RUN with US on INSTAGRAM #NTrunning (NikeTalkRunning)

All right, the OP was just updated with "OUR ROSTER".

I pretty much added the IG regulars and the few who stated their info on this page... Looking to build it up! :nthat:

Last edited:
Bros. I am not #NTRunning worthy.

First run I've had in years and I basically murdered my legs and only logged in a little over a mile in 30. |I
I ran real early in the AM and I'm feeling the soreness up to now. :lol:

It does feel good to be back up running, though.
I have to work on pulling numbers like you guys. :D

-Drew

Dont. Never let the numbers get to you. We all start somewhere. In all honesty, as bad as it sounds, being in a competition made me want to run more whether NT or with friends. But since Nike+ stopped those I've ran less.

Well that and I haven't ran since my full marathon in Jan 2013. Almost 2 years lol. Want to start it up again though

Nike+ - le14
Instagram - _jle

Dont. Never let the numbers get to you. We all start somewhere. In all honesty, as bad as it sounds, being in a competition made me want to run more whether NT or with friends. But since Nike+ stopped those I've ran less.

Well that and I haven't ran since my full marathon in Jan 2013. Almost 2 years lol. Want to start it up again though

Nike+ - le14
Instagram - _jle

I completely AGREE! Keep it up, Drew!

When I started running, I struggled to run one mile without stopping.

:nthat: keep it up drew

First run I've had in years and I basically murdered my legs and only logged in a little over a mile in 30. |I

-Drew

Nike+ - le14
Instagram - _jle

Nike+ - le14
Instagram - _jle

I completely AGREE! Keep it up, Drew!

When I started running, I struggled to run one mile without stopping.

Thanks for all the support NT running fam. I repped all of you guys! This thread inspired me to take up the hobby again. :nthat:

Much appreciated to all of you! I'll be adding everyone on Nike+ once I'm back home.

I have a question about the Nike+ app, though. When I was running with the app on I noticed that it would pause my run every time I would go to the music app to switch a song. Is there some sort of option to turn that off?

Much thanks again, all! :nthat:

-Drew

Quick question for you guys. I currently run twice a week 5 miles each time at around 9' 20" a mile. Would I have enough training time to run half marathon in July? Or is that to soon.

Last edited:
Hmmmm... You can do both. I'd stick to your twice a week scheduling but increase the mileage by one mile every week then taper down and up and back down before your race.

I have a question about the Nike+ app, though. When I was running with the app on I noticed that it would pause my run every time I would go to the music app to switch a song. Is there some sort of option to turn that off?

Much thanks again, all! :nthat:

-Drew

I'm not sure how to turn that off but mine allows me to switch songs without pausing my run

Last edited:

-Drew

Have you tried toggling off the "Music Tied to Run Controls" setting?

-Drew

Have you tried toggling off the "Music Tied to Run Controls" setting?

I can't seem to find that option on the iOS version :/ Where do you see that option, Ray?

-Drew

I'm on an older NIKE+ version on iOS. Here's what I see on mine...

Try toggling off the "Pause Music when run is paused" setting. I think they're the same setting just differently worded.

-Drew

keep at it man! there are tons of people just sitting on their butts, so you already a lot better than them.

-Drew

keep at it man! there are tons of people just sitting on their butts, so you already a lot better than them.

Thanks, brother!

Yeah I've been guilty for just sitting on my behind the past few years. :lol:

I just had to come back. I started to worry about my health lol.

I tried adding you on Nike+ bro, but I'm not sure which one is you. There were quite a number of people with the name Gene N. :nerd:

-Drew

Just did a mile during lunch and was so close to getting my mile under 8 minutes.. 8.03 minute mile :smh: did a light work out afterwards

You're almost there! Keep hitting those 3-5milers! When you have about a quarter mile left or less, turn up the tempo and use up everything in your tank for a dead sprint.

Ray, you recommend just an overall faster tempo or do a comfortable tempo with short bursts of speed (pace on the turns and bursts at the straights on a track). I think bursts on the straights is "better" but I tend to get winded and feel I slow down after the burst. Im thinking just an overall faster tempo would be more beneficial. Trying to have a 7:45 pace for a 2 mile, and a 3 miler under 25 min.

You're almost there! Keep hitting those 3-5milers! When you have about a quarter mile left or less, turn up the tempo and use up everything in your tank for a dead sprint.

Thanks bro, I've been working out legs and doing insanity in hopes of increasing speed.

Need to hit the field soon to do sprints :lol:

Ray, you recommend just an overall faster tempo or do a comfortable tempo with short bursts of speed (pace on the turns and bursts at the straights on a track). I think bursts on the straights is "better" but I tend to get winded and feel I slow down after the burst. Im thinking just an overall faster tempo would be more beneficial. Trying to have a 7:45 pace for a 2 mile, and a 3 miler under 25 min.

I'd prefer the overall tempo, but, in order to get there, I think you have to build up your endurance first. So, doing that comfortable pace with the short bursts would be a nice start, IMO.

Also remember to shorten your stride

Last edited:
The one with the Orange / White Swoosh avy [emoji]128526[/emoji]

Thanks Ray! Just requested him. :smokin

My Nike+ is Meangene4 the rock is profile pic.

Ig Meangene4 I don't post much but on it every day.

Sent you a request on Nike+, brother. :smokin

Just did a mile during lunch and was so close to getting my mile under 8 minutes.. 8.03 minute mile :smh: did a light work out afterwards

That's beastly in my eyes. :wow:

-Drew

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom