Return of the NikeTalk Fitted Cap. Help us decide our size distribution and order quantities!

What fitted cap size are you MOST interested in?

• 6 7/8

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 7 1/8

• 7 1/4

• 7 3/8

• 7 1/2

• 7 5/8

• 7 3/4

• 7 7/8

• I don't really want a hat, I just wanted to click something.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If nothing else only make them available to members. If I strike out I at least want an NTer to own it and not some hypebeast that found out these were dropping through Complex

I understand 288 is more than was sold on the first release, but in this new age of bots and resellers... this won't end well.

1373672217_image.gif

Damn.

If 288 is the limit can we now change the process to pre-orders?
We'll consider a variety of options, but if the only difference between a pre-order and a regular order is that the crush occurs now rather than later, then I see little point to it. 

More likely, we'll think about how to use contests or perhaps a fundraising drive to make sure that these get into the hands of our forum regulars and contributors.  Just saying "well, you just happened to be online when the announcement was made, so therefore you get to preorder and everyone else is shut out" doesn't strike me as fair.  

At least in a conventional release scenario, everyone knows the release time and has at least a theoretical chance to purchase.  
I understand 288 is more than was sold on the first release, but in this new age of bots and resellers... this won't end well.
Reselling is not a new phenomenon.  People were reselling Air Jordan IV retros in 1999.  They were reselling 2000 Olympic Shox and Flightposite IIs.  Reselling was no more common back when the first run of caps launched, and very few of them ever made it to eBay.  We prohibited the sale of the caps on our buy/sell section.  

Realistically, these won't have a great resale margin.  There's a limit to what any of us would pay, especially with the possibility for an additional run sometime in 2015.  A financial incentive exists for people to code a reusable Nike.com script.  Can the same really be said for this?  I think it's a mistake to assume that it'll reach that same extreme simply because we're in the same niche.  

Had we said at the outset that we'd be making TWICE as many of these, I'd wager that most people would be happy.  The poll totals make it seem inadequate, but, remember, voting is free.  

I don't think it'll be quite so bad as some of you are imagining, but obviously I would've liked to make more available.  

It's our goal to get these into the hands of true NT members and we'll work with Cap City and see what might be possible on that front. 

but word meth, I know it's 3 months and all, but can we like do something incentive based for charities to get some made out of the production quota? Cuz this obviously puts a damper on the amount of money that will be able to be donated cuz we know that not everyone would donate strictly out of wanting to give back haha. Like obviously with the poll #s you could say that that's 500 donations easy if an amount of people were to flake when the hats drop.

but word meth, I know it's 3 months and all, but can we like do something incentive based for charities to get some made out of the production quota? Cuz this obviously puts a damper on the amount of money that will be able to be donated cuz we know that not everyone would donate strictly out of wanting to give back haha. Like obviously with the poll #s you could say that that's 500 donations easy if an amount of people were to flake when the hats drop.
So, first of all, the original release generated a significant amount for the Children's Defense Fund - and we're already talking about selling twice as many caps this time around.  We're looking at a good outcome here for charity regardless.  

We'll have to talk with @eCapCity  and figure out what's possible in terms of preorders.

One possibility could be that we hold another group fundraiser - as we have for disaster relief - and say that, for example, a donation of $X or more would yield a charity badge (like previous drives ) and a non-transferable pre-order ticket, tied to your account.  

Ideally, I'd also like to set a few aside for "merit-based" contests, where winners are determined by, say, generating high quality product reviews or some other criteria that would ensure the winner has made a helpful and valuable contribution to the community at large.  Giveaways would be separate from pre-orders, as those would be at our expense. 

It's still fairly early in the process, but we'll do the best we can to make as many NT members happy as possible - and as few resellers happy as possible.  
are the sizes still gonna be available based on the percentage that people voted for?
We wanted the order quantities to be influenced by the poll data collected, but we trusted Cap City to place the final order and I don't have the order quantities in front of me to confirm that there's a 1:1 correlation on size distribution.  All I can tell you is that it was our intent and our instructions to have the poll data factor into the size distribution.  

Hopefully we'll get our hands on the final order breakdown soon, and we can then pass that information along once we're closer to release. 

aye, here we go again :lol: :frown:

edit: I'm liking that charity donation idea. :pimp:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom