Resellers are NOT killing the "game"

i dont really have anything to say because ive never ever bought anything over retail price, but i will say this. Resellers are not the blame. The greedy people who act like they NEED the shoes are. Wear the shoes do not let them wear you. As with anything whether its clothing or shoes or anything you can sell, if it sits in the store for a decent amount of time eventually the price will go down. That being said, if a reseller is selling some Js for a rediculous price (say $300) how bout you just dont buy it? lol
I see it all the time on here and ebay. If we dont buy this overpriced mess the price will eventually go down. Cuz resellers really dont want the shoes so they have to get rid of them some how.

ibrKb0pDIqcLBU.gif

Last edited:
If I had a chance to grab some of these shoes y'all hype up like crazy, I'd become a reseller in a heartbeat.
It's a huge return in profit, especially for kicks like the Yeezys. Like I had no intention on ever wearing those shoes and think it's ridiculous paying 200+ for some Nikes. But I still tried to buy them just because the insane prices they go for.
There are two types of resellers: Young dudes trying that camp overnight for big releases, and then try and flip for a very small profit margin (for how many hours they put in)

Then the dudes that are actually pro at it, who have established connects through stores, managers, or insiders.  These are the dudes who get full size runs (or close to) of the shoes that everybody wants but can't get.

They're the ones investing more, and gaining more profit, which makes it a lot more sensible to do as a side hustle/hobby.

The fact that there is even a term called the "shoe game" makes me SO glad that I stopped buying these expensive sneakers before all this malarkey started occurring at the current scale.

if it wasn't for resellers, i woulda missed out on a couple pairs i really wanted (true blue 3s, playoff 13s) and i'm sure i'ma have to buy these 4s comin up on blk friday from one of yall

... but they are also the reason why you had to buy from them to begin with.

^^^ They either have legit connects or the bring their entire blood line to fill out raffle fix and 10 different stores

With out resellers the Nike hype wouldn't exist.... it was the reselling people from Japan and the states that got the whole movement started

Are you a reseller? Your post contains a significant amount of sodium.

Lmfao yea b I am a reseller. I had just recently got into an arguement with about 5 other dudes all givin me **** cause I made a couple of G's of the yeezys and I tried to do somethin similar with GMP's. I wont even front I sound od butthurt when I read this **** over again, but it is what it is I'm glad some of ya agree with me.

And yea, I really don't think Nike cares about this whole reselling ****. Some people think that recent restock on lebron 9s miamis was an "Attempt to kill the reselling game." .....LOL.

I think if Nike really cared for it, they would just set the retail price at $300+ cause people are payin that price anyways, right?

The "game" as you call it was killed when Nike and Jordan thought it would be a great idea to make stupid limited kicks and packs that kids had to fight tooth and nail just to get.

I hearken back to the OG DMP (you know the VI and XIs) when JB decided they'd make more money releasing two shoes in very limited quantity. That's when the "killing" really started. Heck, we can even go far back as the Nubuck XII release when JB first started the package deal. When it was an online-only release that required not only fast fingers but a good connection as well. And then the laser IV pack soon thereafter; the thunder and lightning pack; the BMP; the second iteration of the DMP where they released a pack every month it seemed. Then you had the fiasco that was the Concord XI release this past December that really took things to a whole 'nother level. Not only had dudes been programmed to believe "oh this is a limited release, I better be at my computer by 11:45, have multiples tabs open, and two lines dedicated to Eastbay and FNL", but our animalistic instincts soon kicked in thereafter - "I may not get this shoe; I may have to resort to other, illegal means". Those releases "killed" the game.

Nike releasing only a FSR a state of the Galaxy foams "killed" the game. The various limited colorways of the whatever Lebron or Kobe shoes that is hot at the moment, "killed" the game. And now they have to take extra precautionary measures just so that everyone is safe by pushing the release time back to 8am in the morning? Where they do that at?

Nike and JB created this monster by thinking releasing limited edition kicks would make "sneakerheads" feel set apart and exclusive. Nah b, it did anything but. 'Cause at the end of the day, those same dudes who are camping out and buying up multiples of every release are the ones who lose out. When the realization that all of that blood, sweat, and tears poured into a hobby that really wasn't what it was all cracked up to be hits them like an epiphany, they'll feel less exclusive and more duped.

But it's a business, and Nike has created such a great model that I can't really put all the blame on them. At the end of the day, you decide whether to take part in the shenanigans or not.

