Returning to Best Buy after the return period???

So I bought a Toshiba Thrive, and now I want to return it because apparently there wont be a keyboard dock. Which is pretty much the main reason why I bought the thing.

Best Buy's policy for laptops, computers, and tablets is 14 days. Well it's been like 3 weeks since I bought it, has anyone had any luck returning something after the return period to Best Buy?

I don't want a refund, just want to exchange it for the Transformer.

Are you saying to take it in without the receipt so they wont know the date I purchased it, or asking if I have a receipt or not?

indifferent.gif

They do have tha buy back plan going on too. But I know they wont give me anything near what I paid for the tablet, also bought a 32gb SD card. I'll probably just keep it even though the Transformer doesn't take Full SD.

If Best Buy does let me return it, I'll be willing to let it go to someone on here that needs one

You have to have a receipt no matter what. They won't take it without one. They are going hard with returns and exchanges. From what I've witnessed, in NYC, you have to have an ID as well.

Be friendly and explain the situation and they may be able to help. Last thing you want to do is have an outburst and make yourself look like a fool and have them be less willing to help you out.

Full disclosure: I work at a Best Buy in NYC. I hate it, but it helps, barely, to pay the bills.

Originally Posted by MetallicNitro

You have to have a receipt no matter what. They won't take it without one. They are going hard with returns and exchanges. From what I've witnessed, in NYC, you have to have an ID as well.

Be friendly and explain the situation and they may be able to help. Last thing you want to do is have an outburst and make yourself look like a fool and have them be less willing to help you out.

Full disclosure: I work at a Best Buy in NYC. I hate it, but it helps, barely, to pay the bills.
yep,  needed a ID when i returned my nook
hopefully you'll get nice manager that will make an exception

Cool, I still have the receipt and box with all the papers.
Wont be able to take it in until tomorrow and it'll be 6 days after the limit. Hopefully they'll take it

From what I've noticed, Best Buy is super stingy with their return policy. They'll find any reason not to take it back.

Originally Posted by MetallicNitro

I can see this in major citys. But I was sales floor supe at a small box 30k store and most of the time if you're polite and stress how much it would help you out. More times than not we took the returns. Ive gone way out of return policy for loyal customers who are courteous. Especially having to deal with jerk offs all day long.

So try and be super nice about it first and see where that gets you. Again, it might not work if you are in a huge store cause they could care less if one less person shops there. But for a smaller store, we treated everyone like gold. Even when they didnt deserve it.

Originally Posted by omgitswes

They do have tha buy back plan going on too. But I know they wont give me anything near what I paid for the tablet, also bought a 32gb SD card. I'll probably just keep it even though the Transformer doesn't take Full SD.

If Best Buy does let me return it, I'll be willing to let it go to someone on here that needs one

If you're in nyc I can help you return it for that sd card.  Lmk

Naw I'm not in NYC. You think they'll take that back too though? I don't have the orginal box because I had to tear it just to get the card out.

And yeah, but I'm okay with that, just wanna get a tablet that I'll actually use the way I want to use it

Why do you need a keyboard dock? Just get a regular dock and any keyboard can be connected to the USB port, which is much better since it gives you more option. Also, I am sure a keyboard dock might be on the way sooner or later.

BTW, what's you impression on the Thrive?

That's just too much to take to class. If I was using it at home that way it wouldn't be a problem.
Would rather just have one dock. And Toshiba reps said there would be one, that's the reason why I bought it over the TF in the first place but I'm growing impatient since school starts back in a few weeks.

Other than the keyboard dock, I really like it. The main problem everyone is having is when it goes to sleep you gotta hold the power button down to turn the tablet completely off then turn it back on just to wake it up. Toshiba is working on a fix for that and already sending out invites to people to beta test the update. I just downloaded a Wifi app and haven't had the problem since then.

If BB doesn't take it back, I'll just hold on to it waiting on a dock because it is a nice tablet.

3 weeks? it's worth a try. BB gave me $!#$ for wanting to return something 2 days past the 14 day threshold. they basically said it's at the store managers discretion.

get that xoom fam...bluetooth keyboard ftw.

Yah I really wish I could have waited for the Thrive but I had a trip and needed it so I got an iPad2 instead.

The USB, HDMI and SD Card slot are great additions. Like right now, my CPUs HD crashed and I could have hooked up my monitor to the HDMI, my keyboard and mouse to the USB and add a few GB of memory from one of the numerous SD Cards I have lying around in the SD slot and it'll be like having a back-up desktop.

I could use bluetooth with this, just don't want to. I'm still hearing there might be a dock in the works though so who knows. If they don't take it back tomorrow it's no big deal. I can just keep using my laptop in class until one comes out, if it comes out.

Try to return it with the receipt see what they say, talk to a manager etc.
They're much more lenient with the return period if you're trying to exchange it for something else instead of returning it. So maybe they'll allow you to exchange it and get store credit toward you're other purchase even though its after the 14 day period. Then you can either use that store credit to buy something you want or sell it.
And try different best buys. Some will let it slide while others are anal about it. Good luck

ive done it before, well i made my mom do it. my macbook charger i bought got messed up after 3 months and they took it bck no problem.

Originally Posted by sheistbugz

They're much more lenient with the return period if you're trying to exchange it for something else instead of returning it. So maybe they'll allow you to exchange it and get store credit toward you're other purchase even though its after the 14 day period. Then you can either use that store credit to buy something you want or sell it.
And try different best buys. Some will let it slide while others are anal about it. Good luck

Thanks man. Is there still a restock fee if I'm just doing an exchange?

Originally Posted by omgitswes

Originally Posted by sheistbugz

Thanks man. Is there still a restock fee if I'm just doing an exchange?
no. no restocking fee's if you're exchanging.

Originally Posted by Zyzz

ive done it before, well i made my mom do it. my macbook charger i bought got messed up after 3 months and they took it bck no problem.

Even if you didnt buy it from an Apple Store, you can still service your Mac there for problems like that. Got my charger replaced for free.

Back
Top Bottom