Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

8D66D975-C15E-46CB-B81F-8DD803F16BE0.jpeg

1715102358088.jpeg

10F550DF-07E8-4D30-85AA-ECB4164D2D7E.jpeg
This topic could be a whole nother diss.

That might be dry stitching though 😂

This topic could be a whole nother diss.

That might be dry stitching though 😂

I’m not trynna go in depth. I think it plays into the idea that folks are tired of this dude trynna run around like he some mobb boss

Yea the way they did DRAM after biting his entire steeze for Hotline Bling was shameful and when he truly started moving around like Pac :smh:

That Views/Summer 16 wave and subsequent gas really signalled the beginning of him starting to merge his role playing persona with his real life image and thinking he was untouchable.

That's when he started aiming his shots at dudes like 'Ye and Push

That dude Baka did like 10 years in prison, Drake met him well after he was already a superstar and took him in like a day 1. :lol:

In 2014, Baka was arrested and charged with forcing a 22-year-old woman into prostitution and taking her money. In 2015, he pleaded guilty to assaulting the woman and an unrelated weapons charge. He was sentenced to six months, but since he had already done 10 months in custody, he did not serve an additional six months

Baka has priors for armed robbery, assault, discharging a firearm while committing a robbery, and possession for the purpose of trafficking.Upon his release, Drake said: "When [he] got out of jail there was a lot of different paths he could've took and he decided to focus on music

Like bruh you was a child actor turned music superstar now you bringing around random street dudes from canada for a look. He didn't grow up around none of these type of dudes.

Dont go stanning on me now. I don't need to call Drake a weirdo (which has been discussed retrospectively) to say that Metro is one too.

It seems like you're the one doing that, for three days this has been about Drake. Have you brought him up at all?

This getting props is insane , is this dude was breaking down bars from anybody else people will be talking about why does he get an opinion on hip hop …. This is worse than an rolling stone article 😂😂😂
Not only am I ok with this, I approve of a literal literary professional braking down rap lyrics. I dont get down with that "This is our music" nonsense.

Gate security was the mole?

8:42 AM PT -- Cops just did a press conference addressing the shooting at Drake's house -- and they didn't have too much more to say than what's already been revealed.

They confirmed it was a security guard who got hit standing at the front gate ... and they say he's in serious condition. There's no description of the suspects or vehicle just yet -- and there's no known motive either. Unclear if Drake was home, but they say he's cooperating.

The cops were asked about the Kendrick Lamar beef, but they wouldn't speak on it either way. The police say their incident was caught on video -- and they're canvassing for more now.

I’m not trynna go in depth. I think it plays into the idea that folks are tired of this dude trynna run around like he some mobb boss
not you.

I’m saying the Kendrick can make an diss centered around Drake’s caricature of a mob boss and it’s affects on peoples lives, basically tripling down on his Drake is not a good person narrative.

That might be dry snitching though :lol:

That dude Baka did like 10 years in prison, Drake met him well after he was already a superstar and took him in like a day 1. :lol:

In 2014, Baka was arrested and charged with forcing a 22-year-old woman into prostitution and taking her money. In 2015, he pleaded guilty to assaulting the woman and an unrelated weapons charge. He was sentenced to six months, but since he had already done 10 months in custody, he did not serve an additional six months

Baka has priors for armed robbery, assault, discharging a firearm while committing a robbery, and possession for the purpose of trafficking.Upon his release, Drake said: "When [he] got out of jail there was a lot of different paths he could've took and he decided to focus on music

Like bruh you was a child actor turned music superstar now you bringing around random street dudes from canada for a look. He didn't grow up around none of these type of dudes.
Been saying this for yrs lol

Typically I'm thankful that technology and social media wasn't like now back in the mid-90's when I was coming up. But boy oh boy would it have been great to have it during those hip hops days. Instead of waiting months and months or even a year for a single response, it would have been WILD to get Tupac and Big firing back and forth multiple times after a few days. Ether took like a damn year iirc. It wasn't just the pen and studio time, you had to wait for the physical production and distribution of it all. The speed now just completely changes things. This past weekend was to much fun.

>DHad to go back and revisit TPAB. Mortal Man is still, whew :smh:
Did this the other day :lol:

Hood Politics is hard as hell still man :pimp:

The Thundercat fingerprints all over the album also gives it that timeless sound feel.

Will never not find it weird seeing black folks/fans dismissing and ****ting on the jazz and funk influences as if those aren't foundational sounds in contemporary black musical tradition.

Acting too cool for the music their parents and grandparents grew up on :lol: :smh:

Ngl I haven’t listened to TPAB in helllllla long and I forgot how fire hood politics was (can do without the outro tho lol)

Back
Top Bottom