Remy Ma-shETHER***Nicki Minaj diss***

Already knew you were going to post the Charlemagne video :lol:. ***** has beat that topic to death.

He's a known contrarian.

This topic will always beat to death due to the fact that is was two legends and two of the greatest in rap history going at it :smokin

Nas still lost though

Yea Jay was so rocked by it that his album the next year went double, that **** had no impact on his career.

It was only impactful because nas fell off with nastradaumus and we was forgetting he emcee (I gave you life when people were forgetting you emcee). He came out of nowhere and attacked the throne.

Lyric for lyric, bar for bar. Both the blueprint and Takeover > ether

SIT UR *** DOWN!

Yea Jay was so rocked by it that his album the next year went double, that **** had no impact on his career.

It was only impactful because nas fell off with nastradaumus and we was forgetting he emcee (I gave you life when people were forgetting you emcee). He came out of nowhere and attacked the throne.

When all else fails, album sales. That's standard stan behavior b

You been stanning too long to resort to rookie tactics. 

Ether had NO impact. You are what we call a Stan. Not a logical objective fan. Your ridiculous.

When all else fails, album sales. That's standard stan behavior b
You been stanning too long to resort to rookie tactics. 

But we've been discussing lyrics and qoutables for many pages already. This is the one line you decided to quote ? :lol:

Do you read post or do you just skim through em

Last edited:
I think a lot of the backlash against Ether stems from how much hype that song created. When something gets really popular, lots of people want to go against it.

Blueprint 2 was a dope song but that came out months after the battle was pretty much over. Jay sounded really salty on that song. I think "Last Real ***** Alive" was the better wrap-up track. Nas sounded like the winner on that song while Jay sounded like a sore loser on BP2.

Last edited:
Nicki circa 2017 is NOT Jay circa '00-'01. The only thing that Remy stated that wasn't involving who Nicki slept with or how fake she is was her brother who had the situation with the little girl. Something that Nicki had no control over. Nas came at Jay's whole street reputation. What is Nicki's reputation? Being sexy and having dudes lust over her? Shorty has the word ménage in her name, are we surprised she gets ******?

This is how I feel.

As far as being underwhelmed, maybe I had unfair expectations, maybe it was the flow idk. She went in and I don't see Nicki topping this but from all the **** I saw I was expecting more I guess.

Last edited:
I'm very objective, I talk bad about a lot of jays music, that appears to go unseen

In terms of ether is absolutely had an impact on the rap world, didn't put a singular dent in Jay/Roc tho... after Blueprint they basically reached there zenith.

but to say it had no impact is crazy. But what i'm not gonna do is rewrite history and act as if Ether had Hov on the ropes by any means. All that did was add more fuel to the roc's fire

I think a lot of the backlash against Ether stems from how much hype that song created. When something gets really popular, lots of people want to go against it.

Blueprint 2 was a dope song but that came out months after the battle was pretty much over. Jay sounded really salty on that song. I think "Last Real ***** Alive" was the better wrap-up track. Nas sounded like the winner on that song while Jay sounded like a sore loser on BP2.

IDK what part of that songs sounds like being a "sore loser" if anything that was the hardest track of the beef. Jay sat back took the small amount of backlash he received from the battle wiped it off & politely asked Nas to look at the scoreboard.

"I Gave you life when ****** was forgetting you Emcee" >>>>>>> because it's pure fact word to the second verse of Ether.

"I've been ****** over, left for dead, dissed and forgotten
Luck ran out, they hoped that I'd be gone, stiff and rotten
Y'all just piss on me, **** on me, spit on my grave"

I have never, no matter what the argument, have seen a Takeover fan convince an Ether fan and vice versa that the other song was better after all. I just like seeing and listening to the banter between fans of hip hop. But in this one there is no debate, Remy got in that ***. Nick would have to go the FBI or her cell mate to get enough dirt to come back from this.

And I disagree with anyone who says this will be forgotten, it wont, some rapper will reference it in a song, someone will ask her about it in an interview, it wont go away.

