Reebok Answer 1 returning in May 24, 2013. Retail $150

Got them for 119 from reebok with my birthday coupon...can't wait to get them in.

Had them in this color, the white, and the blue when they first came out...actually, had 2 pairs of the blue - brings back so many memories.  Thank you reebok.

Saw these in person today and the quality was absolutely fine. The pair I looked at didn't have a bunch of flaws and the leather was nice. I really hope people are not missing out on these because of that stupid nightwing review.

Saw these in person today and the quality was absolutely fine. The pair I looked at didn't have a bunch of flaws and the leather was nice. I really hope people are not missing out on these because of that stupid nightwing review.

Saw these today at foot locker. They looked alright but when I tried them on the toebox felt awkward. This and the high price made me pass on these.

Went in to grab my pair this morning and I passed. I went down a full size as recommended and they ended up being just about a quarter inch or so too small. They only had one of each size so I couldn't switch. But beside that the pair they handed me was all warped and weird looking, everything was slanted to one side, like the reebok symbol that comes together in the center of the shoe was way way off, it was weird lookin all around. Craftsmanship was just kinda sloppy but I wouldn't have minded too much had they fit. Bummed. Hope to come across another pair (perhaps on sale?) in the future sometime.

Gotta agree here. I was actually shocked by the quality (and I'm picky). I had the OG Answer 1 (blue patent), Answer IV, and now the retro Answer IV. The leather isn't as nice on the Answer IV retro, but the DMX not being present /noticeable (since its foam) is what made that experience suck.

I tried the Answer I on today, and while they don't feel EXACTLY like the DMX-10 of the OGs, they still had something there, and it was more noticeable than the Answer IV foam. It was actually close enough to where I would actually be OK with the cushioning they used in these ( I also took out the sockliner to make sure I was feeling actual cushioning, and was shocked to find that it actually was the midsole I was feeling whatever cushioning it was). It felt like a "lighter" DMX-10, but thick for me to play in.

The leather was fine (compared to Nightwing's review), but I have seen that type of thing with the Answer IV retro (especially from online retailers where you gamble with what you get). Definitely gonna get a pair when they drop in price a bit...

watched the nightwing review vid.

b/c dude seemed like a fan of this particular model, i think he had his expectations too high.

this is a 2013 retro, everything he was *****in about should pretty much be expected @ this point. not sayin half a5s quality is ok with me but should anyone really be surprised by it?

that being said, i wouldnt wanna pay 150 for em. roun 100 n i'll scoop em gladly (which i think is very possible btw)...

Great durability in this shoe. The tragic thing about it is that I didn't respect it when they released the first time. Mom's copped these for me for Christmas that year. Didn't even run them to the ground :smh:. I wish I had a time machine and go back and slap myself for this one.

On a side note, the dmx tech in this shoe was :wow:, felt like clouds.

Last edited:
finally saw them in person and I def passed

the gold is so dull it killed the reason I wanted them

Just tried them on and they actually look and feel great. Not 100% sure if u feel dmx or just the way the sole is shaped but its a comfortable ride to them. Definitely fit huge. I wear a 10 in the kamikazes and I tried on a 9.5 in these and I'd probably still go down to a 9. This is the kind of shoe that not only runs long but the upper sits really high, so unless you like choking your shoes onto your foot with the laces I would try these on in store.

Just tried them on and they actually look and feel great. Not 100% sure if u feel dmx or just the way the sole is shaped but its a comfortable ride to them. Definitely fit huge. I wear a 10 in the kamikazes and I tried on a 9.5 in these and I'd probably still go down to a 9. This is the kind of shoe that not only runs long but the upper sits really high, so unless you like choking your shoes onto your foot with the laces I would try these on in store.

Yea, I think it may be dmx 10 foam. Idk how that would be possible, but I took out the sockliner out and walked in them in the store, and still felt the same thing, so there is definitely some foam or air transfer in there (and I was thinking that it may be the shape of the soles as well, contributing to that feel). They're not like my OGs I had, but they were still comfortable enough to pass (in my book), but I will wait for that price drop though...

Last edited:
I wear a size 11 in all my shoes and the size 11 felt super floppy, so I tried the 10.5 and they fit pretty fine. I was goign to do a Size 10, but i think my toes would of been crushed lol. These shoes are very comfy and the leather is superb! I think that is REAL full grain leather on these just by how they smell..

Just tried em on and I'm copping to hoop in. Went whole size down. The fit/feel/comfort is on point. These Are so dope!!!!! Prob going to get all colors released. CLASSICS!!!

Just tried em on and I'm copping to hoop in. Went whole size down. The fit/feel/comfort is on point. These Are so dope!!!!! Prob going to get all colors released. CLASSICS!!!

Did you have the originals? I'm interested in hearing how people feel about these comfort wise vs the orignals. I had the blue patents, but I also got mine used from eBay, so I never knew how the DMX felt BRAND NEW, but it was still full enough to where I could recognize it.

I
Did you have the originals? I'm interested in hearing how people feel about these comfort wise vs the orignals. I had the blue patents, but I also got mine used from eBay, so I never knew how the DMX felt BRAND NEW, but it was still full enough to where I could recognize it.
I think you'll have to wear these awhile before you can really make an accurate assessment. I had the original black and Golds and they stayed comfortable until I ran the heels into the ground. These could be the same, just have to wait and see

Never had originals but these feel like a good ball shoe and comfy enough! Some ppl say dmx is in some say there's no dmx idk. Maybe you have to break it in!!!!

Dang, Reebok is back!

The funny thing is most of these retro's that we are seeing now minus a couple like the Shaq and the DMX Run were retro'd a few years back and no one bought them. I hope we see the premier edition reebok pump and the SXT's soon

Last edited:
The funny thing is most of these retro's that we are seeing now minus a couple like the Shaq and the DMX Run were retro'd a few years back and no one bought them. I hope we see the premier edition reebok pump and the SXT's soon

No kidding. I remember the Answer I, IV, and Question retroing in 2005-2006, and they sat like crazy. What makes it worse is that the quality of those retros was better lol. Although they didn't have cushioning, the materials were better (especially the Answer IV)...

That's just flat out not true

I had both the Question retro and the Answer IV in 2005/06, and the leather quality was definitely better (IMHO). That was probably one of the things that stood out first with 2012/2012 retros compared to the '05 versions.

Just picked these up for my friend who is a huge Iverson fan and had the OGs when we were in middle school. They quality is absolutely horrible. There is excess glue everywhere and some things just don't look aligned very well at all.

Would anyone be willing to take one for the team and do a week test-run to see how these are for hopping lol? I know the Answer IV retro sucked (for most of us, anyway), but since the cushioning feels different in these, perhaps these would be ok for ball...?

Back
Top Bottom