Recommend me a Bike!

I need a new bike. Less and $250 would be ideal. I am looking at hybrid and commuter bikes. I am 6'2

Any suggestions?

It always blows my mind that bicycles can get that expensive and that's probably still considered a cheap bike.

Five figure bikes :x for why?

Last edited:
It always blows my mind that bicycles can get that expensive and that's probably still considered a cheap bike.

thats what I'm talkin about. most of the bicycle shops online and in my area. Los Angeles mostly cater to the hardcore cyclists. I consider myself a casual biker biking around ~5 miles a day. Is it so hard to find decent bikes without breaking the bank?

That sounds a bit big. I'm 6'1" and usually ride a 58. Depends on the brand a bit though.

With $250 you want something used - anything new will be cheap and heavy. That buys you a lot second hand.

Craigslist and the like us your friend. With a little patience you'll get something.

Ive been looking on cl . My last bike was from Cl. But this time im going for a new bike. Besides bike direct.com are there any other reputable online bike shops

I think the bikes on Bikesdirect run big.

I have a Motobecane Track and a Mercier Kilo TT from them that I sold.

Pretty good bikes for its price.

Just like anything it gets expensive. When you're talking about several thousand dollar+ bikes materials is what you're paying for. Carbon fiber frames, wheels, etc.

I'm pretty sure Bikes Direct is the only online retailer. Try CL.

I think some of their frames are rebrands of popular manufacturers.

the windsor the hour 61cm is all that is left and im 6'2 so that might be too big. if it isnt some one please tell me

other options i have

Gravity Swift Track Bikes
http://www.bikesdirect.com/products/gravity/swift_track.htm

Dawes Streetfighter
http://www.bikesdirect.com/products/dawes/fixie-track-bikes-streetfighter.htm

Motobecane Fixie Cafe
http://www.bikesdirect.com/products/motobecane/fixie-cafe-flat-bar-bikes.htm

^ above are the only in my size 58cm and are flip flop hubs meaning i can switch them form single speed to fixie.

I am new to buying a new bike so i somebody can help point me in the right direction, it would be a lot of help

That Dawes is fine since you just want a basic bike. If you wanna go fixed gear, you will need to buy a cog. Man bikesdirect, the classic: Windsor the Hour and Kilo TT, everyone's starter fixed gear :pimp:

That's extremely vague, all depends on what kind of riding you do. If he's commuting on the road a mountain bike makes no sense.

what ever the case may be. mountain bikes are best for what ever terrain you wish to trek upon IMO

i bought a rode bike i regret it.

what ever the case may be. mountain bikes are best for what ever terrain you wish to trek upon IMO

i bought a rode bike i regret it.

Mountain bike on the road commuting is inefficient. Fork soaks up a lot of the energy from your pedal stroke, a lot of rolling resistance, etc.

Mountain bike on the road commuting is inefficient. Fork soaks up a lot of the energy from your pedal stroke, a lot of rolling resistance, etc.

i rode my mountain bike to work faster than my rode bike. it's all preference though

los angeles.

bikes direct is out of my size for the windsor and motobecane... I am 6'2 would 61cm be too big?
wow im in the same boat looking for a commuter bike.. thinking of a trek 820.

repped on that discount site

also im 5'10 185 lbs what size bike is suitable?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom