RIP Takeoff from the Migos

It's absolutely sad it transpired like this for these dudes when they clearly made it out of poverty and the hood, only to return to their old habits and environment after achieving legitimate success, fame and money. It's unfortunate they couldn't grow up and move past their habits since it precipitated Takeoff's death.

And this is why i said, give me millions and you'll never hear or see me, unless i have to. Gotta move different. Can't be in the streets like that or eating waffles in the hood ( RIP PNB ).

So Quavo and TakeOff check in with J prince jr and them mobb ties cats in Houston Tx. Quavo gets in a heated argument with one of mobb ties dudes who is beating him in the dice game for alot of money. Guns are pulled out from both sides, Takeoff gets hit from both sides in the cross, and he wasn't even gambling with them like Quavo was. This looks like a situation of when checking in goes wrong.

I know one thing for sure, if you're rich or well off financially, gambling amongst other hustlers and gangsters in private locations in Houston Tx is a no go right now. This is the second situation that has happened in Houston Tx when it comes to gambling. Y'all remember that Chicago Jeweler who got shot and killed for six figures in cash and for the jewelry he was wearing?

That happened in Houston Tx, and Boosie and other well known hustlers had a little private gambling shindig, and the jeweler got robbed and shot up while walking back to his car. They said that he actually beat alot of those dudes for alot of money before leaving. Just things to think about. Gambling at 3:00 A.M. while being a well known rich rapper is a no go for me though, because you're asking for some BS to happen at that point.

Ego's, intoxication, and attitudes are at sky high levels once you have hustlers, money, and street cats in the mix late at night in one spot while gambling with each other.
That was Duke the Jeweler

That’s different from bro saying to drop off the face of the earth for getting a couple mil.

Being smart and not hanging around the same idiots and not being in sketchy spots isn’t disappearing. That’s just common sense.

I think sometimes the problem is these rappers are actually the idiots. Not saying this instance that's the case, but all it takes sometimes is a little common sense to avoid a lot of these issues.

A lot of rappers now almost seem to be believing that they are these invincible gangsters that they portray on songs and it never works out well.

Also, not that Migos needed the publicity but a lot of labels are telling their artist, go out there more, spend money on some chains, show yourself to the camera more, and not realizing that can probably do more harm to them then good.

And this is why i said, give me millions and you'll never hear or see me, unless i have to. Gotta move different. Can't be in the streets like that or eating waffles in the hood ( RIP PNB ).

Seriously, this is an aspect of growing up once you have success and money.

It makes no sense with lots of the dudes who make it out of the hood and have money, but still want to maintain that "I don't want to forget where I came from." mentality by going back to their destructive environments with detrimental elements still there. They can still go back occasionally, but they should avoid particular spots and engaging in particular activities that make them a target.

A lot of the dudes who go back and encounter trouble tend to make themselves targets by flossing their material goods like jewelry and cars in an area full of struggling people with hungry wolves mixed in. If they went back to give money to help people and the environment, they wouldn't be a target in that scenario.

I'm so sick of the ignorant ones who make it who subscribe to the mentality that they're selling out by not going back to their bad environments. That's when keeping it real goes wrong.

It's crazy and messed up with that PnB Rock incident. But the dude knowingly went to a Roscoe's in the middle of South Central LA wearing jewelry to have lunch, so he easily made himself a target unfortunately. And it was eerie and bad timing with the robbers (father, son, wife/stepmom) already waiting in the parking lot looking for victims before he even arrived.

You can give back to your community and still be a target, like what happened with Young Dolph RIP

Aint no such things as halfway crooks.

Cant have one w/o the other, Fools trying to take the wet out of water :lol:

Drug / Gangster / Hustler / Pimp etc. rap culture as a whole is not conducive to a long prosperous life most likely because of oh I dunno, maybe the all the drugs, gangsters, hustlers, pimps, etc.

The rapping part just adds money, fame, & spotlight, to a preexisting condition.

Like gas on a fire.

