Remastered Program So Far. What next?

Just hope the mudguard is thick and not easily creased like the 09 12s. When I compared my 97 cherry to my 09 Flu Game, that stood out to me as much as the white leather and padding. Haven’t held recent 12s, so idk if that’s already been fixed. OG 12s screamed sturdy to me.

The 2016 blk red is a pretty good retro. I felt it was much better than the 2003 retro, but not sure how it compares to the 97’, as it’s been quite a few years since I had a pair.

OG 12 were definitely durable, even the 2004-05 12s were just as durable imo. Haven’t brought a pair in long time cause jb just Dont care anymore.

With Gentry back, who knows what’s next. I’ve heard that he hasn’t changed, and isn’t 100% supportive of how many OGs have dropped. I’m not fear fear mongering, but we know that Gentry being back overseeing retros could impact the future. He likes to “protect the OG mystique”, and is a fan of exclusivity.

I will never forget 2013 when I saw the '88 III's with NA drop. Even though limited, I literally couldn't believe it after a decade of sub par quality and the unsatisfying jumpman in place of NA. An entire era with a lack of attention to detail and quality coming from the brands that brought the most iconic kicks to ever grace a basketball court and the streets.

This is what Gentry stands for to me. I hate his business ethic and ideals. "Protecting the OG mystique" to Gentry means not only scaling every signature Jordan down to its cheapest possible iteration with the confidence that it will sell solely based on its history and demand, but changing its branding from NA to a jumpman, even changing essential design elements of the shoe (IV's netting) just to make it different from the OG because he wants to protect the OG mystique? What horse crap. He just wants to protect his interests because he owns OG Jay's and can make Jay's that are made close to the OG aesthetic for himself, so why would he want the public to have them. In his elitist mind, we were all still buying the cheap retros he pumped out, so why offer the public a highly coveted OG remake when we accepted a bastardized version. We all just accepted it because even though we wanted OGs, it was the closest we could get.

Now with the OG remastered era, we all see what is possible, and I highly doubt us purists will ever accept anything less again.

If it's true that he's coming back with greater control, I just hope we get through this remastered era and get most of the OGs we all want. After that then fine, let Gentry take over again and I'm sure most of us would be done with Jordan Brand. I absolutely know I'd be done.

I sum up the Gentry era with that Jordan brand advertisement from years back where they didn't even realize that a kid in the photoshoot was wearing fake jays.

03 Blk/Red XII's were an amazing retro and it wasnt a stiff *** boot like the 2016 pair. They were a nice retro but geez those things are rock solid.

I’m really counting on a FULL run of 21 retros in two years. If they skip over them like they did my beloved 17s I’ll freaking flip. 21s are some great kicks and until the 33s came out nothing after them came close. Would kill for a retro red suede 21 or the original white/black/red.

But until then I’m still waiting on my 17s JB!!! I had the OG white/royal 17s in like 6th grade. The 17s and 18s mean a lot to some of us younger dudes who really can only remember the Wizards years. Just so dumb they did the stupid 17 plus retro instead.

Glad this remastered era got my back adequate versions of my top 5
D0A1E6E4-0A51-45DD-92A1-1B4AE244C796.jpeg

I’ve eliminated most of the white based models from my list. My wc4 are done already. Black ogs only

I think since alot of OG's have been dropped I fully expect to start seeing retro+ J's with NA branding in the near future. Hopefully starting with these:
phjppoozcwstpron8ecf (1).jpg

Edit: or these
unreleased-air-jordan-samples-air-jordan-v-3.jpg
unreleased-air-jordan-samples-air-jordan-v-8.jpg
obviously with NA branding.

Air jordan II KO
jordan_ko.jpg

And these for sure
jordan_i_sales_sample_1.jpg

jordan_i_sales_sample_2.jpg

Maybe a different CW though

Last edited:
I think since alot of OG's have been dropped I fully expect to start seeing retro+ J's with NA branding in the near future. Hopefully starting with these:
phjppoozcwstpron8ecf (1).jpg

They can start by cutting the materials like that.

Glad this remastered era got my back adequate versions of my top 5
D0A1E6E4-0A51-45DD-92A1-1B4AE244C796.jpeg

I have all of these (will have Infrareds soon). My VIII's are from 07 and my VII's are from 2011.. I think the remastered VIII's are way better but I always felt the VII's were fine; especially with the grey midsole. I'm not into VIII's anymore though.

I wonder how Gentry feels about 1s gaining more hype than any other model after he left. I wonder what the future of 1s is with him back. I’m sure 1 high OG isn’t going anywhere. But I wouldn’t be surprised if they were fewer and far between like how they used to be over a decade ago

When the whole remaster thing started I was under the impression that all OG colorways were going to be true to form and 200 plus and everything else would be cheaper price wise and lack Nike branding. It kind of seems like they forgot about that whole marketing scheme after like a year. Either way at this point if something that I got a previous retro comes out depending on the condition/model I'll sell the old one for cheap and buy the newer iteration or just skip it all together till the next go round. Can we get these please
B0AJlLTCUAE6AZv.jpg

Matt Powell on Twitter revealed the Top Selling sneakers of 2018. The only Jordan on the list was the 11(not sure if lows were included but that’s still impressive). Shocking the 1 or 3 wasn’t on there. The Yeezy 350 sold more than the 3, 1, and 10. Apparently Jordan sales were down again in FY 2018. Shocking, since I figured the amount of nice 3s, the OG 13s, and a few others would boost them over 2017. They might have cut production last year idk.

It’s facinating that the 2016 and 2015 sales were so much better than 2017 and 2018. I’m surprised because 2015 had its majority of GRs sit. Then again, I saw an article that said the Aqua 8 sold over 500k unite in Holiday 2015, which probably means they made much more than that, but it still sold units.

Hopefully someone can give a specific breakdown of Jordan sales, because I expected 2018 sales to go up way more than 2017.

Last edited:
Matt Powell on Twitter revealed the Top Selling sneakers of 2018. The only Jordan on the list was the 11(not sure if lows were included but that’s still impressive). Shocking the 1 or 3 wasn’t on there. The Yeezy 350 sold more than the 3, 1, and 10. Apparently Jordan sales were down again in FY 2018. Shocking, since I figured the amount of nice 3s, the OG 13s, and a few others would boost them over 2017. They might have cut production last year idk.

It’s facinating that the 2016 and 2015 sales were so much better than 2017 and 2018. I’m surprised because 2015 had its majority of GRs sit. Then again, I saw an article that said the Aqua 8 sold over 500k unite in Holiday 2015, which probably means they made much more than that, but it still sold units.

Hopefully someone can give a specific breakdown of Jordan sales, because I expected 2018 sales to go up way more than 2017.
Didnt they cut stock along with removing themselves from a bunch of stores?

Back
Top Bottom