Rasheed Wallace coming back to the Celtics according to Stephen A.

I forgot all about him & the new officiating rule... That should be interesting.
eek.gif

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

He doesn't play defense, or hasn't since 2004?

What...? That's so wrong.
laugh.gif
He didn't play defense last year. His effort was severely lacking. For someone to say, "One of the best post defenders" must mean they have been sleep for a few years.
grin.gif

Nah, he still is one of the best post defenders, he clearly didn't try that hard for the entire regular season and offensively he is quite limited but the minute the playoffs started he still managed the lowest defensive rating of any big, still caused turnovers at the same rate as a guard.

He can d up anybody for a tittle run, for a whole seaon no, but for one tittle run, def yes.

Sadly Rasheed is a bum and a major liability: He chucks low percentage shots, can't play defense (harking to last year's finals), and is emotionally unstable.
lols to the picture above though. I see paul and rasheed are putting on colonial theater for the kids

Sheed playing it smart. Why risk playing the full season with this new technical rule and end up being suspended 48 games when you can can sneak in the last 40.

He still probably gonna end up with the most techs this season though.

i've heard this rumor since october. talk shows here have mentioned that sheed never left boston. he's still in the area, hangs around and occasionally works out with the players.....

Originally Posted by Rolaholic

I'd love for him to come back,dude was comedy 
laugh.gif
. We have the best personalities in the league:Shaq,Paul,Nate,KG now Sheed
laugh.gif

Shaq

wait..................WE? arent you a heat fan???

Big Baby is playing GREAT this season. I am not sure how Rasheed can help this team without causing issues with the chemistry.

Why do they need another big on their squad when they already have
KG, Jermaine, SHaq, Baby Davis, and Perkins returning soon. Not to mention Erden?

There is a such thing as too much.

Defend? When was the last time Sheed defended ANYTHING. He hasn't been in shape in 4 years. He can not score, he can run from 3 pt line to 3 pt line and jack threes. That is all he did last season and he wasn't much help to the squad.

Intensity? There is a difference between arguing with refs and putting pressure on your team to overcompensate for your laziness than being intense. He isn't intense he is emotional. Big difference. KG is intense. HIs intensity makes a difference (positive) not Sheed.

No need for him.

you obviously didnt watch the nba finals.

sheed defends pau gasol better than anybody in the entire league

and he can guard bynum too,who is kind of too strong for KG

really thats all we need him for

defend those two and hit a couple threes here and there

and we win tha 'chip

sheed was the celtics best player during game 7 last year. and like dude above me said he defends pau better than anyone else in the league, imo if sheed wants to come back, the celtics should welcom him back w open arms

The FInals? Sheed showed up for ONE game in the Finals Series. What finals were you all watching?

Again, if a dude is only going to go hard for ONE game, why would I want him on my team?

WOW. Rasheed had a record 41 techs in '00-'01, which is one every two games. Not to mention, 7 ejections.
eek.gif
roll.gif
Dude was at the height of his powers.

That record is up there with Wilt's 100 and Lakers' 33 in a row.

The FInals? Sheed showed up for ONE game in the Finals Series. What finals were you all watching?

Again, if a dude is only going to go hard for ONE game, why would I want him on my team?

Give it up, you're wrong and everyone has called you out on it. Sheed is a great post defender. He played well the entire Finals series in terms of defense. He gave it his all.

Back
Top Bottom