Last edited:
this thread really for reseller trying to find some excuse
laugh.gif

all of those resellers who trying to cop some hypebeast pairs and sell it 2 times or even 5 times retail price should ****, if u said this is just for business then you better spend your whole damn money on good education and find better job instead camping in front of footlocker, HOH, or nike store.
Lol thats cute homie. I'm actually doin it so I can have some extra cash on the side when I go back to school in 'Cuse. You actin like if what you said didnt contain a bit of sodium too..

The "game" as you call it was killed when Nike and Jordan thought it would be a great idea to make stupid limited kicks and packs that kids had to fight tooth and nail just to get.
I hearken back to the OG DMP (you know the VI and XIs) when JB decided they'd make more money releasing two shoes in very limited quantity. That's when the "killing" really started. Heck, we can even go far back as the Nubuck XII release when JB first started the package deal. When it was an online-only release that required not only fast fingers but a good connection as well. And then the laser IV pack soon thereafter; the thunder and lightning pack; the BMP; the second iteration of the DMP where they released a pack every month it seemed. Then you had the fiasco that was the Concord XI release this past December that really took things to a whole 'nother level. Not only had dudes been programmed to believe "oh this is a limited release, I better be at my computer by 11:45, have multiples tabs open, and two lines dedicated to Eastbay and FNL", but our animalistic instincts soon kicked in thereafter - "I may not get this shoe; I may have to resort to other, illegal means". Those releases "killed" the game.
Nike releasing only a FSR a state of the Galaxy foams "killed" the game. The various limited colorways of the whatever Lebron or Kobe shoes that is hot at the moment, "killed" the game. And now they have to take extra precautionary measures just so that everyone is safe by pushing the release time back to 8am in the morning? Where they do that at?
Nike and JB created this monster by thinking releasing limited edition kicks would make "sneakerheads" feel set apart and exclusive. Nah b, it did anything but. 'Cause at the end of the day, those same dudes who are camping out and buying up multiples of every release are the ones who lose out. When the realization that all of that blood, sweat, and tears poured into a hobby that really wasn't what it was all cracked up to be hits them like an epiphany, they'll feel less exclusive and more duped.
But it's a business, and Nike has created such a great model that I can't really put all the blame on them. At the end of the day, you decide whether to take part in the shenanigans or not.
great post...

What makes me feel even MORE cruddy is the fact that I have a job that I have to wear dress shoes...

Its been a month and I haven't rocked kicks more than 5 times...

Still gonna pull out the Foambs when I hit the south side of Dallas though.

:pimp: :pimp:

The only reason that resellers exist is because people will pay their ridiculous markups. It'd be one thing if this only happened on incredibly limited releases (i.e. last year's all star game, yeezy's. etc.), but this happens on EVERY SINGLE RELEASE. This is no longer about supply and demand, b (also who says "b"? did Jesse from breaking bad give up meth dealing and get into sneakers?). Resellers are now so prevalent that they are artificially draining the supply on the primary market, which makes the demand look unnecessarily high. Jordan Brand is actually starting to cut into resellers profits with higher initial supply and random restocks popping up, but not to the point to totally drive them away (unfortunately).

As for your idea of "putting in work" to get a pair of sneakers. Let me remind you of something: IT'S A PAIR OF SHOES. PIECES OF LEATHER, PLASTIC, AND RUBBER THAT YOU PUT ON YOUR FEET AND WALK ON. LET'S ALL KEEP SOME PERSPECTIVE HERE. Collecting sneakers is not my job, so no, I will not "put in work" to get them. I will not be homeless for a week for an overpriced piece of leather from Nike. If I'm forced, God forbid, to actually save my money by not buying another pair of shoes that I do not need by some reseller trying to make a come up on my hobby, then Mr. Reseller, thank you. I'll go buy some stock or go on a mini-vacation or something else that will genuinely enrich my well-being.

In summation, yes, resellers are killing the game. They artificially limit the supply, throwing the supply/demand curve into whack. This not only causes unnecessary build ups of sodium in people who actually want the sneaker, but unnecessarily raises the price from the MSRP. Ultimately if resellers didn't exist, supply and demand would probably dictate the price of 95% of sneaker releases as the MSRP (+/- 50%). The only releases that would actually demand anything close to the standard reseller mark up would be extremely limited and QS releases.

Also, as a note for anyone who might read this and hasn't heard this piece of advice before. The way to force resellers out of business, is to not buy their product. FTL Corp. has done half of the job for us by not allowing returns on release day product. Most resellers are not particularly wealthy, and can't afford to have hundreds or thousands of dollars tied up for long periods of time. Simply having a semblance of patience can save you large amounts of money (especially once the return policy runs out for Nikestore, Eastbay, etc.).

