RZA Claims 'All Lives Matter' And Says More Black Men Should 'Clean Up'

So because I'm black I can't wear a hoodie???

He's saying you can wear a hoody if you're black but you'll be dumb for doing so since that's exactly what cops check for. He's not really making any bold claims here, though a lot of SJW's seem to love taking the moral high ground at every step.

Last edited:
Stick to the music, RZA.

Matter of fact, please don't even do that.  I'm not trying to hear movie scores in my hip-hop.  

Hey man... **** THE RZA!!! Straight like that. That is the definition of selling out. It just happened right before our eyes folks.

So lemme get this straight, this sucka *** ***** hustled us all by selling the image in his music that it's cool to wear hoodies/baggy clothes/Timbs or NIKEs and made Wu Wear to capitalize off of THAT specific message and THEN authored the WU Manual, explaining to people all over the world how to (among other things) dress "hip hop", because supposedly we as a people/culture have talent and something to contribute DESPITE how the world views us...

And then after this ***** snatched up every penny he possibly could, sold his last great piece of work to a narcissistic ******* and alienated his group in doing so, his "aha" moment is "you know y'all negroes need to dress like "men" and not boys.

This rant is days late, but nah, **** you RZA. You lost a fan.

Last edited:

In before people call him a sellout
“If I’m a cop and every time I see a young black youth, whether I watch them on TV, movies, or just see them hanging out, and they’re not looking properly dressed, properly refined, you know, carrying himself, conducting himself proper hours of the day -- things that a man does, you’re going to have a certain fear and stereotype of them,” he said. “I tell my sons, I say, ‘if you’re going somewhere, you don’t have to wear a hoodie -- we live in New York, so a hoodie and all that is all good. But sometimes, you know, button up your shirt. Clean up. Look like a young man. You’re not a little kid.”
Did you quote his in his defense?

Because I know you know that makes him sound even worse.

-This is some top shelf cornballin. Straight up disgusted wit dude
No, I actually disagree wholeheartedly with his statement and how hypocritical he sounds.

Edit: But I admit I have to check out this whole interview.

Last edited:
He's not even black to be discussing this. So gonna take it as racism.

tumblr_lo3ah4wgio1qd8xcmo1_500.jpg

im just sick of n_'s putting on these f'n non prescription glasses to make whoevers watching think theyre scholars or some ****.

you wanna be perceived as an intellectual? read a f'n book.

This is one of the dumbest things I've read in some time.

People are allowed to dress however they please and if anyone's to blame it's the terrible racist cops.

This clown is basically defending racial profiling 
mean.gif

This coming from a dude whose group popularized wearing ski masks and hoodies. Look at some of the old skool wu tang videos. Dudes looked scary AF rolling like 50 deep

He somewhat has a point. At the same time he needs to keep his mouth closed. Brotha done lost his senses.

With all the hate and anger towards RZA, people are ignoring the real issue, WHY DOES HE EVEN HAVE TO SAY THIS? What is going on in society where he even has to tell this to his children? That's what people really need to get upset about, but u know, pick your battles.

Cats gotta stop frontin and realize, in the United States of America, and worldwide, those with "black" skin will be stereotyped and seen as a threat, especially when not dressed to fit a certain look that makes the dominate race feel comfortable.

U god, inspectah deck, masta killa , odb and capadonna rollin over in their graves.

He somewhat has a point. At the same time he needs to keep his mouth closed. Brotha done lost his senses.
Its an asinine, this is basically the same point Geraldo tried to make about Trayvon martin. Contrary to popular belief, there isnt a dress code for criminals.

He dropped gems for the youth. Take the positives out of what he said. "All lives matter" "Clean up" "Carry and conduct yourself as a young man"

It's kind of funny how people can spin a blurb into a million different ways.

This wasn't Rza s keys to avoid all discrimination/profiling

This wasn't a 30 minute interview on police brutality.

If you watch the interview and see how they arrived to that statement maybe you would see it a bit different

No he wasn't saying this will end police brutality at all.

