Rolled ankle problems, Basketball related

like the title implies I have been dealing with the problem of rolling my ankle. Recently I purchased and used an ankle brace for my right ankle (the onethat's been giving me problems) It worked out fine the first 6 games I used it

just today when making a really quick stop, I felt both of my feet kind of feel out of place ... almost as if I rolled and or twisted both of my ankles at thesame time. if I had no brace on, it def would have been another sprain on the right

so any sort of feedback/advice you could provide me?

What kind of brace are you using?

Maybe get a trainer to tape your ankles? Use a brace that that has laces instead of velcro so you can pull it tighter?

What do you mean by your feet feeling out of place? Are they sliding around? Maybe your shoes are too big?

Here's what I recommend.
1. If you rolled your ankle pretty bad then both your feet will feel "out of place" when you walk. Wait until that subsides and you don't havethat numb/electric feel when you get to walking.
2. High Top Shoes. If you're ballin in low tops it's another rolled ankle waiting to happen.
3. Invest in a good brace. Wear for about 3 weeks or until you feel strength/support come back.
4. Buy one of those compression sleeve type deals for your ankle after you stop wearing the brace, i dont know if that's what they are called but it'ssorta like a sleeve for your ankle.

Nice to see all the quick feedback. Anyway I'll respond based on the order of responses

#1. Appreciate the idea, I'll probably have to strengthen up my ankle.

#2. As for what shoes I ball in, I rotate the Shox BB4, Huarache 2K5, Adidas Crazy 1 and LightningCreator. Oddly enough I've only rolled ankle in the Shox + Huarache and today wore the BB4.

#3. A brace from Walgreens. Good idea of getting taped up by a trainer. The brace I own has velcro, so maybe switching to one with laces would be a betteridea. As for the "out of place" feeling I know it isn't a size issue with the shoe because I've worn these shoes plenty of times and neverfelt anything like I did today. It was almost as if my feet stopped and my body kept moving, so I guess sliding around is the closest I can compare it to.Sorry for the lack of detail, but since I've never had this happen before so its hard to describe.

lastly, maybe I need a better brace because I've taken plenty of time off between the ankle rolls (last one was 2 weeks after thanksgiving). I might justget this looked at by a doctor, better safe then sorry. And as for the compression, know they have them for legs and arms, didn't know about ankle ones ..I'll look into it.

Thanks again for all the responses/feedback as judging by the first post in topic this is a current issue so any kind of advice you guys can throw by is MuchAppreciated.

Back
Top Bottom