@@@ REEBOK @@@ SHAQ ATTACKS @@@

Don't get too tangled about those SC comments, most of them are 13 year old hypebeast with way too much time and money on their hands, that only want Bell-Air's and Yeezy's.

http://blog.ycmc.com/reebok-classic-x-shoe-city-invade-howard-homecoming/

Reebok has zero credibility at this stage. They are churning out retro+ garbage just for the sake of it. Nike/JB can get away with their poorly executed colourways because of their brand clout and the fact that they have their fanbase by the throats.

If I'm Reebok - the answer is quite obvious. Make a quality product and release colourways that are the opposite of Nike/JBs obnoxiously loud, poorly executed and overpriced product. It's that simple but the clowns at Reebok just don't get it.

Go for the buyer that's not interested in jumping through Nike/JBs hurdles and is interested in a leather based (not plastic) product in colours that can be rocked 365 days a year.

Case in point, that 'Shaqtus' colourway should've been white based with Purple & Orange accents - similar to the 'Orlando' Attaqs. But they overdid it and now they gotta mark it down.

I don't even know who came up with that Christmas colourway - do these jokers not wear test their shoes or see non computer generated images?

I'm not going to lie, the Attaqs are a bulky sneaker and rightfully so as they were made for a 'big' so a lime green, dark green sneaker with some other random colours on it just looks terrible.

Do they really want their brand to be the go-to brand for grass cutting and/or other menial work?

This is correct. People that bought the Orlando colorway are probably all due to buy another pair at this point and they could have sold a white based shaqtus colorway to those people as well as the people that missed out on the Orlando colorway.

I probably would have bought the Orlando's and the next white-based colorway if they had released them as general releases.

The fact that Reebok is either incompetent or the decision makers need to be drug tested really makes me appreciate what a great job Nike has done with their sneakers.

Last edited:
Reebok has zero credibility at this stage. They are churning out retro+ garbage just for the sake of it. Nike/JB can get away with their poorly executed colourways because of their brand clout and the fact that they have their fanbase by the throats.

If I'm Reebok - the answer is quite obvious. Make a quality product and release colourways that are the opposite of Nike/JBs obnoxiously loud, poorly executed and overpriced product. It's that simple but the clowns at Reebok just don't get it.

Go for the buyer that's not interested in jumping through Nike/JBs hurdles and is interested in a leather based (not plastic) product in colours that can be rocked 365 days a year.

Case in point, that 'Shaqtus' colourway should've been white based with Purple & Orange accents - similar to the 'Orlando' Attaqs. But they overdid it and now they gotta mark it down.

I don't even know who came up with that Christmas colourway - do these jokers not wear test their shoes or see non computer generated images?

I'm not going to lie, the Attaqs are a bulky sneaker and rightfully so as they were made for a 'big' so a lime green, dark green sneaker with some other random colours on it just looks terrible.

Do they really want their brand to be the go-to brand for grass cutting and/or other menial work?

Reebok is lost as a brand

Look at the Q96 and updated Omni Pump

What good they did with the OG colorway Kamikaze and Shaq Attack's, quickly went away. The gimmicks are unnecessary.

Last edited:
^^^
Thank you both. Look at that Laker colourway posted above - was it necessary to make it Purple suede? Again White with Purple/Yellow would've done a far more effective job.

took a quick snap shot of these up coming attaqs from shaqs instagram vid..

any pic updates on this new blue upcoming cw, would love to see some more clear and detailed pics

also i hope that they will release a whole new Orlando Magic based cw

with real royal blue and some 3M accents that would be sick though imo
pimp.gif

Last edited:
yeah looks like a LSU colorway, actually not bad and might pick it up.

still waiting for a GITD shaq attack to just destroy the line for good though
roll.gif

shaq is a dumb *** if he really wont allow them to make a laker colorway for his shaq shoes.

Well dude never seemed like he was the sharpest tool in the shed. Probably not far off from the character he played in Blue Chips (i.e. combine SAT score below 600).

If Shaq won't allow a true Laker inspired colorway to drop that let's me know he's still salty with the franchise. And I say this because it was stated that Shaq had a big hand in the inspiration behind the colorways releasing.

no wonder they suck, the dude shouldnt be picking any colorways and whats he care? reebok is sending him a big check anyways so let the poeple who do this for a living make some decisions not the puppet behind the shoe

I don't know about calling Shaq dumb. It baffles me though, why he left Reebok in the first place to make a more affordable shoe for kids? He could have easily had Reebok make a non sig shoe carrying his name. He had a decent line with them. Taking his brand to Payless/Kmart cheapened his image in the end. The dunkman would have more leverage in the sneaker community if it wasn't for that move

Last edited:
Im pretty sure shaq was one of if not the first examples of the term "big men dont sell shoes"

I'd say so.

Still waiting on my black pair to arrive, but I'm excited after all of the positive feedback I've heard.

Some of these retro plus colorways I would just never ever wear. The color blocking is just awful.

As vood99 said, they should use simple color schemes for these. I'm the prime person who doesn't buy much from JB anymore because I don't have time for the BS, and Reebok could sell me a few pairs a year just by toning it down.

On the same boat here, Taxi's will be my last J's for this year and calling it. Next year sticking to Reebok almost exclusively, there are so many models dropping. 

Last edited:
Whatever the case. They are trying too hard to catch the eye than sooth it. I like the Attaqs and Nosis. But I became of fan of Reebok because of the Blacktops. Seen those shoes in elementary and thought they were sneakers with black soles LOL. Can't wait for next year too. They can go crazy on those colorways. I might buy every color. As for the Attaqs....I'll cop the blue chips and the Suns on discount. Will be it for me on these

Apparently they are, look at Nike/JB/Adidas. Fuse, VacTech, Nit and what not, they sale. Btw, the PumpSpective looks like a solid performer, I want to see a review on it. 

Alot of it was timing when Nike dropped the synthetic and seamless construction shoes. The CDPs just rolled out in '08 and 'sneakerheads' started taking notice in '09 when Nike started going plastic only for their products. The plastics are OK in moderation but they are running it on damn near all their product as it is dirt cheap to manufacture.

If Nike dropped the Fuse, Flywire crap about a few years prior to the '09 launch the general public would've shunned it for being 'cheap' (not in price unfortunately).

Last edited:
Said it before say it again ...

Kamikazes, attaqs, shaqnosis, & gloves should have only been released in OG colorways n left alone.

Via SBD

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom