RUN with US on INSTAGRAM #NTrunning (NikeTalkRunning)

Due to the -20something tomorrow, I'll have to run 14 on a treadmill.  So I ran 5 on a treadmill today to get used to it, and the Vivoactive was pretty accurate.  The last time I tried a treadmill with my phone and Nike+ I was something like .1 off every mile.  The only thing I noticed was that I ran at 7.2 for 4 miles, and slowed to 7.0 for the fifth mile, and the GPS didn't really adjust to such a small change, and so it was a little off at the end (0.03).

I still hate treadmills.  But sometimes you have to be smart.

Last edited:
Have a 13 mile run planned for tomorrow. I'll make it 13.1 just because :D

-20 degrees :wow:

Cannot imagine even stepping outside let alone running 14 miles.

I find it interesting that with all the technology that Nike has at their disposal,

Galen Rupp (still) had to resort to:

"cut-the-singlet-with-a-pair-of-scissors-for-better-ventilation"

as he went on to win the 2016 U.S. Olympic Marathon Trials in Los Angeles 
roll.gif

(this has been done multiple times before of course)

Made it all 14 on the treadmill - but the watch was not nearly as accurate today.  Or, it was, and the treadmill wasn't.  I don't even know anymore.  It was -11 without the windchill, so I did what I could.  Now, because it's New England, it will be near 50 on Tuesday, because that's actually not that weird for us.

It's unreal that Rupp won in his first ever official marathon.  I didn't know you could qualify for the Olympic trials for an event that you've never actually competed in, but when you run a 1.01 half marathon, they might as well let you try it, right?  This was an interesting story, too:

http://fittish.deadspin.com/the-things-you-dont-see-at-the-olympic-marathon-trials-1758867531

EDITED TO ADD - also, there was a Chocolate Heart Badge today, so that was cool.

Last edited:
I love the running metrics that my VA provides me with. Other than pace, I've taken a greater interest in my cadence since I started running with a garmin.

Ive gathered that most elites have their cadence the 200s. I'm in the low to mid 180s most of the time.

Last edited:
I just seen that these might be making a comeback. If so I'm in for a couple pairs. I alway wanted these shoes way back. Now that I run a little, I wanna test them out.

This was a post in Nike talks Zoom air appreciation post back in 2014. I'm hoping if Nike decides to make changes they don't mess with the zoom air.

If anybody is interested Disney added registration spots for all Dark Side races in April. 5K, 10K, Half, and Challenge bibs are available for a limited time.

I want that Tie Fighter medal so bad... but the 10k doesn't seem to be available anymore. [emoji]128532[/emoji]

Nevertheless, thanks for the heads up.

My VA has been a hit or a miss lately with accuracy. For my latest, it was definitely a MISS (with the exception of the last 2-3 miles). I felt like I had negative splits throughout the whole run. I certainly know that I wasn't running a 9'30-10'00/mile pace for the first couple of miles... AND I was running a mile each lane. It had me running all over the place. :stoneface: :smh: I think my phone might be more accurate than my VA. >:

Time to start saving for the Fenix 3 HR...

Last edited:
Wow, that's terrible.  I ran 16 in a group run on Saturday, and my VA was buzzing at the same time every other watch was beeping, so I was doing OK that day.  I know it gets a little lost when I run under trees, but my phone did, too.  No excuse for a track like that, though.

It was pretty clear out too. :frown: I really want the Fenix 3 HR, or basically any Garmin with the GLONASS reception for that extra coverage and accuracy even more now. :smh:

-edit-
Just saw my replay run on the NIKE+ site. The first five miles were WAAAAAY off the track. After that, my route looked to follow the correct route. :smh:

Last edited:
Are you running before your gps says it's ready? Mine was doing the all over the place thing if I pressed start before it said ready 

kev / jhow: I was messing around with my VA, and I discovered that it IS GLONASS capable!!! I haven't tried it out yet, but you can pair it with GPS in the sensors options.

Action > Settings > Sensors > GLONASS

Last edited:
kev / jhow: I was messing around with my VA, and I discovered that it IS GLONASS capable!!! I haven't tried it out yet, but you can pair with GPS in the sensors options.

Action > Settings > Sensors > GLONASS
Awesome, thanks!  Just did it.

On another note, I ran my 16 miles yesterday in Boston with the Nike Run Club.  I don't know how you city runners deal with constantly stopping at intersections.  It drove me nuts.

This whole time I had it disabled [emoji]128517[/emoji]

City runs are all right if you don't mind the stoplights. Otherwise, your momentum gets killed frequently [emoji]128078[/emoji]

Been running for over a year last 2 months i have been lazy didnt run at all starting back this month,

Last edited:
This whole time I had it disabled [emoji]128517[/emoji]

City runs are all right if you don't mind the stoplights. Otherwise, your momentum gets killed frequently [emoji]128078[/emoji]
I liked everything else about the run - the scenery (buildings, waterfront), the scenery (the women).  Just hated stopping at crosswalks.  

The midsole and outsole of the new lunarepic looks very similar to the two consecutive samples that Nike sent me to try out [emoji]128077[/emoji][emoji]127996[/emoji]

Last edited:
I'm sure I tested a prototype only (2x though), but it's quite different and distinct from the lg8. In terms of material, design and feel etc.

edit that: you're right, they are similar, I was comparing to the older lunarglides.

I just saw the new lg, it looks like the two pairs I was testing.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom