Remember when commercial R&B was good??? (The 90's Era)

I don't buy that R&B is all "one dimensional" and about love.

-I believe I can fly- R. Kelly
-Too Close - Next
-On and On - Erykah Badu

Those are all GREAT R&B songs that range heavily in subject matter.

R&B is one of the most diverse genres imo. That's actually why we praise R-Kelly so much. He's extremely versatile in one genre

Jodeci :pimp:

R Kelly :pimp:

Sade :pimp:

Babyface :pimp:

There are exceptions to every rule. Drake falls under the exceptions. That can't keep being the counter argument that's leaned on.

When _'s talk about rappers being soft Drake is usually the #1 name to come up tho :rofl:  

The irony is too great to NOT bring up every time bruh

*hates soft music*

*stans one of the softest rapper in the game*

:lol: :smh:

That _ a weirdo man. I'm sorry. He hates R&B but loves the softest, corniest singer/rapper in music. :lol:

Why the hell would you even come in a thread about a genre of music you don't like? Always sounding like a sheltered geek.
Word o actually say that myself. Rolling into threads for stuff you don't like is silly. Idk why I did. Taking my L on this one.

It's just straight to the point now, all about sex, how good somebody's gonna hit it and who all they're gonna do it to. No creativity, no genuineness , just raunch.

Also T-Pain help ruin R&B, you don't even actually have to be able to sing to be put on now.

Bruh, I was so mad that this song got the meme treatment a few years back

But what I distinctly remember about R&B in the 90's was that shimmering, glittery, windchime-y effect in the back ground. It kinda sounded like this:

If your song had that it was a guaranteed banger
pimp.gif

Bruh, I was so mad that this song got the meme treatment a few years back

But what I distinctly remember about R&B in the 90's was that shimmering, glittery, windchime-y effect in the back ground. It kinda sounded like this:

If your song had that it was a guaranteed banger:pimp:

Lmao not an R&B song but first song that came to mind was Jay-Z "can I get a"

Back
Top Bottom