San Diego transportation?

I'll be attending school at UCSD this upcoming fall. All my life I've lived in SF, and for those who have been here it doesn't take a long time tofigure out the everything is only a bus ride away. However, as I'm moving to San Diego, I really don't know what the commute is like in the city. Iknow that the city itself is larger compared to SF. I want to know if it is easy to get around if I were to take public transportation. I'm looking toexplore around downtown area -- watch baseball games or go to bars and such. So, what is it like down there? Thanks!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I went to UCSD so I may be able to give some insight on the transit situation. If you are going to live near the campus, the transporation shouldn't be toobad. UCSD has shuttles that pick up and drop off students from nearby apartment complexes to school. The shuttles run til midnight. The city buses are free touse within a 10 mile radius of the school. All you need to do is get a little sticker and place it on your ID card. I didn't think that the buses were thatbad during my 5 years in SD. I can't comment on further commutes outside a few miles from school. Hope that helps. If you have any other questions aboutthe school, let me know.

Sucks. I was hoping commute around the city like I do in SF; I guess I'll have to bring my car down there.

if you wanna go downtown your best bet is to take the 101 bus to UTC transit center and the fastest bus i've neen on to downtown is the 150 or 50 bus sincethey go on the freeway for a little bit

Back
Top Bottom