San Diego is on Fire AGAIN

For CalFire like it or not, this is cha ching.

And I know there are dudes at a staging area somewhere playing cards collecting a paycheck, I remember Yosemite last year........

Were you at Yosemite as well?

We also had a ton of military help in Oregon fighting the douglas fire, which at the time was the biggest fire in the nation

Military dumped a bucket of water on the crew though :smh: lol

That's the way they think though. Cops think the same way. They put their lives in danger but at the same time, danger leads to overtime and those checks are huge.

It isn't right but it isn't wrong either. It could be worse, they could be lawyers or crooks on Wall Street.

Wait, what? What do you mean Cops think the same way?

That's the way they think though. Cops think the same way. They put their lives in danger but at the same time, danger leads to overtime and those checks are huge.

It isn't right but it isn't wrong either. It could be worse, they could be lawyers or crooks on Wall Street.

Yes, COPs love that overtime money. Most of the time it's them writting up reports or making court apperances. Talk to any COP especially making good money. My pops is a CO (now retired) at rikers island and he was pushing 100K due to all the overtime he worked.

Were you at Yosemite as well?

We also had a ton of military help in Oregon fighting the douglas fire, which at the time was the biggest fire in the nation

Military dumped a bucket of water on the crew though :smh: lol

I was at the castle airport just sitting around, before getting sent back home.

I know some CalFire folks had to break 100k last year and didn't even work a full year.

Fire is Cha Ching for Guard, it's state deployment 12 hour days and the money is nice. If you get paid more money in your civilian job they'll pay you at that salary while you're deployed.

One of my business partners is a a Firefighter, they refer to these things as "bonus checks", :lol:

Aint eeem mad, #getguap

It's all fun and overtime until a crew gets burned to death.

Fires are no joke, coming from someone with multiple firefighters in his family. :smh:

It's all fun and overtime until a crew gets burned to death.

Fires are no joke, coming from someone with multiple firefighters in his family. :smh:

That's the way they think about these things, and they are well aware of the dangers that come with the job.

Call it putting a positive spin, to a terrible situation all around.

Externally they say that, especially amongst themselves and friends. However, in the back of their mind, internally, they know the dangers when they say good bye to their families to go on the front lines.

They know they have a duty, and they are proud to serve it. They know the "bonus check" is the carrot on the stick to a very ****** situation.

No need to make it more than what it is. I knew what Wanksta meant, and I knew people jimmies will be rustled because people fail to contextualize things.

This is just the beginning, California is going to burn something serious all Summer long and into Fall.

Ehh,

I guess I get what he means. But it seems like it affects his work, IDK.

I mean, for me anyways, I love to see some action. I don't want it to rain, I want it to storm.

If it's a hurricane, I wanna see a category 5.

Tornado? F-5, 1/2 mile wide.

Who doesn't wanna see that?

View media item 760588

This might be the DUMBEST **** ever written

I know what wanksta means, working in those types of fields you develop a weird sense of humor, people who don't work in it will probably think you're crazy if you say half the stuff you and your coworkers say to each other to a person not doing the job. You make the best out of any situation

You guys love overtime and money like every other living American.

Oh okay, I thought you meant we had the same mentality as the FF up there talking about "hope the fires progresses" type of thing.

There's no way I'm saying "Oh I hope the shooting continues" or "I hope the riot gets bigger" just for some overtime. Despite the stereotypes you guys hear about Cops.... Most of us just wants to make it back home alive to see our family.

Last edited:
im in san diego and wanted to let you guys know that i am ok. thanks for da thread doe

The smoke from the San Diego fires has made it's way north to Los Angeles. You can smell it when you walk outside.
sick.gif

if im remembering it correctly... years back there was a big fire down south where the wind would blow the ashes all the way up here in norcal. It was crazy to see my car covered in ashes :wow:

Last edited:
We get wildifres out here in AZ as well every summer. Most summers it isnt too bad, but we have had some huge ones these past 6-7 years. Leave ash and smose everywhere for miles 
mean.gif

Back
Top Bottom