Anyways,

"I don't say too much. Quavo and Offset - I don't talk as much as they talk. I observe the scene."

"I'm not gonna say something unless I really feel comfortable around you. Unless I feel like I know you, I'm not gonna really open up."

"You gotta watch everything. You gotta watch how you move, 'cause you a celebrity. You're a target now, so you always gotta do that. Just stay on your tippy toes"

"My brothers are my security."

"You gotta stay on your P's and Q's. When you popping so hard, got these blessings coming down, you got the devil tryin' to get at you."

"Growing up, I was trying to make it in music. I was grinding, which is just what I loved doing. I didn't have nothing else to do. In my spare time, I'd record myself. Find a beat, pulling em up. Just making something and creating for me."

"In about seventh grade, that's when we started playing around with beats, rhymes."

"We want our legacy to stand upon the youth. We want to give knowledge to the younger generation and be a part of changing the game."

"You gotta bless others so you can get blessed. Keep it real."

This man knew exactly who he was, what he wanted to do, and did what he loved to the fullest - at the highest levels possible, and never switched up.

All before reaching 30 years on the planet.

Never had any kids / baby mommas all over the place & never heard of him being in any social media mess.

From where he started, what an amazing life.

Hope he's receiving his Glory!

Last edited:
Can y’all name a rapper who became popular from doing the things y’all are suggesting?

Part of being a rapper is that you have to have the life you portray in order for people to consider you “real”.

So start with that conundrum.

It can’t be both ways.

And like Stringer Bell said.

“A ***** only knows what he knows”

This was not about a dice game or being out in a very public, very lit, very crowded bowling alley lol.

Dude was not in the back alley of a trap house.

He wasn’t even the focus of the argument.

I’m not sure what agendas some of you are trying to get off over the death of this man but it’s really sick.

Can y’all name a rapper who became popular from doing the things y’all are suggesting?
I started a few pages ago 50 Cent and Jay-z are probably prime examples.

Both talked about that life and made it out the hood.

Both are rich and you wouldnt catch either one going back to their old neighborhood or doing stuff like gambling or dice games at 2 in the morning.

Both are rich and you wouldnt catch either one going back to their old neighborhood or doing stuff like gambling or dice games at 2 in the morning.
J was arrested at 29 for allegedly stabbing Un. Maturity plays a part in how you move as well. Young man was taken too soon unfortunately. RIP

ElegantVagueAfricanfisheagle-size_restricted.gif

Ronald Reagan shoulda known better than to be walking around in public like that. :lol:

Broad daylight too? No Kevlar vest? No body armor? No ballistic helmet?

Made it all the way to the White House and could have locked the doors behind him.

In other news:

Being a President comes with certain unavoidable hazards.

Being a Famous Rapper comes with certain unavoidable hazards.

Walking down the street minding our own business comes with certain unavoidable hazards.

Aint no such thing as "safe" or "untouchable" for any of us.

When its our time to go, aint nothing gonna stop it.

The best security in the world aint even enough.

We can have the best judgement, plans, decisions, security, and training but death doesn't care about none of that.

Humans ultimately have zero control over such things.

All we can do is make the best of the middle part - between the clocking in and the clocking out.

Last edited:

Jay was still in hood clubs when he was poppin.

50 I’ll give you but he got shot up so that’s a good lesson learned.

But you are naming exceptions to the rules.

This is a absurd thing to say.

You don’t know what they do lol.

Fortunate for them there hasn’t been a life lost or social media when they might have been.

Also his location or game being played had very little to do with his death.

They could of been playing pick up at a YMCA in Beverly Hills at noon and this could happen.

Hey, I agree, all im saying, anything with a rich person past midnight is sus. Can't take chances. lol

Hey, I agree, all im saying, anything with a rich person past midnight is sus. Can't take chances. lol

You don’t think rich people party?

I’m super confused on the point you’re trying to make.

This boils down to some deeply rooted issues I don’t feel like talking about on NT but if you know you know.

Not a game or location or time of event.

Back
Top Bottom