Ronnie Fieg Collabs - Tracking order link http://shop.kithnyc.com/pages/tracking

that question was meant only for dj proto j  
laugh.gif

Last edited:
that question was meant only for dj proto j  :lol:  

Looks like his statement above already answers your second question - "kinda pointless if you have the OG tho."

Anyway, I would try painting the logo grey/blue if I get my hands on a pair. It seems the GLV looks more like a pink compared to the GT-2s, might try to make some changes on it too, if feasible.

Don´t complain too much ;-) For us Europeans it goes like this:

2 x 170,00 US-Dollar (SAGE & RG)

72 US-Dollar shipping fees

19% Additional Tax

20% Custom Fees

-------

= around 572 US-Dollars for both Pairs, means 435 Euros!!!! This is insane, if you be honest to yourself.

On the other hand, i´m living next to one of the few sneaker stores that regularly gets all the oversea´s collabs: people would start to campout 4 days ahead for ridiculous 12 pairs to fight for … nahhh, i better work my *** off and spend that extra custom-tax-shipping-**** >>>> sooo excited to get my pairs!!

I wondered the same thing. Seems pointless

id rather hear about shipping talk over talk about order numbers. Some of these guys in here are so fake acting like they are playing it cool by not talking about shipping. All the BE patient talk is comical

I still feel RGs>sages.

If most peeps are feeling sages over the RGs, maybe I can find someone to swap with me once I have in hand.

I'm with you. I think it's just reseller hype. The pink on the bottom isn't a fresh as salmon sole. The colors are not as fresh as mazarine,cove, or Neptune. Not a fan of blending all together. Still, if rf just inversed the stripes to blue grey on outside there would be no talk of sage > RG

Last edited:
Kinda off topic but I still don't get the hype with the LM AJ1's...IMO both models are mad fugly and how they're on peoples top releases is beyond me lol.

Kinda off topic but I still don't get the hype with the LM AJ1's...IMO both models are mad fugly and how they're on peoples top releases is beyond me lol
i also don't understand why people admire gt2s so much and especially the rose golds. they are ok. they are a nice plain red shoe that could easily pass as a GR. i mean i like them but I cannot understand the hype of 1400usd+ for a pair. it is just different taste..

btw.LMs are way better in person and their material quality can be compared with RF's materials used in his collabs

ps: sages are the 2nd best runner so far for me for 2014(1st are the hanon diadoras)

Last edited:
i also don't understand why people admire gt2s so much and especially the rose golds. they are ok. they are a nice plain red shoe that could easily pass as a GR. i mean i like them but I cannot understand the hype of 1400usd+ for a pair. it is just different taste..

GT2's are a simple, clean, silhouette... a straight to the point runner. not a ton of over laying panels, contrasting parts, just clean and simple.

you're dead wrong comparing them to a GR, you won't find suede that buttery on any GR (and from pix, the suede back then was better than what he's been using lately), especially out of asics... nor will you find colors quite like that on GR's (they're not red at all, they're rose gold, grey, and blue, and the way the colors are executed, like the grey stripes being outlined with that lovely blue, that's not something you see on most GR's)...

the hype is mostly due to them being limited back in those days to only 252 pairs worldwide. you don't see a ton of pairs for sale these days, so if they come up, they're getting top dollar from hardcore collectors who will pay it.

i thank god he put out his best efforts back then (IMO, but i am biased, cuz i prefer GL3's and GT2's over V's, and just haven't liked a majority of his colorways in the last 2 years), cuz yeah, they were hard back then too, being so limited, but i managed to score most of his best releases like salmon toes, leatherbacks, rose golds, ultra marine's, etc, for retail, from david z and later kith... but they're even harder now, with over a million jordan heads gunning for 'em nowadays, cuz runners, and RF stuff, is all the rage and hype lately...

Last edited:
GT2's are a simple, clean, silhouette... a straight to the point runner. not a ton of over laying panels, contrasting parts, just clean and simple.

you're dead wrong comparing them to a GR, you won't find suede that buttery on any GR (and from pix, the suede back then was better than what he's been using lately), especially out of asics... nor will you find colors quite like that on GR's (they're not red at all, they're rose gold, grey, and blue, and the way the colors are executed, like the grey stripes being outlined with that lovely blue, that's not something you see on most GR's)...

the hype is mostly due to them being limited back in those days to only 252 pairs worldwide. you don't see a ton of pairs for sale these days, so if they come up, they're getting top dollar from hardcore collectors who will pay it.

i thank god he put out his best efforts back then (IMO, but i am biased, cuz i prefer GL3's and GT2's over V's, and just haven't liked a majority of his colorways in the last 2 years), cuz yeah, they were hard back then too, being so limited, but i managed to score most of his best releases like salmon toes, leatherbacks, rose golds, ultra marine's, etc, for retail, from david z and later kith... but they're even harder now, with over a million jordan heads gunning for 'em nowadays, cuz runners, and RF stuff, is all the rage and hype lately...
well, i did not say that they are not nice or they have quality issues, i don't get that price tag, even being that limited..and i am not a fan of gt2 model anyway. i just used them as a paradigm. 

i will be shot for what i wrote..it is going to explode in my face!

well, i did not say that they are not nice or they have quality issues, i don't get that price tag, even being that limited..and i am not a fan of gt2 model anyway. i just used them as a paradigm. 
i will be shot for what i wrote..it is going to explode in my face!

View media item 1165241

I think it's the nostalgia. The suede on those OG's crazy. Kinda like the super red 2.0. I know in the NW people love it because it's where rf got the inspiration to make the colorway. Portland sunset supposedly. Rose Garden, you get the idea.

Last edited:
Pretty sure there were more than 252 pairs of rose gold GT2s. Those were the numbers for the old David Z releases. Ultra marines had 360 pairs and they came out a year prior. They were still way more limited back then though and I always struck out lol.

Last edited:
i don't get that price tag, even being that limited..

we are agreed on the price... but that's just resellers shooting as high as possible...

none of these asics, even RF's best, or any collab, should be worth more than a couple hundred bucks...

it's just the hype and the limited numbers (which is mostly what got RF to where he is now)...

but that's the name of the game these days...

even given the limited numbers and hype, i don't think any of these asics should be going for over $500... if i had to pay much over $300 - $400 a pair, i prolly wouldn't own any of the older releases i own... $400 was always my limit, even for my most wanted pairs...

I guess it's just supply and demand, but it still seems ridiculous that someone would actually drop more than a thousand bucks for a shoe that in itself isn't worth more than 250 at the most!

even given the limited numbers and hype, i don't think any of these asics should be going for over $500... if i had to pay much over $300 - $400 a pair, i prolly wouldn't own any of the older releases i own... $400 was always my limit, even for my most wanted pairs...
I guess it's just supply and demand, but it still seems ridiculous that someone would actually drop more than a thousand bucks for a shoe that in itself isn't worth more than 250 at the most!
yeah i agree..i never bought something over ~350-400usd..i prefer to buy 2-3 GRs instead :tongue:  or try to cop for retail another limited sneaker i like

i have been trying to get the gl3 knicks for over a year now..impossible to find it at a "normal" reselling price...cheapest i have seen so far(and ships to europe) is 480euros...which is an autopass..i like them but again, when i think that their actual worth is about 100usd...

Its not as if RF was using italian sudes or something with those older releases. From what I can tell its always been pig suede which is the cheapest suede to use on shoes. Companies like asic, New Balance, Saucony use pig suede because of how easy the tanning process is and it holds dye and color extremely well.NONE  of his releases justify those price points. The bottom line is if u have a clown/sucker willing to pay a ridiculous amount for any release by all means take him to the cleaners PERIOD.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom