Future, Baby, or Gunna

Agreed on him shortening the rise to ascension that's a better way to say it. Also 2/4 of those guys I named is still A LOT.

Gunna actually the only dude I didn't mention as I don't think he took the drake shimmy early. By the time Pushin P dropped Gunna was a household name off his own work (and maybe Jeff's).

As a fan of Drake’s So Far Gone and his first 3 albums, I hope he drops the Drizzy Corleone act now and goes back to that sound.
Yeah So Far Gone up to IYRTITL is my personal favorite era of Drake... The ghostwriting stuff changed him. His music definitely took a different direction after that.

These are songs that was already taking off, that's why he jumped on it.

What did Drake have to do with Magic, Turn on the lights, Mask Off, etc? Drake had nothing to do with bad and boujee.

But see this is why Drake moves how he moves. He know people are gonna give him credit if he jumps on something that's already in flight. People use that tired "well outside____ nobody heard it until Drake".

IMG_2357.gif

Fam Tony Montana ain't break no Future... You are wylin right now. You cats are giving MC Gusto way too much credit and I believe that's where a lot of disdain from his peers come from. If you're gonna give any artist credit for Future, it should be Rocko.

What's futures biggest song before that? I admittingly got on Fewtch late (right before Monster).

Rocko deserves way more credit but that's behind the scenes. People (nationally) weren't checking for Future cuz he was doing songs with Rocko (respectfully).

Last edited:
What's futures biggest song before that? I admittingly got on Fewtch late (right before Monster).

Rocks deserves way more credit but that's behind the scenes. People (nationally) weren't checking for Future cuz he was doing songs with Rocko (respectfully).
Racks is the track that broke Future. Dirty Sprite is the mixtape that put him on even though he had two before that

Drake gave migos, Future, and Baby (somewhat) their first look nationally.

The Drake stimulus is a real thing. He not breaking as many completely new acts but look at 4batz, his song was already huge but he still picked Drake for his first feature, is a proven recipe.
You got to understand bro. This is the internet. ****** are going to rewrite history. Have you noticed the Drake guys can give Kendrick his credit but these fellas can’t? You might as well be talking to a wall fam I’m keeping it 100

Back
Top Bottom