Report: New York Giants interested in acquiring D'angelo Hall

John Clayton is reporting the giants have initiated contact about procuring hall from the falcons. I've got mixed feeling about this one.

discuss......

a) While hes def. a guy that's not easy to root for, dude sure is talented and would be an upgrade for the Giants. Dude does talk too much though.
laugh.gif

b) He is worth the 1st round draft pick b/c I doubt the Giants would find a player as talented as him to begin with. Its a trade that you should make ifpresented.

Ehh, I don't know. I'm all for continuing to improve the secondary, but I don't want dude maybe messing up the team chemistry and/or clashing withCoughlin.

they;re saying it looks like it could cost the gians the 31 pick and a late round pick. I say, get him but only if you know that stahan is going to play and ifyou plan to keep madison, our two most vocal defenders in the secondary and on the line respectively

I'm not sure about this, but I heard the deal was:

NYG gets:
CB DeAngelo Hall

CLE gets:
#31 overall pick

ATL gets:
QB Brady Quinn

Originally Posted by BullsRepeat3Peat

NYG gets:
CB DeAngelo Hall

CLE gets:
#31 overall pick

ATL gets:
QB Brady Quinn

So they're leaning toward Derek Andersen then?

Originally Posted by BullsRepeat3Peat

NYG gets:
CB DeAngelo Hall

CLE gets:
#31 overall pick

ATL gets:
QB Brady Quinn

So they're leaning toward Derek Andersen then?

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Giants are going after D.hall and there willing to give up our 1st rounder.
eek.gif
thats wasssup!

DHall is good, I %%#% on him only cuz he thinks he's deion, he's not but he is far from a bum.
Dude can play

THOSE D-ENDS + D.HALL = ALOTTA TURNOVERS

Originally Posted by thachosen123

Originally Posted by 23MCpizzle23

Not a good look for the COWBOYS

Elaborate please
grin.gif

romo gets away with alot of bad passes and plays because he can move but if he's under pressure from a superb line while facing a formidable secondaryhe's in trouble.

ESPN Radio in Dallas has said the Cowboys have inquired as well... 28 and a 4th or 5th rounder would probably get it done.

Giants are going after D.hall and there willing to give up our 1st rounder.
eek.gif
thats wasssup!

DHall is good, I %%#% on him only cuz he thinks he's deion, he's not but he is far from a bum.
Dude can play

THOSE D-ENDS + D.HALL = ALOTTA TURNOVERS

My thoughts exactly...
tired.gif

D. Hall has never had anyone decent in that secondary with him, has never had a consistent pass rush, and has played for some terrible D-Coordinators. Put himin New York, that defense is a serious, serious problem. Hall would be a nightmare.

...and now that it's out, D. Hall is pretty much done in Atlanta, one way or another.

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/falcons/stories/2008/02/22/hallburst_0223.html

Indianapolis - Cornerback DeAngelo Hall said he wanted to remain with the Falcons.
That was "wanted."

"I don't want to stay there," Hall said Friday at the NFL scouting combine. "I would go anywhere that wants me. That's the thing. It's hard to play for or be part of an organization that doesn't want you. I just want to go somewhere where I'm wanted."

Hall said he and his agent have been made aware that the Falcons are entertaining trade offers, which he has construed as the team not wanting him to return for a fifth season - the last of his contract. Hall said he has not demanded a trade or requested permission to seek a trade.

Falcons general manager Thomas Dimitroff said last week that he thinks Hall makes the Falcons better. Coach Mike Smith said that he wants Hall on the team. However, Dimitroff said the team would entertain trade offers.

Dimitroff was not immediately available for comment Friday afternoon.

Falcons officials have said they would want at least a first-round pick for the two-time Pro Bowler. The Newark Star-Ledger reported Friday that the New York Giants might be willing to part with their first-round pick to acquire Hall. Several league officials at the combine said that Washington also could be interested.

******** vice president of football operations Vinny Cerrato declined comment since Hall is under contract with the Falcons.

Hall said he would prefer to be dealt as soon as possible and that he would not demand that the team that traded for him extend his contract. He said that he felt "betrayed" by the Falcons and that he had been "stabbed in the back" because of the team's refusal to try its best to retain him.

"Slim and none," Hall said about his chances about being back with the Falcons next season.

It's incomprehensible Patrick Kerney, Alge Crumpler, and Deangelo Hall are gone from this team...yet dudes like Keith Brooking, Warrick Dunn, and LawyerMilloy still have jobs (for now.)

Is it too early to start wondering if the 2008 Falcons could give 0-16 a real shot?
sick.gif

A real corner back with that d-line
sick.gif
sick.gif

The giants current corners would get exposed if they didn't have that pass rush.

Back
Top Bottom