RUN with US on INSTAGRAM #NTrunning (NikeTalkRunning)

Yo...copped a rolling stick.

:smokin

Its da troof fam. Been having sore calves/legs lately and this feels SO good. Been having some nice veins in my calves from this running and training so I know im putting in the work, never cared to "take care" of my legs besides stretching though. Man I feel like I got a new pair of legs. :lol:

I'm glad it helped you as much as it helped me :pimp:
I def think it's something that should be picked up at the same time along with a pair of running shoes that are fitted for you. For every new runner that is

Last edited:
Almost soreness relief. When I hurt my lower back I used the foam roller at the gym to relieve some pain. It did relieve some tension and with the combination of rest I believe I did heal faster.

Im planning to use this daily, especially before and after my runs. Stretching isnt enough IMO. I have a friend who paces for Nike and she sweats by it too.

Honestly ive always wanted to get one but I was being cheap and lazy. :lol:

Injury prevention is something I wanna get big on, im not getting any younger put it that way.

Not trying short cut you guys from going out and purchasing the necessities needed for proper massage methods, but here's what I did. I stumble across this video of this guy which is using a massage tool and some household objects that do good as well.

Which in my case I had this up in my cabinet not being used. It works well for me as I take some towels to prop my leg up and use the tin thermal to massage my calf. It also helps because the thermal has a groove in which I place my calf so it contours to the back of my calf.

Then I found this vid....

So I went and purchase a pool noodle for $3 bucks. I have to cut the noodle down some. I haven't massage the front part of my shin yet. I even seen on one vid a guy using a kitchen roller pin to soothe his legs. Anyway, these two inexpensive items help me out a good bit before I actually went and spend a lot on other items. So definitely go the inexpensive route first and if that don't work move onto the more professional tools.

Last edited:
I used a rolling foam as well based on the recommendation of my PT for issues that Ive had with my back.

the thing works wonders and a whole lot cheaper than seeing a chiropractor :lol:

Ran 5.2 this morning in pouring rain.  I know it's June 1, but I had to actually break out the Hyperwarm tights.  Not what I planned on.

Also had my first run in the Lunarglide 6 Flash - those things really do keep your feet dry.  Cushioning started out stiff, but started to feel better in Mile 3.  Definitely a keeper pair for days like today.

UPDATE: so there still that pain when i try running. its been close to a month and the pain is less and less. so i decided to buy a brace to wear at work and when i work out. hit the stationary bike and stretched yesterday and did the elliptical, usually when i hit the half mile mark the pain starts popping, but this time pain free, and last night there was no soreness. gonna jog today in a treadmill, wish me luck fellas.

UPDATE: so there still that pain when i try running. its been close to a month and the pain is less and less. so i decided to buy a brace to wear at work and when i work out. hit the stationary bike and stretched yesterday and did the elliptical, usually when i hit the half mile mark the pain starts popping, but this time pain free, and last night there was no soreness. gonna jog today in a treadmill, wish me luck fellas.

No luck needed... As long as you continue to find ways to help yourself along the way you're good. I myself probably need a knee brace for work. Standing up for 10 hours a day can be unpleasant to your knees. Just make sure you stretch good and give your muscles a good massage after workouts and jogging. This definitely help me out.

First run in the Vom4s in over four years... They definitely felt like pillow tanks! I've been feeling pretty sluggish lately. I know it's my diet :/

For this week's #NTrunningChallenge...

Last edited:

First run in the Vom4s in over four years... They definitely felt like pillow tanks! I've been feeling pretty sluggish lately. I know it's my diet :/

For this week's #NTrunningChallenge...
I felt the same way you do. Over the weekend I ate more then I normally do at a cookout. When I got home, I ran those 4 miles to burn off the bad calories. One of the best iterations of the Vomero line. I would keep those on ice. You want find thise anywhere now. Or better yet.. What size do you wear.... Let me get those Vomeros lol. Just kidding...

Wish I could log my runs with tagging my shoe pics... Loving the screenshots...
Clocked 3 miles for this evening...

Hahah

Nice run, alsa!

Here's another contribution to this week's #NTrunningChallenge

My power song for the run... Guile's Stage Theme... It goes with everything! Hahah

Are they loud and have heavy bass??

The only earphones i ever use are skullcandy bcuz of those 2 things but i really like the cordless and lightweight factor of the ones u posted.

just got these in the mail. they seem nice, will know for sure tomorrow :nerd:

Those look DOPE! Let us know how they are. I'm getting tired of my BT MEElectronic set because it tends to skip. #annoyingashellwhenitrytobuildupmomentum [emoji]128529[/emoji]

Just saw that they're waterproof too! [emoji]128561[/emoji] I've ruined sets in each race I've run because I always dump water on my head (after I briefly remove them)...

Last edited:
I use the JBL Synchros Reflect BT - my brother gave them to me for my birthday, and when I finally switched to the bigger earbud, I love them. 3M cord, sweat-proof, great sound...

Are they loud and have heavy bass??

The only earphones i ever use are skullcandy bcuz of those 2 things but i really like the cordless and lightweight factor of the ones u posted.

I would recommend searching for more in depth reviews about the music quality online to be honest. I only use apple headphones :lol:. When I run, I use some crappy Adidas running ones that I got for $20. I don't like listening to music loud, never have. Wouldn't say they have heavy bass though. I wouldn't say the quality is bad, way better than the Adidas I use and sound good to me

These don't go inside the ear canals either. they are like oem apple earbuds (which i think are more comfortable)

Those look DOPE! Let us know how they are. I'm getting tired of my BT MEElectronic set because it tends to skip. #annoyingashellwhenitrytobuildupmomentum [emoji]128529[/emoji]

Just saw that they're waterproof too! [emoji]128561[/emoji] I've ruined sets in each race I've run because I always dump water on my head (after I briefly remove them)...

Yeah, that's a huge reason why I got them. Almost all of the ones I researched were only sweat proof, but weren't advertised as water proof.

Will post back tomorrow how they were.

Last edited:
My calf has been giving me problems lately. Running hard + standing at work for hours at a time is taking a toll. This stick roller is helping but I think im gonna take it easy for a week or two (running a mile here and there) til it gets a bit better.

My calf has been giving me problems lately. Running hard + standing at work for hours at a time is taking a toll. This stick roller is helping but I think im gonna take it easy for a week or two (running a mile here and there) til it gets a bit better.
Definitely listen to your body.  If you don't have a race tomorrow, you can rest and work back into it when you're ready.

Back
Top Bottom