Wow :smokin Lol that Jesse reference got me, I was about to comment on the b thing as well.

Every single release is another great point. If it was just super limited releases sure I understand, but people were buying FSR's or Varsity Red 4's for God's sake.

"Putting in Work" sounds absolutely absurd to me as well. In no way is sitting on your *** in a chair for a week waiting for sneakers "putting in work". It's having almost no life at all :lol:

"In summation, yes, resellers are killing the game. They artificially limit the supply, throwing the supply/demand curve into whack. This not only causes unnecessary build ups of sodium in people who actually want the sneaker, but unnecessarily raises the price from the MSRP. Ultimately if resellers didn't exist, supply and demand would probably dictate the price of 95% of sneaker releases as the MSRP (+/- 50%). The only releases that would actually demand anything close to the standard reseller mark up would be extremely limited and QS releases." - This has to be the most educated statement anyone has made about resellers on here. Perfect paragraph my man. All in all, you killed it. :smokin

In summation, yes, resellers are killing the game. They artificially limit the supply, throwing the supply/demand curve into whack. This not only causes unnecessary build ups of sodium in people who actually want the sneaker, but unnecessarily raises the price from the MSRP. Ultimately if resellers didn't exist, supply and demand would probably dictate the price of 95% of sneaker releases as the MSRP (+/- 50%). The only releases that would actually demand anything close to the standard reseller mark up would be extremely limited and QS releases.
Also, as a note for anyone who might read this and hasn't heard this piece of advice before. The way to force resellers out of business, is to not buy their product. FTL Corp. has done half of the job for us by not allowing returns on release day product. Most resellers are not particularly wealthy, and can't afford to have hundreds or thousands of dollars tied up for long periods of time. Simply having a semblance of patience can save you large amounts of money (especially once the return policy runs out for Nikestore, Eastbay, etc.).
Yea I said "b", get that sand out your vagina.

Anyways, back to your argument. Not much to disagree about with what you said. I said what I said about the whole putting in work thing because I'm not saying that people gotta go through all that work to get the kicks, my point is, if you gonna complain about it, THEN you can go ahead and shut the f up. But if you dont wanna camp a week for kicks then by all means don't do it. I personally dont do that, I just upgraded my router and internet connection so gettin kicks on NDC are easy as hell, but I regress.

All in all what I meant with my salty *** post is that stop holdin on to that false hope, talkin bout "the way to force resellers out of business.." Reselling is concept that isnt just gonna magically disappear. Reselling is just a byproduct of all of the hype and value that sneakerheads put on the kicks, sort of like what you said, but what I'm adding is that just stop the complaining. So the ones that need to realize that it is just a piece of leather are the people complaining at resellers, not the resellers. If someone out there is willing to pay x amount of money above retail, why should I NOT give it to him? (Pause.)

are they the reason or was it because it was other folks in line that werent trying to resell the shoe but actually wear the same size as me?

im in iowa so im guessing the lil supply we do get aint in the qtys that folks in larger urban areas receive. tho i buy from resellers, i still haven't paid over $200 for a pair of shoes yet (i see a lot being sold here for more)

i like resellers for some reasons, dont like em for others but all in all if i want em and they too expensive, i wont buy

Resellers do the same thing you do to get sneakers, but since they succeed at it people just get mad.

Lets be real, most of the people complaining with barely wear the sneakers, then still sell them down the line for reseller prices.

Resellers are prostitutes.
They sell to tricks that are unwilling to put in the effort to get what they want.
Resellers are not interested in the feeling and emotions of the trick, all they're interested in is the money.
Hence being called prostitutes.

Now that's not a slight against resellers or prostitutes, get it how you get it, just accept the label.

lol at the "game" and people taking shoes so seriously :rofl:
relax bro its a pair of shoes props to resellers making serious cash over idiots dropping so much on a dumb pair of shoes

are they the reason or was it because it was other folks in line that werent trying to resell the shoe but actually wear the same size as me?

im in iowa so im guessing the lil supply we do get aint in the qtys that folks in larger urban areas receive. tho i buy from resellers, i still haven't paid over $200 for a pair of shoes yet (i see a lot being sold here for more)

i like resellers for some reasons, dont like em for others but all in all if i want em and they too expensive, i wont buy

resellers, by buying out a store, can stop a chain store from being able to stock locate a sneaker for you.

Back
Top Bottom