Return of the NikeTalk Fitted Cap. Help us decide our size distribution and order quantities!

What fitted cap size are you MOST interested in?

• 6 7/8

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 7 1/8

• 7 1/4

• 7 3/8

• 7 1/2

• 7 5/8

• 7 3/4

• 7 7/8

• I don't really want a hat, I just wanted to click something.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the Return of the NikeTalk FITTED  Cap thread.

The word "snapback" should be banned from this thread! Semi srs
555322240.gif

Last edited:
Sole Martyr going to scoop up half the stock in spite for getting banned.

You should be required to input your NT SN into your order in order to cop.
Ugh I forgot about that scumbag, I hope he doesn't find out (most likely will).

no doubt he still stalks this site. most likely has a new alias. dude seemed like he was trying to do something good in the beginning but just becane an annoying useless attention *****. mods called it. bigj especially.

this is gonna be a mess, i can already tell. i hope everyone who actually wants to wear the hat gets one

not hopeful

What are your concerns?

MY NJ FAMB

CAN I ALSO WALK INTO BERGENLINE AND JUST SCOOP UP MY FITTED?

SORRY BRAH, BUT TO MAKE IT FAIR EVERYTHING HAS TO BE DONE ONLINE.

:tongue:

my concern is there wont be enough for everyone who actually wants one.

while a poll is helpful, theres a lot of members on here who are regular but dont visit the general that much or simply just missed the thread.

What worries me even more is that it just takes ONE person who doesn't vote but still buy to throw things off. If one person doesn't vote and takes a hat from a specific size, the person with that size will steal another size and so on.

I'll pay $50 for the fitted. I been wanting it for 4 years and it's for charity. Don't be cheap for a good cause, man.
mean.gif

whos being cheap? $50 is OD for a fitted
It's $14-$15 over regular retail, and as aforementioned - it's for a good cause 
laugh.gif

I'm not knocking because everyone has their own willingness to pay, but this is exactly what the price hike was meant to evoke, dudes saying it's OD so people who really want it have a chance to cop. 
ohwell.gif
the $35 is already going to chairty then times that by 1000+ hats

what more do you want
laugh.gif

not saying i wouldnt pay it but $50 for a fitted is OD period.
Agnes Skinner: And you, start over. I want everything in one bag.
Grocery Clerk (Squeaky Voiced Teen): Yes, ma'am!
Agnes: But I don't want the bag to be heavy.
Clerk: I don't think that's possible!
Agnes: What are you, the possible police? Just do it!

Okay, I know that you want everyone to be guaranteed a cap, and you'd like the caps to be free, and you'd like Dirtylicious to hand-deliver the cap, and you'd like the sale of the caps, while free, to result in a $1 million donation to charity... but let me try to explain what we're working with here.

We're not going to make 1,000 of these.  We aren't.  Experience tells us not to overestimate the results of a noncommittal web poll.  2,000 caps = $30,000.  That's a lot of money to wager on something that has no possible chance of giving you a financial return.  

Beyond that, these orders don't process themselves.  ecapcity.com is not amazon.com.  They don't have a twelve acre warehouse and an army of low-wage workers.  

If we sell 500 of these, it's going to take their team two days to process and ship all of those orders.  During that time, their store would be closed.  

The product is intended to raise money for charity.  How much of a sacrifice do you expect them to make for this?  

Again, as of Monday, all you wanted was a chance.  We're doing our best to give everyone interested the highest possible chance of receiving a hat.  

Now, if you're afraid that all the caps will be snapped up by resellers, the best way for us to prevent that - aside from producing 2,000 caps, which is NOT a feasible option - is to raise the price to kill the resale margin.  

If it could dramatically improve your chances of getting a hat, wouldn't the extra spend be worth it if you knew that 100% of that price increase were going to charity?  

Price gouging would be profiteering on this, as sneaker companies do.  NikeTalk isn't getting any money out of this whatsoever.  

"We're not drug dealers, man.  We're fundraisers." 
I want a tee, but the way Meth was talking - it seems like that site has been dormant for a while and I might not receive it. 
Steez is an honest guy, but he's also incredibly busy with counterkicks and doesn't have time to check a defunct webstore for occasional orders very often.   I'm trying to recover the remaining shirts to make them available to you guys for giveaways/promotions.  In the meantime, I would hold off on ordering.  I can't say when Steez would even see the order, let alone fill it.  

The storefront was set up by Rajah and it's not something I can just turn off on my own.  
What charity is the money going towards?
That's still to be determined.  We'll make our decision prior to launch to let you know exactly where the proceeds will be donated.  Remember, we're still months away from this. 

I don't want to commit to something now just in case circumstances were to warrant a different selection down the road.  If we'd done this a year ago and made one choice, then Super Typhoon Haiyan struck, would we want to be bound to that earlier decision?  No.  We'd want to be able to help contribute to the disaster relief efforts.  Maintaining that level of flexibility will help us ensure that this fundraiser allows us to do the maximum amount of good together.  

Yea, last time was a bust since they were available to the general public. They need to let us cop w/ a pre-order code before they go on sale to gen pop. I need that 7 3/8 in my life as I see a lot of other cats do as well :pimp:

Kids these days. You'd get clowned for wearing a SnapBack in my day. Smh
nah, we use to rock, starter, zephyr, logo athletic, and there was another brand with a cursive g back in the day, but fitteds were always these best imo

i'll still buy one here and there if it looks good, but i always preferred fitteds 
nthat.gif

Last edited:
If you want to stop resellers, make it well known that reselling the hats on here is prohibited and could possibly result in a ban. You could also make it one order per person. I understand Zyzz's point, but to argue the other side, 600 people voting doesn't mean 600 people will actually buy the hat when it comes time. You're not agreeing to terms here by clicking a size. Someone who joined yesterday and voted for his size is more than likely not going to spend money on a NT fitted.

This is who we should be watching out for

If you want to stop resellers, make it well known that reselling the hats on here is prohibited and could possibly result in a ban. You could also make it one order per person. I understand Zyzz's point, but to argue the other side, 600 people voting doesn't mean 600 people will actually buy the hat when it comes time. You're not agreeing to terms here by clicking a size. Someone who joined yesterday and voted for his size is more than likely not going to spend money on a NT fitted.

This is who we should be watching out for
1zdvhat.jpg

This is the pic you should've used. Son got not one but 2 caps
mean.gif

put it this way, if i dont get a hat something bad is gonna happen.

been *****ing about getting a hat since the first one went on sale.

put it this way, if i dont get a hat something bad is gonna happen.

been *****ing about getting a hat since the first one went on sale.

At this point, I fully expect you to complain no matter what happens.

no, i dont care for price.

i just want me and others who have been waiting for years for the hat and making numerous threads over the years to actually get one, thats all.

no harm in wanting me and others who REALLY want the hat to prosper.

Am i glad you are finally doing this? Yes. Im just trying to make sure everyone gets a hat and doesnt get screwed over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom