Rememba?

This freestyle always made me feel some type of way...I never understood how rap could be your profession, but as a rapper u have the audacity to come to New York of all places and not have some bars for flex.
What do u do when your on the tour bus?..the plane?...your free time?...I never got it.
Discuss.... I'm opening up the floor for dialogue...I wanna hear your thoughts

Last edited:
I will NEVER understand the love you guys give Drake. He really seems like a C level actor who was told to play a rapper. He has the swag, aura, charisma of a wet paper bag. How he has been able to last this long truly baffles me. I imagine if Tom from the Boondocks would start rapping he'd be Drake.

An don't say because he got bars...because he doesn't.

*Goes back to bumpin Chinx*

Last edited:
I will NEVER understand the love you guys give Drake. He really seems like a C level actor who was told to play a rapper. He has the swag, aura, charisma of a wet paper bag. How he has been able to last this long truly baffles me. I imagine if Tom from the Boondocks would start rapping he'd be Drake.

An don't say because he got bars...because he doesn't.

*Goes back to bumpin Chinx*

He started his rise at a time where people started to care less about checking people, authenticity, etc etc. I mean, Rick Ross was exposed as a cop and it didn't hurt him one bit, so it shouldn't be surprising at all. Just the change in culture/environment surrounding hip hop.I do think it's terribly embarrassing to "freestyle" by reading straight off your phone, but new rap listeners don't really care about that anyway.

Do u guys think the lyrics he's spitting are written by him?...I was always skeptical especially after seeing him do the phone thing more than once...I wouldn't be suprised if all the important members of YM have ghostwriters...except like tyga...I think he comes up wit that pollution himself

When I first saw this I was like "You couldn't at least remember a written verse that you haven't recorded yet? :lol:"

It wasn't that big of a deal though cuz at that time Drake was putting some great verses. Now when he actually does rap his *** sounds lazy.

View media item 933181
Whenever I see a drake interview. Smh. We definitely living in a time where the nobodies in high school rule the land in a way.

Drake rapped about his skin being tan and his hair long.... Why gawd

He started his rise at a time where people started to care less about checking people, authenticity, etc etc. I mean, Rick Ross was exposed as a cop and it didn't hurt him one bit, so it shouldn't be surprising at all. Just the change in culture/environment surrounding hip hop.I do think it's terribly embarrassing to "freestyle" by reading straight off your phone, but new rap listeners don't really care about that anyway.
word if 50 would have exposed him back in 03 I don't think his career would have flourished but now he's the hottest dude out

word if 50 would have exposed him back in 03 I don't think his career would have flourished but now he's the hottest dude out

50 wouldn't have bc interscope took his getting shot 9 times and ran with it. They used that gangsta image to their benefit.

so yeah 50 being exposed woulda hurt but drake been a regular guy from the suburbs who acted. Can't really expose a dude who raps about goin thru chicks phones when she leaves the room. He does it to himself

I don't like 50...but he def would've ethered drake back in 03... Because drakes lane wasn't completely carved out for him yet...sure u had ja rule...but Kanye symbolized the new wave about to come...and 50 was the last to really capitalize off the gangsta rap era

Last edited:
I don't like 50...but he def would've ethered drake back in 03... Because drakes lane wasn't completely carved out for him yet...sure u had ja rule...but Kanye symbolized the new wave about to come...and 50 was the last to really capitalize off the gangsta rap era

Yeah in 03 there wasn't any room for that soft **** drake spits. It wasn't until 808s and cudi to a lesser extent that gave birth to the emotional rappers in their feelings.

He def stepped his bars up.... But he hasn't been put on the spot like that since early in his career... staying in the studio for as long as u need to complete a song is different from being in a competitive rap atmosphere... I would like to see him do one of those bet ciphers at the awards..... But i doubt that's happening

Yeah in 03 there wasn't any room for that soft **** drake spits. It wasn't until 808s and cudi to a lesser extent that gave birth to the emotional rappers in their feelings.
I think Drake is versatile enough to give you an album full of these if that's what sold the most

I'm pretty sure he could as well...but being in a studio for as long as u want with unlimited drugs in solitude is different then free styling on the radio....I'm jus wondering when that competitive fire left the game... I couldn't live with myself going on the radio and pullin out the phone... Coming from Ny I would expect to look like a clown with little to no respect... Cus it looks like I don't REALLY DO THIS...like I don't get busy...u feel where I'm coming from?

I think Drake is versatile enough to give you an album full of these if that's what sold the most

I think drake can afford (musically) to take the BIG route on albums. Pop singles and 5 AM type songs all thru a album.

He 3 albums in.. No classics. Nowhere close. Imo. He's nice tho but he hasn't gave us that for a whole album

But rappers that "Freestyle" nowadays are just spitting written verses anyway...and it's too noticeable...

The only dudes that probably REALLY go off the top are battle rappers but there is no market for that.

I'm pretty sure he could as well...but being in a studio for as long as u want with unlimited drugs in solitude is different then free styling on the radio....I'm jus wondering when that competitive fire left the game... I couldn't live with myself going on the radio and pullin out the phone... Coming from Ny I would expect to look like a clown with little to no respect... Cus it looks like I don't REALLY DO THIS...like I don't get busy...u feel where I'm coming from?

You make a great point but these young fans that worship him don't care about that. They think that "Migos flow" he be using is nice.

I'm not even askin him to go off top... Jus memorize your bars... Your a professional rapper....what what u think if hov pulled out his phone? Drakes SUPPOSED to be that guy now.... I jus don't feel like he it tho...something's not right

Well Drake and J. Cole both took off around the same time...and J. Cole became the B-artist QUICK. Drake was in that category with Cudi, Wale, Big Sean, he exceeded all of them...He was placed in Young Money but doesn't mess with any of those weirdos (with reason) outside of Wayne. Jay and Drake hadn't even met and Jay put him on BP3, then turns around and brings him out on stage probably the first time they met for Drake to perform 'Successful'. He's only gotten better since he first came out too. I watched one of his first TML concerts and it was horrible lol, he was like, acting his performance, now he puts on a decent show. I can only see him getting better, the way he's been going.

When I first saw this I was like "You couldn't at least remember a written verse that you haven't recorded yet?
laugh.gif
"

It wasn't that big of a deal though cuz at that time Drake was putting some great verses. Now when he actually does rap his *** sounds lazy.
I say opposite, I always thought he was SUPER average back then, and now he's got a dope rhymes.

But yeah you can't come to NY reading off a sidekick

Back
Top Bottom