***RUMOR: Jay-Z Blackballed Chris Brown MJ Tribute at BET Awards***

NotoriousLEEdope

formerly dapimpjuice4ya
http://bossip.com/126635/...performance/#more-126635

A Bossip reader dropped a dime about Breezy'sabsence from the MJ tribute at last night's BET Awards show. Hov threatened to pull out of the show if Breezy stepped anywhere near the BET stage.

Pop the top for more
Chris had been rehearsing and everything and Jay-Z pulled the plug on him single-handedly because everyone (record label, execs, etc) gave BET the ok for Chris to perform. I know as a fan of Michael's I was disappointed because even though Chris is going through all that mess with Rhi-Rhi he is a Great performer and he will never be Michael Jackson but he is the most like him right now.

What do you guys think about this??? Not sure how true this is but if it is true then Jay comes out looking like a punk....

I wouldn't expect any unbiased discussions about Jay Z around here.

With that said, %%@% Chris Brown anyway.....

Nah

CB comes out looking like a punk. He needs to take an L. Public figures are just held to a higher standard. They just are. CB actually got off light for tahtlittle stunt too (granted I know rihanna probably started the fight but...).

Dude its a touchy subject anyways. He just got sentenced and all that too. Thats not the type of image you want to be mudding up like that. Dude needs sometime off.

Just because MJJ is dead doesn't mean that CB has to perform.

I agree with Jay-Z. If BET was strugging with their decision, I agree with them doing what Jigga may have suggested if this is true.

laugh.gif

but dammitt I wanted a dance tribute! I know it'll come soon enough though...but didn't know Jay had pull like that.

Originally Posted by I Drink Your Milkshake

laugh.gif

but dammitt I wanted a dance tribute! I know it'll come soon enough though...but didn't know Jay had pull like that.

I bet you drive X5s too...
roll.gif

But yeah...there will be more tributes. I'm sure there will even be a JUST michael jackson tribute. Don't forget the Grammy's, MTV Awards, AMAs,World Music Awards...etc...

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

Nah

CB comes out looking like a punk. He needs to take an L. Public figures are just held to a higher standard. They just are. CB actually got off light for taht little stunt too (granted I know rihanna probably started the fight but...).

Dude its a touchy subject anyways. He just got sentenced and all that too. Thats not the type of image you want to be mudding up like that. Dude needs some time off.

I agree with Jay-Z. If BET was strugging with their decision, I agree with them doing what Jigga may have suggested if this is true.
I completely understand what you're saying but is it really Jay's business to pull this kind of move?? That's my whole point about thething. What Chris did was totally wrong and I'm not condoning that at all but who are we to say that the guy doesn't deserve a second chance???

Jay is my DUDE, no hmo, BUT if this is true than i AM PISSED!!! I was really hoping to see a dance tribute. I was actually thinking it would've beenCRAZY dope to have Omarion, Usher, Chris Brown and Ginuwine all do a famous MJ dance routine.

Originally Posted by dapimpjuice4ya

Nah

CB comes out looking like a punk. He needs to take an L. Public figures are just held to a higher standard. They just are. CB actually got off light for taht little stunt too (granted I know rihanna probably started the fight but...).

Dude its a touchy subject anyways. He just got sentenced and all that too. Thats not the type of image you want to be mudding up like that. Dude needs some time off.

I completely understand what you're saying but is it really Jay's business to pull this kind of move?? That's my whole point about the thing. What Chris did was totally wrong and I'm not condoning that at all but who are we to say that the guy doesn't deserve a second chance???
If Jay-Z did it, so be it.

I can go another day without a dance tribute, and i LOVE MJJ.

CB should just not even be considered. Nothing is that big for him to be needed like that. Performing is a priviledge First and Foremost. He hasn't eventried to comeback with any music yet so jumping on stage is just the ultimate risk from an entertainment exec POV i would think...

<>

I can believe it. Makes Jay look kinda bad tho. But hey he is Billion Dollar Hov. Who really gonna say we choosing a CB performance over Jay dropping a Vid andperforming in the same night (especially right before BP3 which is almost certified to be one of the best albums in 09)

It woulda been great to actually see a DANCE performance on the show last night and Chris Brown would have been the best to do it. But timing is everything, hejust got sentenced less than a week ago, no way in the world is he ready to be back in the spotlight already. He needs to be punished, like it or not. If thisis true and Jay has power like that then
eek.gif

We know MTV will one up BET and have CB, Usher and JT on there though cuz they got months to prepare.

Originally Posted by I Drink Your Milkshake

laugh.gif

I bet you drive X5s too...
roll.gif

But yeah...there will be more tributes. I'm sure there will even be a JUST michael jackson tribute. Don't forget the Grammy's, MTV Awards, AMAs, World Music Awards...etc...

uuuuuuuuhhhmmmmm

what's an X5?
embarassed.gif
embarassed.gif
embarassed.gif

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

It woulda been great to actually see a DANCE performance on the show last night and Chris Brown would have been the best to do it. But timing is everything, he just got sentenced less than a week ago, no way in the world is he ready to be back in the spotlight already. He needs to be punished, like it or not. If this is true and Jay has power like that then
eek.gif

We know MTV will one up BET and have CB, Usher and JT on there though cuz they got months to prepare.

Its as if by default BET will continue to take the L.
roll.gif

forreal forreal, *$#@ chris brown with his punk %@@ self and *$#@ jay with his fruity %@@ d.o.a. **%*+$** ... both them dudes are bunz right now

Originally Posted by 36 OUNCES

smh.gif
....Jay b'made for that IMO.

Yeah I agree...

...and that woulda been a great opportunity for CB to redeem himself.

People should always be held accountable for their actions, but they also deserve a second chance.

Originally Posted by ILL LEGAL OPERATION

Originally Posted by 36 OUNCES

smh.gif
....Jay b'made for that IMO.

Yeah I agree...

...and that woulda been a great opportunity for CB to redeem himself.

People should always be held accountable for their actions, but they also deserve a second chance.
I don't think that he should be banned from the industry...the people will decide if they want him back or not...

I am saying though that dude is too young and immature right now (obviously cause of his situation...) and his cards just aint laid out right now. Youcan't redeem yourself when you got sentenced less than a week ago.

BET should have stepped in...NOT Jay-Z.

I mean it was JUST in February that all that mess went down. If you're a network and you're gonna preach about the ills of domestic violence, then whyhave CB perform THIS EARLY?

Stupid move by BET...but not surprising.

I'd like to see what y'all would do if someone beat your sister's !$# (whether she started it or not). Also fam just beat his case, hasn't evenbeen a month yet so he should just fall back & relax. & if he did perform would the awards have been that much better?.

Originally Posted by gone in 60 seconds

I'd like to see what y'all would do if someone beat your sister's !$# (whether she started it or not). Also fam just beat his case, hasn't even been a month yet so he should just fall back & relax. & if he did perform would the awards have been that much better?.

Fight him back or let the courts handle it...I'd be pissed no doubt, but I still wouldn't wanna keep him from earning a living years down the line...

Like I said he !#$@%% up and should be held accountable for what he did, but I'd hate to see the industry "Michael Vick" him...

You gotta good point about him just beatin' the case though...I ain't even think about that...I could see how somebody would feel like it's toosoon if you look at it from that angle...

Back
Top Bottom