@@@ REEBOK @@@ SHAQ ATTACKS @@@

They did this all backwards they made the OG Shaq Attaq limited and the new colorways were not. It should have been the other way around. The same happen with the Kamikaze 2 OG ''Sonics'' colorway. From their part it was a dumb move to pull, both of these kicks in their OG colorways are historical cause the players actually played in these colorways they did not wear the new ones they made. I'm not saying that i don't like some new colorways they did cause i do but there's nothing like having a real piece of history on your feet. You only could get that feeling with the actual OG colorways.
Totally agree.  They did this with the Questions as well as I saw all the different colors I didn't want in plentiful supply but had to search far and wide for the white and blue ones.  Then by chance stopped in a Reebok outlet  months later and grabbed a pair for myself and my wife for $80 total.  These were something I gladly would have paid retail for.  It doesn't help that when I went asking around in foot lockers for these shoes I had a young girl ask me and I quote "is that a new type of Jordan or something?"  Jordan retros survived mainly because when they first started doing it people were being frauds acting like they paid OG prices flossing.  Now it's so crazy over there you have to pay sometimes double or triple retail to pick up something.  Just having a hard to get release gives you credit with the Hypebeasts.  Reebok is really in need of a marquee player to sign with them that they can give a great designed pair of kicks to rebuild and reintroduce the Reebok name.  They went the music route with Ross and Swizz and while it helped use that momentum to pull some ballers.  I myself only knew that Shaqs retro'd because I saw Gerald Green rocking them.  It made me interested in doing to research to see when they were going to drop.

Totally agree.  They did this with the Questions as well as I saw all the different colors I didn't want in plentiful supply but had to search far and wide for the white and blue ones.  Then by chance stopped in a Reebok outlet  months later and grabbed a pair for myself and my wife for $80 total.  These were something I gladly would have paid retail for.  It doesn't help that when I went asking around in foot lockers for these shoes I had a young girl ask me and I quote "is that a new type of Jordan or something?"  Jordan retros survived mainly because when they first started doing it people were being frauds acting like they paid OG prices flossing.  Now it's so crazy over there you have to pay sometimes double or triple retail to pick up something.  Just having a hard to get release gives you credit with the Hypebeasts.  Reebok is really in need of a marquee player to sign with them that they can give a great designed pair of kicks to rebuild and reintroduce the Reebok name.  They went the music route with Ross and Swizz and while it helped use that momentum to pull some ballers.  I myself only knew that Shaqs retro'd because I saw Gerald Green rocking them.  It made me interested in doing to research to see when they were going to drop.
I couldn't agree with you more.  I feel like Reebok has kind of moved away from signing Basketball players and focused more on crossfit and the hip hop/music route.  I don't really follow the NBA anymore, but I don't think Reebok has a big name player signed to them.   If they were to sign someone and focus on bringing a good balling sneaker they could really revitalize the company.  At one point they were innovators with their pump technology. They def could do it again.

This is not about a Shaq Attaq sneaker but another great Reebok sneaker silhouette. If you do remember Dennis Rodman used to lace himself up in some Reebok sneakers. Well there was that time when he played for the San Antonio Spurs and he wore the Reebok Pump Vertical in the White, Black and Grey colorway. How i wish they would retro those. I doubt it that they will, but a real sneakerhead can dream, right?. Here i leave some pics of Dennis Rodman wearing the Reebok Pump Vertical in the White, Black and Grey colorway.

I hope Reebok don't stop with their retros even dough I wasn't able to cop the Shaq Attaq OG colorway or the Kamikaze 2 OG ''Sonics'' colorway. But I did get the Shaqnosis and other retro models. I do like other sneaker brands but there's nothing like Reebok. If you was to get all of Reebok Classic sneakers and put them up against any Jordan sneaker in my opinion a lot of Reebok sneakers are better than Jordans and this is coming from somebody who likes Jordan sneakers but this is how I feel about the matter of who's better. I know a lot of people wont agree with me but that's fine cause I'm just keeping it real. I also know that if one of these so called Jordan heads would hear me say this they would say I'm crazy and that Jordan sells more and how Jordan got more paper(money) blah, blah, blah. Yeah Jordan sells more because we have a combination of the real people who really love Jordans with the combination of hypebeast, imposters etc. and let me tell you there's a lot of these folks in the sneaker community there like a Chameleon just trying to blend in. You aint fooling me and this is the reason why Jordan sells more of course it may seem like Jordan could beat Reebok but if this was back in the days I doubt it that things would be looking like this. Back in the days people bought something cause they liked it, now is not like that at least for Reebok it still is but I can't say the same thing for Nike and Jordan. This reminds me of Hip-Hop now in days nobody really cares for a real lyrical rapper or song now what everybody cares about is if the rapper has a lot of money that for them is more valuable and because of that reason those rappers could beat anybody. They are really messed up and don't know jack cause an underground rapper who doesn't have all the money could lyrically destroy them but do you think if an underground rapper was to call out one of these kids new favorite rapper would they even try to battle. I don't think so cause they know what would be the outcome. People are brainwashed and think because something that has more money has more value, but why is it that if Jordan has more money people be complaining about their product and Reebok who are now one of the Underdogs make a better quality sneaker. Remember ''All that glitters is not gold''.