Last edited:
He really just sounds like your typical older black parent who doesn't **** with the hip hop culture, but kinda tough coming from the dude partly responsible for a lot of NYC hoodie culture. He's angling at something, kinda corny how he's going about it.

Its cold out, is a bubble coat and skullys acceptable? Or do I have to show the tucked in shirt?

In before people call him a sellout

“If I’m a cop and every time I see a young black youth, whether I watch them on TV, movies, or just see them hanging out, and they’re not looking properly dressed, properly refined, you know, carrying himself, conducting himself proper hours of the day -- things that a man does, you’re going to have a certain fear and stereotype of them,” he said. “I tell my sons, I say, ‘if you’re going somewhere, you don’t have to wear a hoodie -- we live in New York, so a hoodie and all that is all good. But sometimes, you know, button up your shirt. Clean up. Look like a young man. You’re not a little kid.”

Did you quote his in his defense?

Because I know you know that makes him sound even worse.

-This is some top shelf cornballin. Straight up disgusted wit dude

I was about to say the same, this made him look even worse :lol:

You can still be racially profiled dressed up. Clothing has little bearing on changing peoples perception of you if they are already racist. Is he teaching his children that other kids will get away with doing it more often and that he shouldn't complain or try to change that?

If I go to a luxury store in a pair of jeans and a hoody, some workers may have the perception that I'm up to no good. Why? Because I want to be comfortable while I'm out shopping and running errands? If Joe Schmo white guy walks in the same store with cargo shorts and an LL Bean fitted on he wouldn't be as scrutinized and probably looked at as buying something for his wife.

Should I have worn a buttoned shirt and slacks when all I was doing that day was dropping my car off at the shop, getting Orange Julius at the mall and dropped into a store on my way out?

That's really not how it works when the art world meets business.

Was meeting for lunch a stipulation for Rza to sell to someone or was that an added perk to paying so much for copping the album?
:lol: Well dude is dumb so that's not a surprise and him bragging that he didn't listen to it is just to annoy and piss off actual fans.

I can see why Rza didn't google dude. I mean it's not like every rich dude got googleable dirt on them.

To me it'd make more sense to pay all that money for unreleased Wu tracks from the 90s that were compiled together as an album; unheard of ODB verses, alternate extended version of Triumph, verses from members that weren't on classic tracks like Winter Warz or Indy 500, etc.

They met prior to Shkreli buying the album. RZA had every opportunity to find out who Shkreli was. Shkreli didn't make an offer until 60 days later.

IDK Shkreli has been on the news pretty regularly, so either RZA just doesn't keep up with current events whatsoever or he just outright didn't give a ****.

Either way he seems none too bothered with it.

This coming from the same dude who once said that blacks should have the courage to shoot at cops instead of each other?
Hey man... **** THE RZA!!! Straight like that. That is the definition of selling out. It just happened right before our eyes folks.

So lemme get this straight, this sucka *** ***** hustled us all by selling the image in his music that it's cool to wear hoodies/baggy clothes/Timbs or NIKEs and made Wu Wear to capitalize off of THAT specific message and THEN authored the WU Manual, explaining to people all over the world how to (among other things) dress "hip hop", because supposedly we as a people/culture have talent and something to contribute DESPITE how the world views us...

And then after this ***** snatched up every penny he possibly could, sold his last great piece of work to a narcissistic ******* and alienated his group in doing so, his "aha" moment is "you know y'all negroes need to dress like "men" and not boys.

This rant is days late, but nah, **** you RZA. You lost a fan.

Damn

For the record I love hoodies an I see white men my age wear hoodies all the time

It's part of casual style of dress you obviously dress different for different occasions

Cleaning up your look should be something every young man wants to do. Dressing up just to be hanging out on the block is dumb but hanging out on the block is dumb within itself . Dudes need to stop hanging around so many other dudes all the time and find soe shorty's to lay up with ... all this tough guy im in these streets type cats always get humbled in jail. 

Back
Top Bottom