Report: Manny, Ortiz tested positive in '03

roll.gif

Nomar was just on ESPN sayin he knows people who tested positive on purpose just to get above 5% so that thetesting is implemented

laugh.gif

Is he serious?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

^ you know nomar on that list, lol
david ortiz finna forget how to speak english word to sammy sosa

smh.gif
@ this guy Nomar....

Honestly....is there any star, or "fringe" star player in the MLB within the past 5-10 years from the DR that people DON'T suspect used anything?

*I'll wait for names...

nomar%2Bsi
nomar-garciaparra.jpg

Yeah Nomar, to "save the game"
laugh.gif

Jose Consceaco says 80-95% of the players were on something I'm rolling with him.

Jose Consceaco says 80-95% of the players were on something I'm rolling with him.

Yup....and didn't he mention that a CURRENT HOF'er definitely roided up? My gut tells me it's Rickey
smh.gif

May 12, 2009:

"Do you know how many times I've been drug-tested since 2004? About 20," Ortiz told me that day. "You've got the biggest guys in the game getting caught with this stuff, and that's why they don't think you can have mechanical problems or you can not have your mind in the wrong place or have injuries. It's all steroids. That's why I don't talk about it. When I get turned around, people are going to say, 'Oh, he's back on it.'
"I said it a long time ago. I said if you want to get this stuff out of the game, don't do random tests -- test every player. Don't come in once and test two or three guys. Test everybody, in season and out of season. And if you still use and you get caught, then you should be suspended for the whole year. I said that a long time ago, and nobody listened.

"I'm going to do my thing. I'm going to keep working out, stay on my program, and if I don't get out of it, I'm done. God will be telling me that I'm done."

"I know what it is for my son to have Big Papi as a father," he told me that day. "There are a lot of people who do great things for him because he's my son. His life is going to be easier because he's the son of Big Papi.

"And that is the biggest reason why I have never used steroids. Because then he would have to go to school and have to listen to all the kids say that his dad is dirty, a cheater, and everything for him would be taken away from him and he would be ruined. I make sure I don't do those things, for him."

laugh.gif
grin.gif
nono.gif

Originally Posted by RyGuy45

May 12, 2009:

"Do you know how many times I've been drug-tested since 2004? About 20," Ortiz told me that day. "You've got the biggest guys in the game getting caught with this stuff, and that's why they don't think you can have mechanical problems or you can not have your mind in the wrong place or have injuries. It's all steroids. That's why I don't talk about it. When I get turned around, people are going to say, 'Oh, he's back on it.'
"I said it a long time ago. I said if you want to get this stuff out of the game, don't do random tests -- test every player. Don't come in once and test two or three guys. Test everybody, in season and out of season. And if you still use and you get caught, then you should be suspended for the whole year. I said that a long time ago, and nobody listened.

"I'm going to do my thing. I'm going to keep working out, stay on my program, and if I don't get out of it, I'm done. God will be telling me that I'm done."

"I know what it is for my son to have Big Papi as a father," he told me that day. "There are a lot of people who do great things for him because he's my son. His life is going to be easier because he's the son of Big Papi.

"And that is the biggest reason why I have never used steroids. Because then he would have to go to school and have to listen to all the kids say that his dad is dirty, a cheater, and everything for him would be taken away from him and he would be ruined. I make sure I don't do those things, for him."

tired.gif

I believe him.

Originally Posted by NICEFITDOMINICAN

I could care less. Cheating has been happening in baseball from the beginning. Funny how the steroid guys saved baseball & know their thrown under the bus.

damn
2 for 1.

Originally Posted by RyGuy45

May 12, 2009:

I dont know if its just cuz I like the guy. But I am getting the feeling like maybe the trainers gave him some stuff and told him it was good andnot banned. Obviously he should be somewhat at fault since it is his body, but if what Arroyo said last night/this morning then it is prolly a case of it wasntbanned yet but still threw a positive and it is banned now.

The guy isnt backing down from his statements and I gotta respect the fact that he is going to go do some research and find out what he tested for and figureit out from there. We'll see, but even still if like Canseco said and 80-95% of the league was juicing then it really wasnt giving anyone an advantage.

But hey Ive stayed out of this arguement since its my team being put out on the street. And my opinion on the steroid issue is that it doesnt really matteranymore what happened in 03. But its going to come off as I only dont care because its my team even tho I said the same thing when Arod got called out on it.So it is what it is, and ill wait till we get all the facts and he makes his final statement on the issue and hen we can get back to our regularly schecualedprogram, until a new name comes out the last week of the season to start the arguement up again right before the playoffs.

[h1]Report: Arroyo says he may have tested positive in 2003[/h1]
[h4]By Sports Network[/h4] [h4]The Sports Network[/h4]

[h6]More News[/h6]

Cincinnati Reds pitcher Bronson Arroyo reportedly said he would not be surprised if he was on the 2003 list of 104 positive steroid tests, adding to a report Thursday that said that David Ortiz and Manny Ramirez both tested positive.

According to a report in the Boston Herald, Arroyo said that he took androstenedione, which was taken by former slugger Mark McGwire during his 70- homer season in 1998. He added that the nutrient may have been laced with steroids, such as Winstrol, which would cause a positive test.

Andro, as it is more commonly called, was banned in the 2004 season. Arroyo also reportedly admitted to using amphetamines, which were banned in 2006.

Arroyo added that when he stopped taking andro and amphetamines, he experienced no dropoff in performance, only a change in his ability to recover between starts.

Arroyo pitched with the Red Sox from 2003-05, and Ortiz and Ramirez, both members of the team during those years, were both reportedly on that famed 2003 list of steroid users.

This past May, Ramirez was suspended for 50 games under baseball's drug policy for a positive test. Ortiz has said that he would get more information about his reported positive test. All three players helped lead Boston to a World Series victory in 2004, and Ortiz and Ramirez won another title with the Red Sox in 2007.

Testing was conducted in 2003 as part of a joint agreement between Major League Baseball and the Players' Association to determine whether it was necessary to institute mandatory random drug testing for the 2004 season. No penalties were levied for tests that came back positive in 2003.

Those results, however, were supposed to remain anonymous. "The List," as it has come to be known, was never destroyed, and federal agents eventually seized it in their investigation of the distribution of performance-enhancing substances. The union and the government have been in litigation over the list.

After more than five percent of MLB's 1,198 players surveyed in 2003 tested positive, a mandatory random-testing program was instituted and penalties were enforced, beginning the following year.
[h5]Posted on Fri, Jul. 31, 2009 10:12 AM[/h5]
BronsonArroyoRedSox.sized.jpg

laugh.gif

Ok, say there are many players in the NFL takin somethin, how come there are only a few caught? I know there are ways to mask and all that, but im sure they(the testers) are aware as well. Not everyone is gonna be one step ahead of the testers all the time.

Originally Posted by 2wenty thre3

smh.gif
x
laugh.gif
at Nomar getting his excuse ready... Ol' "I just did it to save the game"
laugh.gif

roll.gif

And
roll.gif
@Bronson Arroyo coming out. I'm expecting more players to just admit to it,instead of waiting for their name to leak.

And
laugh.gif
@The New YorkTimes outing two of the biggest Red Sox of our generation.
roll.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

[h1]Reality bites now that David Ortiz has been named as steroid user[/h1]
By Jeff Pearlman

This bites.

In what all parties -- major league officials and players, the media, fans, Trekkies, Angolian monks, Nicole Eggert, my Uncle Marty -- must now acknowledge to be the longest-running, headache-inducing, I-don't-wanna-hear-any-more-about-steroids-or-I'll-move-to-Djibouti-and-become-a-sheep-herder-or-whatever-it-is-one-does-in-Djibouti-to-make-a-decent-living story of all time, yet another superstar ballplayer has turned up on the dirty side of the needle (so to speak).

With one big doozie of a catch. For the first time, the ballplayer turning up dirty is someone we all like.

I'll go one step further. When I see David Ortiz, I want to give him a hug. Not one of those half-hearted mini-hugs, either. I want to wrap my arms around Ortiz's girth and tell the big guy that, hey, I love ya. Keep smilin' and doing what you do!

Try that with Barry Bonds, he spits a wad of tobacco juice in your teeth. Try that with Roger Clemens, he throws a 98-mph heater at your skull. Try that with Eric Gagne, eh, well, who really cares about Eric Gagne?

But Big Papi, well, Big Papi would hug right back. Probably invite me over for dinner with the family. Which is why this bites.

Yes, good readers, for the 500th or so time, a star baseball player has apparently tested positive for a banned substance, thus assuring a nation longing for decency that, for the 500th or so time, the following will happen:

A. The player (in this case, David Ortiz) apologizes for letting down his teammates and fans for something sorta bad that he'd love to explain to you, but that he can't quite explain right now, so he'll just keep talking about how sorry he is to not explain the unexplainable which, he assures you, he can explain.

B. At long last, the player (in this case, David Ortiz) explains to you that, in 2003, he tore the fingernail on his left index finger while opening a can of tuna. He proceeded to take a pain killer that unbeknownst to him contained the banned stimulant, Luislealsdog. Alas, he only used it twice -- and never correctly. "I should have known better," he says. "I feel very, very bad."

C. The media (myself included) mercilessly slams Ortiz as a sham, a liar and a bad dresser. Then, one by one, he calls us all by our first names. Once again, we love him.

D. Commissioner Bud Selig issues a statement. It includes the sentence, "I am shocked and disappointed by this, but I took every possible action."

E. Approximately six (out of 33,871) Red Sox fans boo Ortiz during his first at-bat at Fenway. He later homers, and the six are pelted with bricks and hung from the Green Monster.

F. The media (myself included) state that Ortiz better be telling the truth, because he plays in a big market, and Boston reporters will dig, dig, dig, dig until they find out what's really going on.

G. Investigators discover one of Michael Jackson's llamas locked in Emmanuel Lewis' basement. The media's Ortiz investigation is suspended.

H. The Red Sox win the World Series, with Ortiz belting seven home runs en route to being named MVP. Mayor Thomas Menino calls him, "Boston's favorite son" and names a street Papi Way.

I. Ortiz reports to spring training, 2010. He weighs 150 pounds. "I wanted to get quicker," he says. "It's the new me."

Back
Top Bottom