Rookie Moves You Made As A Newbie

Quote:
Copping general releases and then thinking the value would go up for re-sell if kept em DS :smh:
smh.gif
:lol:
laugh.gif
....and I Stays around J's like I's and K's

passing on the XI blk/red retros, buying fake XI jams for 100 bucks, passing on all XVII-XXI when on sale
been in this game for too long, but love keeps me coming back

Letting my friend wear MY Deadstock laney 5's to his work..(which happened to be Niketown), on "favorite shoe day".

yea. BIG mistake.

Shoes came back creased, dirty, and kinda smelled. SMH
smh.gif
I was like Jeez man, Run a marathon in these!?!
Last time I ever let him wear my sneaks...
You see whats on my feet? Yea, its called heat. You can look, but you cant touch.

i wasn't even into shoes when i made this mistake, but when i a little kid, living in africa, my father bought me some concord XI. I didn't know what they were so i played soccer in them EVERY DAY!..n beat em to the ground. I was also amused by the squeaking sound they made on the basketball court so I would drag my feet, to hear the sound, destroying the shoes completly

Ha i have a rookie move that may top all you guys.. back in the day when i was in High School(around 01 / 02)... i wanted the OG IV's bad. I mean REAL BAD!!!! So i traded a DS white / blue XVII's, VNDS charcoal grey X's, NDS Olympic VI's, and a 7/10 pair of White / red XII's for 1 pair of DS OG IV ebay feedback

Well, I've couple mistakes in my rookie year (2004).Passing on the white/red retro 2's, white/carolina 12's, white/wheat 13 & black/red 13's.I had a huge opportunity on the white/cement 3's & white/red-black 8's in 2003, but I wasn't really into buying sneaker until I started high school and I just started working at that time. I regret it every time I look at my collection. :smh:
smh.gif

Back in 93 or 94 when I first collecting....passed on the Chicago X to buy a pair of Aquas. I guess it was ok cause I got the Aquas for $40.

passing on retro 1s (black/royal blue) that were 49.99$ FSR, and infared 6s that were 79.99$ FSR............both prices are canadian by the way.............i was just like, oh........jordan as in michael.............SMH
TeamLakersLoyalty is a beautiful thing
teamautobot​
T R A N S F O R M E R S​

Ginger XVIs were on clearance for at least six months straight in several shops, at half price. Didn't bother with them, and now i regret it.

Wore my XVIIIs down badly, same with my Black/Red XI Retros.

Quote:
Although at this time in sneaker culcher having the old model Jordan made you look somehow un- cool in school, oh how times have changed.

..and now people catch grief for wearing new ones instead.
Air Jordan Retro: You can't go back.

Quote:
passing on retro 1s (black/royal blue) that were 49.99$ FSR
>:
mad.gif
>:
mad.gif
>:
mad.gif
I never sleep...so I'm living my dreams...

WE HAVE NO LS IN NEBRASKA!!!

F/S/T DS OLNL 10.5, Retro Concords 10.5 , and Cardinal VII 11.5

choosing vc2's over wht/red viii's
Team49ers
XVI . XIX . XXIII . XXIV . XXIX
If that's what's crackin or we can play this on All-Madden​

What's up, NT'ers, long time reader 1st time poster. Newbie move was in '94/'95. Sportmart Chicago. Parents said: "Choose any shoe you like." I had a choice between the Nike Ndestrukts in black/purple or the Jordan X shadows. Went with the Ndestrukts. I still can't figure that one out...Oh, and opting to trust a local footaction to hold my Olympic VI's when I had a guy in Niketown who was going to do the transaction for me over the phone. When I went to footaction, he never even got them in; a call would have been nice. When I called back my Niketown guy, they were all sold out. :frown:
frown.gif

The only newbie move I made was buying J's that I don't need.
TEAM XBOX360​
.:Flowsomuch:.​
TeamLakers
LAKER FANS, FEELIN' YOU!​
TEAMSANDIEGOCHARGERS

My first mistake was tradin my Cool Grey XIs and my Zoom Kobe 1s with an Enyce Polo for some Flint Grey VIIs......
Second mistake was Seliing my Green Bean Vs for 85$ to buy a pair of Zoom Lebrons Vs, then a month later the Lebrons went on sale.....

I am still a rook but am catching on quickly, i have always worn jordans but never worried about keeping them fresh until about a year or a year and a half ago, one mistake i made was buying a pair of sz 12 V grapes for 186 dollars from a guy with (1) feedback score, the pics were legit so i thought they were good to go, and even after talking to the guy and asking him if i would actually recieve the shoes in the pic (not tagged) he said he couldnt guarantee that but i wanted the shoes so bad i payed anyway, 10 days later i got a big fat pair of fakes... :smh:
smh.gif
:smh:
smh.gif
"These are my new shoes. They're good shoes. They won't make you rich like me, they won't make you rebound like me, they definitely won't make you handsome like me. They'll only make you have shoes like me. That's it." ~ Charles Barkley commercial 1993. WHODEY!!! Rudi Chad Carson and a BIG WILLIE

Buying Ice Blue X's on impulse, and beating my black cement III's to death, with the Nike Air on the back
Don't care for Nike Air cuz I've been fly from the +Jump+..+man+...

I started collecting in 94, and I look at these as my most memorable boneheaded moves. :lol:
laugh.gif
TeamS.Carolina
What's a sneaker boutique?

TEAM PS3
PLAY B3YOND

I hate that I missed those steals of the mid-90's I was still wearin L.A. Gear Lite-Ups :wow:
embarassed.gif

Bump it up I know there's more "D'OH!!!" out there...

Dumping my Jordans for lowball prices cuz they got scuffed or scratched (98-00) :rolleyes
eyes.gif

Back
Top Bottom