I laugh every time I see someone try to downplay the original Ether. Jay said himself that he felt like he got punched in the stomach when he first heard it.

Guess that's not enough for some folks though :lol:
All of these postgame, after the fact, post-mortem hot takes about ether are comical :lol:

The back & forth between them was basically over after that record. Jay was hurt on the radio, responded, & nobody cared. It was over. That's it.

All this "well takeover was a better song" "ether was just a buncha middle school jokes" is just background noise

All of these postgame, after the fact, post-mortem hot takes about ether are comical :lol:

The back & forth between them was basically over after that record. Jay was hurt on the radio, responded, & nobody cared. It was over. That's it.

All this "well takeover was a better song" "ether was just a buncha middle school jokes" is just background noise

Why do some of you act like it wasn't a debate then and isn't now

How old were you when the battle happen?

I will admit Ether did do this one thing then I'll leave it alone

Ether had people thinking that em murdered Jay on renegade when he didn't. Both came correct.

Though people continue to forget that Em's verse was done for months and Jay just replaced Royce's verse

IDK what part of that songs sounds like being a "sore loser" if anything that was the hardest track of the beef. Jay sat back took the small amount of backlash he received from the battle wiped it off & politely asked Nas to look at the scoreboard.

"I Gave you life when ****** was forgetting you Emcee" >>>>>>> because it's pure fact word to the second verse of Ether.

"I've been ****** over, left for dead, dissed and forgotten
Luck ran out, they hoped that I'd be gone, stiff and rotten
Y'all just piss on me, **** on me, spit on my grave"

Small amount of backlash? LOL

In terms of ether is absolutely had an impact on the rap world, didn't put a singular dent in Jay/Roc tho... after Blueprint they basically reached there zenith. Gotta understand Nas vs The Roc made them bleed.. If he had been on some game vs g-unot campaign Roca fella would've really took in the damage cause besides the black album what other project was killing after Nas diss(not including kanye) if Nas couldve sign a worth rhyme partner(not Bravehearts, millennium thug or Horse either) jay/the roc would waved white flag a long time ago

Last edited:
Small amount of backlash? LOL

Yea unless your gonna tell me that after the battle people weren't ******* with jay or were looking at him funny. Ain't a ***** alive stop bumping the blueprint because of Ether, it ain't stop him from being one of the hottest rappers in mainstream & the streets. Even the people who think Jay lost, 80% are gonna say they still ****** with Rocafella regardless & any research about that time period will say just that.

In terms of ether is absolutely had an impact on the rap world, didn't put a singular dent in Jay/Roc tho... after Blueprint they basically reached there zenith. Gotta understand Nas vs The Roc made them bleed.. If he had been on some game vs g-unot campaign Roca fella would've really took in the damage cause besides the black album what other project was killing after Nas diss(not including kanye) if Nas couldve sign a worth rhyme partner(not Bravehearts, millennium thug or Horse either) jay/the roc would waved white flag a long time ago

:rofl:

Breh After Ether You literally have Sigel & Bleek, 2 State prop albums, The young gunz, All of the diplomats, & how do you exclude Kanye. That's just from rap alone, not to mention the movies, clothes, production style etc etc Rocafella got stronger after Ether & that really isn't debatable. AT NO POINT did jay star get weakened through that whole period. You could say he lost the battle, but Jay was about as big as he's ever been up to that point after Ether.

Last edited:
So with the mention of success after Ether for Jay and considering Nicki is more pop than hip hop at this point, what does she have to gain from responding and taking the risk of losing?

Reminds me a lot of Wayne, who was good to ignore the majority of dudes comin' at him. Like he never really went back and forth with Push no matter how many times he threw shots

You people kill me. Rap battles aren't always about ending careers. If Jay didn't lose because he was still successful after "Ether", then what does that say about Nas, whose career was reinvigorated because of it? Sometimes, it's just about the songs themselves.

Inb4 "Jay won because he signed Nas to Def Jam"
roll.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom