Ricky Rubio for Dummies...(Scouting Report)

And by weaknesses i dont mean what you've outlined.

I am talking specifics, like he might be an excellent passer, but what about low post entry?

he is a smart, pesty defender, but he gambles a lot, and will be foul prone against nba guards. little things like that

Dont get me wrong you did a fine job, especially considering the more limited footage of rubio, and the observations are very similar to a nbadraft.net typescouting report, but check out the draftexpress scouting reports. Very professional and clear

Originally Posted by bohrdom

when does the new harry potter movie come out?
laugh.gif
smh.gif

i still dont see it. i've watched him and just can't see how hes supposed to be huge. maybe i'm wrong, we'll see.

i can't judge until i see dude play in the nba. all this hoopla is gettin me madd interested in the kid tho.

Originally Posted by bigtimejerky

mark my words....

Jennings > Rubio in the NBA
Maybe but that doesn't mean anything. That's like saying LeBron > Wade (and no, I'm not comparing these guys to those guys).

Anyways, I think the hate's way too strong considering most of us have no idea what we're talking about when it comes to this kid. I think Rubio canhave the same kinda impact/game as Rondo in his early years. We'll see how he develops though.

he's a kid playing with the big boys in a professional league, that should speak volumes for his game, does not mean he would be the next great superstarin the NBA but he is holding his own and to top that off getting selected on the mens national team for the olympics

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

coming from a guy who hates Euro's, this kid gets hated on this website strictly because is a euro. I'm not going to say the kid is an future all-star even but he is the best pg prospect in this class.
This = truth. People don't like him because of the way he looks. His game is flashier and more entertaining than most of the point guards inthe league not named Chris Paul, and yet people are predisposed to not liking him because he's not coming out of a US college. If he were an Americanplayer, I'd bet people would put his name in the discussion with Blake Griffin, not on a level below.

Originally Posted by tSamShoX

As far as I know it's a toss-up between Griffin and Rubio for the #1 pick for the Kings. I heard Petrie is ENAMORED with Rubio...especially when our starting PG is trash Beno Udrih.
Rubio would be a great fit for the Kings. He would accelerate the growth of players like Thompson and Hawes once he gets used to the NBA style.The future looks BLEAK for the Kings when you look at salaries and stuff, but drafting a smart (which makes him a safer pick) player in a position you needcould put Sac in the playoffs within a few years.

People would be upset if Petrie took him over Blake Griffin, but it might not be such a bad decision if it does happen. The #2 pick would just make everythingeasier.

Rubio would also be a great fit for the Knicks. I hope he ends up there; it would be exciting.

as a person who hopes sactown can once again become back to the way they were around 200-2003? (dont remember the exact years) with the rivalry with thelakers, rubio would be a great pick, but sorry, hes coming to the knicks
smile.gif
smile.gif

The Kings picking Rubio over Griffin would be like picking Sam Bowie over Jordan.

Go ahead and make your team average for the next 5 years.

Originally Posted by Jehlers02

I think anyone who could hold their own in the Olympics, against the best players in the world, at the age of 17 will be the buisness.
What about guys who disappear in the World Championships?

If Rubio was selected by the clipps or any of the 4 ahead of the twolves in 09, would he be in Europe like he is right now?

Back
Top Bottom