Ronnie Fieg Collabs - Tracking order link http://shop.kithnyc.com/pages/tracking

hey guys.. ive been lurking around this thread for a long time now. i decided to join and finally post when i saw some of the quality issues on my mints..

the coves should be showing up today.. so ill get a look at those

some of the issues are worse than others..

glue

chalk.. dont mind the dark spot to the left of the "gel lyte v" theres piece of dust on the inside of my lense

chalk in the mesh

this one is the worst..  too much material

i dont REALLY mind this issues because you arent going to be able to see them when they are on my feet

just a little annoying because fieg is all about quality

Just read Ronnie's comments on IG...I don't see anything wrong with what he said. He specifically has things written on his site, and most of you people are going crazy about not receiving this and that without even reading what is already in place...Your shoes will come. I highly doubt that you absolutely need these shoes right now as if you don't have another pair to wear.

You will get some minor (IMO) issues like that even with RF releases. I have some small imperfections on each of mine.

it's going to happen with anything mass produced, just think of it as making your pair a little bit more unique

i hear you guys.. i was expecting some imperfections..  like i said.. i dont really mind them since you cant see the issues when they are on feet

plus i saw someone ask about quality, and everyone is only concerned about when they are gonna ship

Last edited:

hey guys.. ive been lurking around this thread for a long time now. i decided to join and finally post when i saw some of the quality issues on my mints..

the coves should be showing up today.. so ill get a look at those

some of the issues are worse than others..

glue

chalk.. dont mind the dark spot to the left of the "gel lyte v" theres piece of dust on the inside of my lense

chalk in the mesh

this one is the worst..  too much material

i dont REALLY mind this issues because you arent going to be able to see them when they are on my feet

just a little annoying because fieg is all about quality
I will let you know when I find a sneaker that is perfect and free from imperfections. It has yet to happen. Just so you know fieg is about quality materials and obviously has no control over asics manufacturing process. Also, this is probably the first pair of shoes you have paid that close of attention to... man my heart goes out to RF and the stuff he has to deal with on a daily basis. You got to be a strong willed guy to stay in his business. 

Last edited:
fieg is all about quality? the stitching on the mercers. :rofl:. :x. worst impulse buy for me ever. :lol:.

I will let you know when I find a sneaker that is perfect and free from imperfections. It has yet to happen. Just so you know fieg is about quality materials and obviously has no control over asics manufacturing process. Also, this is probably the first pair of shoes you have paid that close of attention to... man my heart goes out to RF and the stuff he has to deal with on a daily basis. You got to be a strong willed guy to stay in his business. 
No kidding.  Just about everything people have questions about or complain about can be found on Kith's website.  Was just reading through those comments on his IG and some of the stuff is just ridiculous and he simply responds in the way any shop owner would.

If people are really that concerned and don't like the Kith process,  don't buy the shoes and they won't have to deal with it

The quality complaints are the ones that are most unjustified. He is not nike. most high end (mercers are not even high end) clothing that is produced locally, in small numbers, or even outsourced as a new pattern, product etc is riddled with imperfections. most people do understand that. As far as his warehouse logistics and shipping delays, those are actually much more warranted, but anybody able to step outside of their own order number and look at the company can see that kith, like EVERY other company, is going through growing pains. They will figure it out.. 

i must say.. i really havent paid attention to much of the other sneakers i get.. i usually only give the "special" sneakers a good once over.. the GRs i dont even bat an eyelash at.. lol

the tiffany highs(even though they were a GR)  i got had marking issues also, but the 6 other GRs i didnt even give it a look over.. i sure there are the same issues.. i guess i hold fieg to a higher standard, especially charging the prices he does on certain stuff

i was ALL about fieg, but hes starting to fall off. he wont "retro" his shoes, but he will use the same colorway on a different shoe

Last edited:
He chooses quality materials, it's not like HE sits there and makes everything himself :smh:
yeah i understand that. but he also has the ability to change manufacturers. at the end of the day, he's not all about quality, a lot of things he needs to consider for bottom line numbers. not sure why you're coming to his defense at light speed.

Those inperfections don't look too bad.  Seen a lot worse on nike stuff.  As another NT'r mentioned, no perfect sneaker out there, but have to say most made in US 998s for me are almost close to perfection.

24k will have the mints, so it looks like both pairs will see a wider release if anyone was curious. Solebox and hanon will have the coves...

Can anyone tell me how long the rope laces are in size 11.5 GLIII's and GLV's? I'm not sure if I should get 48 or 51in.

I always get flaws in my kicks. Like 7 out of 10 times lol. My Daytonas look like B-Grades. Left shoe's toe has furry looking suede thats barely perforated, bumpy, and a little lighter than the right side. I still rock em, but it hurts me to look at them sometimes. Rest of my Asics releases from Ronnie have been good. Miami ECPs are just amazing quality to me and I hope the pigskin on these GLVs is similar.

Where's that pic where the guy received his Daytona's with mold already growing on the shoe? 
sick.gif

Back
Top Bottom