Real Time With Bill Maher

I'm a bit older now and while I still wind up downtown on a random Friday night, I also find myself stoked for some wine and beer with the old lady at our place watching Bill Maher.

Do y'all watch Maher? 

There hasn't been a thread about him/his show in years so I figure getting it going could spark some good convo.

Killer Mike did aight tonight. That chick he had on after the monologue straight killed it. 

Bill Maher is that dude 
nthat.gif

Last edited:
I **** with Maher heavy until he starts spewing that nonsense about Israel and I have to change the channel. 

Last edited:
Dude is an Islamaphobic zionist.

**** him and anything he has to say about anything.

A Netanyahu apologist, always justifying Israeli racism and extremism.

Last edited:
He's smart and funny at times but I can't stand his holier than thou attitude. Also he has no real humor about himself, not a fan of comedians who can't poke fun of themselves.

John Oliver and his HBO show >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Last edited:
He's cool, but sometimes his extreme left views are irritating (especially when he combines it with the holier-than-thou attitude as mentioned above).

I don't like that dude. He acts like a douche. I don't follow a religion but the way he talks about religion is nasty.

I don't like that dude. He acts like a douche. I don't follow a religion but the way he talks about religion is nasty.
Agreed. That's my main gripe with the dude. I agree with him on most issues, but sometimes he really loses me, and when he talks religion is one of those times.

he reminds me of the opposite side bill o'really, but still like him, if you catch my drift...

I have been an avid viewer of his show for years. Although I might not always agree with his opinion or his stance on a particular subject, he's a breath of fresh air to watch. Yes he clearly leans to the left, but he says things that a lot of media blowhards are either too afraid or too stupid to say. :lol: @ some of the replies in here, typical nt.

He makes some great points sometimes. Other times he spews nonsense

I do rock with him on the point that liberals/progressives need to grow a backbone and stop letting conservatives control the narrative.

He is a nice balance to say someone like Jon Stewart.

Last edited:
Agreed. That's my main gripe with the dude. I agree with him on most issues, but sometimes he really loses me, and when he talks religion is one of those times.
That's actually one of the areas where I rock with him the most. Religion is a complete crock of _, and he calls it as such. 

He's smart and funny at times but I can't stand his holier than thou attitude. Also he has no real humor about himself, not a fan of comedians who can't poke fun of themselves.

John Oliver and his HBO show >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
This is very true. He's got thin skin when the jokes on him. That's extremely weak. 

One thing I love though is that he's not afraid to have people on his show that go at him hard. That dude from Russia went in on him the other week. 

Gotta also love the fact his show is live. I'ma have to check out more of John's HBO show. The little I've seen I rock with Maher's show way more. 

Last edited:

That's actually one of the areas where I rock with him the most. Religion is a complete crock of _, and he calls it as such. 

The millions and maybe billions that do follow one might disagree. His insults aren't necessary though.

His stance on religion and believing in God is where I co-sign 100%, but the way he belittles believers is a bit harsh.

The millions and maybe billions that do follow one might disagree. His insults aren't necessary though.
His insults are the issue. A lot of the time it's just plain unnecessary the way he throws around insults is kind of sickening. It's his lack of respect for people with a differing opinion that I take issue with.

Last edited:
Insinuating that poetry is for "girly men" when interviewing Nas, insinuating that Jay-Z was gay for saying that he rocks Tom Ford, bringing Mos Def to a panel discussions with Chris Hitchens, a man who was clearly out of his depth
Again, do you have proof? There are tons of YouTube clips of his guest. Prove your claims with actual facts.

Back
Top Bottom