recommend me a portable speaker

Def not the Beats Pill. I've had mine for years and that thing is a joke. Constantly loses signal and sounds terrible when close to death.

BEM WIRELESS, this one. Its lik $300 at Sears but half that on Amazon and I copped one NIB on eBay for $50
Other than that, I'd recommend any of the Ion Block rocker series. You can get them from Sam's for the cheapest I have seen retail. I like the orange Job rocker
View media item 1558902

the beats bill is good if you can get it on sale... its definitely serviceable but i dont know about the best

Last edited:
Are any of the speakers you guys are mentioning loud enough to be heard outdoors on a beach?
Depends on the beach, went to some private beach with the Sony SRS-X5 it was fine for those around me, about 30 feet out in the open, it was great in the cabana though.  Went to a tourist beach, I didn't even wanna bring it out, too many people, too much noise, i doubt any portable speaker is great on a crowded beach.

Depends on the beach, went to some private beach with the Sony SRS-X5 it was fine for those around me, about 30 feet out in the open, it was great in the cabana though.  Went to a tourist beach, I didn't even wanna bring it out, too many people, too much noise, i doubt any portable speaker is great on a crowded beach.
Yea I'm thinking about taking a trip to Panama City Beach for spring break next year, you're right, I guess it wouldn't make much sense to buy any if that's the case

The beats pill is rather popular.

From personal experience the Panasonic bluetooth speakers are pretty good.

Left my speaker in my car for a day.  Came back, the base was warped and no longer charges or turns on.  Sony SRS-X5.  
embarassed.gif

Trust me, it depends on how mich you want to spend. If your budget is no issue, beats box easy. Joint BANGS. Best bang for your buck would be bose sound link mini. Verizon corporate stores should have them for 179 this month.

Back
Top Bottom