Unfortunately I don't think any of the Verticals will find their way to the retro production, my personal favorite ATR line. I have a pretty good article on the site way back about the Vertical line btw. 

Unfortunately I don't think any of the Verticals will find their way to the retro production,
go spam some tweets to the twitter from swizzbeats, maybe it will help, you will never know if you dont try it
wink.gif

Last edited:
Went to hoh this past weekend and the wall where they had all their reeboks is gone....I couldn't find any in the store.

I think Reebok Classics can thrive with 'online-only' type availability. What's the point of sending inventory to physical stores when they (the stores) won't even display or promote the shoes. I'm sure that the stores charge extra for displaying product up front and in Reebok's case having the shoes in glass cases right at the front of the store won't help.

Go online-only along with boutiques, eliminate the usless middlemen (FTL, Champs, etc...) and start sending out samples - it ain't rocket science. Li Ning and some of the smaller guys seem to be doing OK with this strategy.

Yeah, but you are forgetting Li-Ning have a massive business outside US, in China in particular so having stuff sold in NA is just a novelty for now, till they decide to really push hard. But I agree with all the rest. 

Yeah, but you are forgetting Li-Ning have a massive business outside US, in China in particular so having stuff sold in NA is just a novelty for now, till they decide to really push hard. But I agree with all the rest. 

Truth...plus having D Wade as YOUR guy helps push your, or in this case, his brand. Regardless of how you feel about him...he's still an upfront NBA star. Exactly what Reebok needs.

I just read a Forbes article that said no surprise here that Nike/JB had 92% of the US market share in basketball, while Adidas had 5.5%, Reebok was at 1.4% and UA was at 0.7%

That's so crazy how Nike has become almost a monopoly in the NBA.

Nike is really a monopoly in the sports brands world. It's like if Apple bought out LG, Motorola, Nokia, and Nexus. Leaving only Samsung and Sony to compete. It would forcibly pressure consumers to buy their products. The people especially, who do not like Apple would be left with little choice. That how it feels with this Nike/JB world we live in. The only hope I have for a change, is if JB felt that they could be bigger without Nike and split. That would shake the sneaker world up a bit. It won't really change people's preference for rocking J's though. Times have really changed since the 90's and early 2k's. EVERYBODY likes sneakers now and more than likely Jordans are the choice. Whether they're hipsters, rockers, skateboarders, athletes, nerds, *** wipers....they ALL LOVE Jordans!! CRAZY!! As for Reebok....they will stay around with Adidas. Adidas will continue to make use of the investment. As has been stated, they do need better marketing.

Last edited:
I think soon there will be a change, maybe not that big but a change, with the new prices, a lot of people will quick on the J's, including myself. 

I think soon there will be a change, maybe not that big but a change, with the new prices, a lot of people will quick on the J's, including myself. 
I agree. There will be a drop off of people buying J's. I see retail going to $300 in a few years. That will discourage quite a few from monthly purchases. Also.... People will start running out of space for their collections. They will have no choice but to cut back or spend more money for extra room.

No way J's will go up to $300 retail.  They would never survive.  Lebron tries that with the elites and almost all of them end up as outlet store fodder.  $180-$200 maxes out any shoe purchase unless it's a extremely limited release that is a must have because of the nostalgic value.  As far as Reebok I think they missed the boat with NBA players like Stephen Curry going to Under Armour. He would have been perfect as he is a NBA star but not on the level of say a Lebron or Durant that would demand max money.  Target those mid tier players that have potential but haven't evolved as full fledge stars yet.  Isiah Thomas seems to be already on board as he's been rocking Kamikazes.  Get in the lab and get him a really high end shoe.

Well just a few years a go nobody thought that they will reach $200 and over, but look what is happening now, so few more and $300 is pretty close. I personally can't care less, I am done with J's, anything over $170 is just unreasonable. 

Me too...I've actually been considering selling off my J's collection. I just lost so much love for Nike/JB. I had been slowly getting tired of them and the last straw was what happened to me when the gamma 11's came out. I was able to cop from the Nike site and when I received the shoes there was a major defect with them. I call Nike to see what they could do and their response was to send them back and give me a 15% coupon. I was so pissed u don't even know.

he is the creative director at reebok

I doubt hes anything but a prop to hit another demograph with retros

I bet If you ask when the bringback coming out he probably would have no idea what you are talking about and would probsbly get offended lol

Remember when ol dude said the white shaq attack was coming out again and it turned out to be either shaqnosis or black shaq attaq :lol:

makeemclap82 makeemclap82
Sold all my J's a few years ago and never looked back. All 50+ pairs have been replaced with mostly Reebok, li Ning, and Converse. Bestt decision you'll make.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom