Realisticcc approaches to stopping the violence in Chiraq.

Theres threads on this topic monthly but all i ever see is people focusing on why it is the way it is. (Which is inherently good) but not so much so when it becomes a distraction to actually attacking the problem. So what are you suggestions?

Dont write a disertation. Concise theories please if and when possible.

I thought i had some ideas but the more i think about it i dont even know man :smh:

14 yr old girls gunning eachother down in the street? So lost. I wish i was born like 50 yrs ago. We act like all the civil rights leaders of our past are Gods but in actuality they lost. We were infiltrated and divided earlyyy and although we may have recovered to some extent not nearly enough was done at crucial times. We won in the media and on the streets but lost the battle of legislation. Classism. Etc

How do you make these people value their meaningless lives?
Part of me is happy the internet is gunna be just another tool of the rich and powerful. At least then people in general will quit having a platform to spread ignorance and have so many false idols to aspire to be. Maybe then kids will be kids again and focus on what makes them happy.

End rant. Leave suggestions

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/40-Shot-in-Spate-of-Chicago-Weekend-Violence-256887211.html#

Last edited:
More afterschool programs to keep kids off the street

Stronger education system so kids actually have materials to learn and become interested in learning

Something to help the economy to help these families get out of poverty

Promoting ignorance in the form of taking away internet access is not good. Sure, people use social media for shoddy things. But, people also use the internet to organize community events, discuss the same way we're discussing now, and to learn in general. Taking away the internet from those with already limited resources will only make this problem worse.

My theory is this; until there is a way for people in Chicago to support their families in a way that does not including drug dealing or the gang lifestyle, this will always be a problem. Not only is this an issue because of the lack of jobs, but it also is an issue of schools not preparing students to take on jobs (or pursue further education so that they can.) But, the schools aren't the only ones to blame. A student's success begins (and ends) at home. So how do we fix it?

1. Invest in social services. Either get parents help with drug issues and financial problems so that their kids have a stable environment. If parents can't get over their issues, take their kids away. I'm not a fan of this, but I'd rather have a kid in foster care than to force them to live with a parent who spends their money on drugs, or worse, gets high with their child. (Every year, Chicago schools sees more and more kids with drug addictions. Not just weed, I'm talking heroine and crack.)

2. Bring more jobs to Chicago. It doesn't have to be much, but make it so that people can make more than they would dealing on the streets. (Most dealers don't make more thab minimum wage anyways.) With the opportunity for employment, parents would have motivation to stay clean and get jobs, rather than just staying on public assistance.

3. Stop wasting police resources on drug arrests. Yes, its an issue, but drugs will always be in this country. Its just a fact. Spend those resources going after violent offenders instead, and make seizures of cash/guns the motivation for drug operations, not just "dope on the table." Stop bothering arresting gang leaders, as well. This increases instability in a neighborhood. Unless they're overtly ordering violence, make the gangs fall apart from lack of new recruits...not by chopping one of the heads off a three headed snake.

4. Last, but not least, INVEST IN SCHOOLS. They just closed a ridiculous amount of schools, not only reducing the amount of resources that students have, but also putting them in very real danger by forcing them to walk through foreign neighborhoods (and even though some are right next to each other, trust me when I say that for some kids, they are completely foreign.) Im 99% sure that Chicago is currently having one of the worst truancy issues in the country because of Rahm's dumb moves. With no school, kids are just gonna be hanging out around their neighborhood, looking for a way to get money..that leads to gangs.

It's a large issue, and I don't claim to have the answers. But I think this would be a good start.

Cliffs:

1. Invest in social services to support students and their families, but remove students from the most toxic environments.

2. Bring more jobs to Chicago, so that people aren't motivated to deal to support themselves.

3. Stop wasting police resources on drugs. Go after violence.

4. INVEST IN SCHOOLS.

It all comes down to money though right? They need tax dollars to put into the infrastructure. If they had better schools with better materials with better teachers i think reform could happen. But where is the money going to come from?

It all comes down to money though right? They need tax dollars to put into the infrastructure. If they had better schools with better materials with better teachers i think reform could happen. But where is the money going to come from?

Maybe some of that "black budget" money that agencies like the NSA, FBI, and CIA have been using since the mid 1900s.

Trust me, the money is not the issue in this country. Well, at least in the sense that there might not be enough. There are people heavily invested in having a city that produces more prisoners than contributing citizens. Don't believe me? Prisons have been rumored to use the reading levels of elementary school children to project the number of prisons they need to build for yeeeaaaarrs.

Last edited:
what percentage of families in Chicago don't have fathers?

Most questions arnt dumb. This one is

Reread my post and retry at contributing

Why are the fathers not there. Dead or systemic prison industrial complex. Its not as if transporting black men into apt conplexes and calling them a family ubit is going to solve anything

If somebody kill your brother. What you gonna do? Its back and forth and will NEVER stop. Best thing you can do is just move. That's what ima do

Cliffs:

1. Invest in social services to support students and their families, but remove students from the most toxic environments.

2. Bring more jobs to Chicago, so that people aren't motivated to deal to support themselves.

3. Stop wasting police resources on drugs. Go after violence.

4. INVEST IN SCHOOLS.
This guy knows. Home life HAS to be a safe and nurturing place for children.  If a child's behavior isn't reinforced appropriately and he/she isn't receiving the proper care and attention, it makes it that much harder for him/her to succeed. Neglect is just as damaging as verbal/physical abuse. You can't let your kid run amok and expect the streets to raise them into an upstanding citizen.

Addressing future generations is key.

Truancy police

Stronger discipline in the church

Structured AND interesting activities for after school (sports usually good at this)

Mentoring groups, introduce these young people to a different future.  Once they taste it they want it. (Attending conferences n things of that nature).

Let's talk about these foul *** police. They pretty much drop off care packages of guns in the hood so they can lock you up and say "look at all these guns we take off the streets"

People getting shot and they leave them in the ambulance until they die. Take em straight to the coroners...incorrectly report what happen. Anything to keep that murder rate low. 50 people gettin shot every weekend tho.

The corruption here is out of control. The police are mostly mobsters and government officials aren't too far behind. The last two governors of illinois were based out of chicago and look at them..both rotting away in prison right now.

Its the white man fault!

Not saying the education system is necessarily adequate, but placing blame on schools is a vicious cycle, as no matter how inspiring or effective it may be, if students are subject to violence and neglect out of the classroom, only so much will stick, and likely not enough to make much of a difference. The real strength must stem from family and community. And yes, economics plays a critical role in doing so.

Bomani kept it so real. Theres a reason I've messed with him since day one. Opinionated, factual even when everyone else screams he's out there...my type of dude.
'*****d don't get the picture til the weapons drawn'- Jay z

To answer the question:

Overhaul police departments
Reform drug policy
Reform education system

Not saying the education system is necessarily adequate, but placing blame on schools is a vicious cycle, as no matter how inspiring or effective it may be, if students are subject to violence and neglect out of the classroom, only so much will stick, and likely not enough to make much of a difference. The real strength must stem from family and community. And yes, economics plays a critical role in doing so.

Not to mention....

"I want better schools! Schools system sucks"

Ok let's raise taxes for it

"Naw man, I'm good"

Last edited:
^well put

Moreover, relying on those taxes to be spent effectively is a longshot, but raising kids to appreciate and pursue knowledge and critical thinking is direct and controllable. Let's face it, administrators are not always the most practical or competent bunch, and hidden agendas can get in the way very easily

Who exactly is expected to get this ball rolling. I feel that if the people that could really make a change arent doing it already then it may never happen. This is obviously a problem and it has been for some time. Yet nothing is being done atleast on the governments end. I hope that the program that common and kanye are involved in can offer some help and maybe insipire some kind of change. I dont watch news on tv so i cant say for sure that the government isnt trying, but it doesnt seem like they are and they probably just don't care. So if the government isnt going to help which they clearly aren't what then ?

the youth have been corrupted so the next generation will be corrupt and the cycle continues.
i believe family unit is key
both man and woman encourage education and morals
getting rid of this materialistic mindset and focus on the intangibles
programs to keep kids busy and interactive

Back
Top Bottom