Riots in Milwaukee after Officer Involved Shooting

Tensions on Sunday gave way to calls for peace as activists gathered outside the affected businesses.
Smith's sister, Sherelle Smith, condemned violence carried out in her brother's name, saying the community needs those businesses.
"Don't bring that violence here," Neal said, sobbing as she lamented that she would never be able to again hug her brother.
Another sister, Kimberly Neal, remembered a brother who "kept it real," a high school graduate who played basketball, a contrast to "the man with a lengthy arrest record" described by police.
Police body camera footage showed Smith holding a handgun during the encounter, Barrett said at a Sunday news conference. Police said the unidentified officer shot Smith after he failed to comply with orders to put his gun down. His gun was loaded with 23 rounds, more than the officer was carrying.
"He should have been tased, if anything," Neal said. "We want everybody to feel our pain."
At one point, the crowd chanted "ready for war," followed by a a chant of "peace, peace, peace."
Meanwhile, another group of about 100 gathered at the park near a BP gas station that was burned during Saturday's protests. Crowds ebbed and flowed at the station throughout Sunday; as night fell, community and church leaders led a prayer circle and spoke of a community that needs healing from ongoing "racism, injustices and oppression."

The incident began when a pair of police officers stopped Smith and another person in a car on Saturday about 3:30 p.m., police said. The men fled the car and the officers followed, shooting Smith in the arm and chest when he failed to put his gun down, Barrett said.
The handgun, along with 500 rounds of ammunition, were stolen during a burglary in nearby Waukesha in March, police said.
Smith died at the scene, and the officer who fired the fatal shots was not injured. The officer is 24 years old and has six years of service with the Milwaukee Police Department -- three as an officer. He will be placed on administrative duty during an investigation.
The shooting occurred near the location of an August 9 double homicide in which a man was shot dead and another was fatally stabbed, police said.
City Alderman Khalif Rainey said the area has been a "powder keg" for potential violence throughout the summer.
"What happened tonight may not have been right and I am not justifying that but no one can deny the fact that there are problems, racial problems in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, that need to be rectified," Rainey said. "This community of Milwaukee, Wisconsin, has become the worst place to live for African-Americans in the entire country."
Rainey said Saturday's violence was a byproduct of inequities, injustice, unemployment and under-education.
"Something has to be done to address these issues," he said. "The black people of Milwaukee are tired; they are tired of living under this oppression, this is their life."

http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/14/us/milwaukee-violence-police-shooting/

Sheriff David Clarke was too busy being on Fox News every other day being a puppet instead of taking care of his crime ridden community.

I live in Milwaukee. Them ignorants are diggjng their own graves.

National guards are activated, said Scott Walker.

I live in Milwaukee too. Being the only only brother at work sucks!! Going to put my headphones on and try not to get lured in to their conversations.

A lot of young kids were doing the foolishness. Many of them had their faces covered up and carrying large rocks and some had guns on them. It was sad and unfortunate to see.

I live in Milwaukee too. Being the only only brother at work sucks!! Going to put my headphones on and try not to get lured in to their conversations.

A lot of young kids were doing the foolishness. Many of them had their faces covered up and carrying large rocks and some had guns on them. It was sad and unfortunate to see.

I don't gotta be anywhere Til 9. This is literally about to be me.

I don't gotta be anywhere Til 9. This is literally about to be me.

I hear you man, people at work are really awkward like they want to ask me about things but are hesitant. The actions of the few are painted on all of us man. It sucks

Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

just curious are yall ok with stuff like this ? 

What happens if say that white person has permit to carry and starts letting them go ? More kids die and than what repeat the process ?? 

this **** makes no ******* sense

anyway RIP to the victim whether he was in the right or the wrong.

sure yall are fed up and have EVERY right to be but this here i dont think is the correct way 

Of course what they did isnt the right way. You're talking about little kids who do not know better. More than likely didn't have parents or an adult role model in their lives to teach them right from wrong. Unfortunately these kids turn into adults and have children and the cycle continues.

What is that liveleak of? Not working for me on mobile
http://nation.foxnews.com/2016/08/1...riots-fires-after-fatal-shooting-sparks-chaos

is they white get they ***, **** them up smh. Aye they beating every white person. Betta not a white person come down SHerman, He white beat his *** SMH 
Of course what they did isnt the right way. You're talking about little kids who do not know better. More than likely didn't have parents or an adult role model in their lives to teach them right from wrong. Unfortunately these kids turn into adults and have children and the cycle continues.
yea that is true 

just really sucks for both sides 

Last edited:
When there is so much injustice in your community, people react in ways they shouldnt.

And wit everything on the internet these days, it makes people more angry that nothing is bein done.

They arent thinkin about the business that are being burned down. If it was a walmart i wouldnt care, but its dumb how they burn down local businesses. That could be my aunt or grandmas bread and butter that just burned down.

Its sad that these ignorants didnt realize that the bank they burned down, is closest to their home... their grannies homes and all that in between. Now the folks that camt drive, can barely walk, have a motorize wheel chair, public transit... all have to travel further and more, to grt their money and run their errands. They hurt the business of thr locally owned of NON WHITES and even the own blacks owned shops. Then the people who depends on those places have to do rethink their routes, and understand that change isnt for everybody.

I am not narrow minded to this at all. I am lookimg at the situatikn from all angles, trying but the riots is futile.

Why did this specific incident cause all of the madness. I read that it was a black cop that shot an armed black man after telling him to drop a weapon. Supposedly a journalist was knocked to the ground and hit and random white people are getting jumped. Hopefully it all simmers down.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/15/u...n-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news&_r=0

Ok so Apparently people think this was a long time coming. They just picked the wrong incident and martyr.

Last edited:
Black cop, 24 years old shot a 23 year old felon with a lenghty track sheet. 23 year old was holding the gun as he ran. Cop shot him in the chest and arm. They found the gun that was stolen a year ago, also 500 ammunition that was stolen too. The kid was carrying the stolen gun during the attempted traffic stop.

People assumed it was a white cop, started to riot. Screaming out "THEY WHITE, BEAT THEY ***", as white people drove by the large street.

Asian dude even got jumped because they thought he was white. Lots of lost souls out here.

Black cop, 24 years old shot a 23 year old felon with a lenghty track sheet. 23 year old was holding the gun as he ran. Cop shot him in the chest and arm. They found the gun that was stolen a year ago, also 500 ammunition that was stolen too. The kid was carrying the stolen gun during the attempted traffic stop.

People assumed it was a white cop, started to riot. Screaming out "THEY WHITE, BEAT THEY ***", as white people drove by the large street.

Asian dude even got jumped because they thought he was white. Lots of lost souls out here.
un fn believable 

correct a lot of lost souls out there what a joke. Its horrible man i didn't know all that WOW

Assuming without hearing actual details first 
mean.gif
 In the complete wrong. 

Im sorry but i wish one of these kids would of gotten hurt just to realize how dumb they are 

Back
Top Bottom