San Francisco Niketalkers, is this really how you guys are living?

^Yup. I wouldn't live out there.

If I did find a job back in the Bay Area...I'll make the sacrifice and head back home to Fairfield and deal with the commute from there lol.

Not only is Antioch far away and a nasty commute but it's also gotten pretty bad in recent years after a lot of the former hood ppl from SF and Oakland have been moved over that way

Is that pretty much what happened to F airfield? My whole life, I have never known that area to be bad but past years, that is all I hear. I have to admit, I haven't been there in a few.

Is that pretty much what happened to F airfield? My whole life, I have never known that area to be bad but past years, that is all I hear. I have to admit, I haven't been there in a few.
Yeah, folks from Richmond/Oakland started trickling down to Fairfield by early 2000s and that lead to more crime.

Reading stories about the crimes in Fairfield today is crazy. Never would have thought it would happen out there.

I enjoyed living in Fairfield. But when you have to 'watch your back' when going to a park that never had issues, that's what makes me sad.

Bay area better get these prices stable somehow asap before all the talent and jobs stop moving out. I know a lot of people going to work in other states just to save on cost of living. I might myself. Doubt it. But hey. Companies leave. People follow.

Last edited:
Bay area better get these prices stable somehow asap before all the talent and jobs stop moving out. I know a lot of people going to work in other states just to save on cost of living. I might myself. Doubt it. But hey. Companies leave. People follow.
Zynga is gonna be the first to move/go under. Apps aren't growing as much as they in 2012-2014. People tend to just stick with the apps they know nowadays.

Zynga is gonna be the first to move/go under. Apps aren't growing as much as they in 2012-2014. People tend to just stick with the apps they know nowadays.

That's true. My girl is in insurance and Zynga has been doing really bad. Even Uber at this point isn't profitable believe it or not and them losing out in the Chinese market didn't help them. I think by the end of it, the stronger app/tech companies will be here and the smaller or less profitable ones will be gone. I doubt that would alleviate pricing in SF but in outside areas, it would help with housing a lot. Here's hoping for it.

How is uber not that profitable? They are beating the pants off Lyft and everyone prefers to take Uber over taxis because the fares cost a lot less. I get that the revenue wouldn't be as much as compared to a taxi but the sheer volume of users and requests would make Uber very profitable.

How is uber not that profitable? They are beating the pants off Lyft and everyone prefers to take Uber over taxis because the fares cost a lot less. I get that the revenue wouldn't be as much as compared to a taxi but the sheer volume of users and requests would make Uber very profitable.

Not trying to be a doosh...

But top line (or revenue) is not indicative of how successful a company is.

It came have 100bn in revenue... if it has 100.1bn in expenses, it's not profitable.

They're burning through cash crazy and I don't believe they've had a profitable quarter yet.

Yeah, folks from Richmond/Oakland started trickling down to Fairfield by early 2000s and that lead to more crime.

Reading stories about the crimes in Fairfield today is crazy. Never would have thought it would happen out there.

I enjoyed living in Fairfield. But when you have to 'watch your back' when going to a park that never had issues, that's what makes me sad.

This kind of classism is so annoying, and it's this type of thinking that's at the heart of constructs like white flight.

People of less privileged economic status from ALL OVER the Bay Area have been priced out and pushed further east to cities like Antioch and Fairfield over the last 25 years.

Relative to population size, no greater share have come from Oakland or Richmond, than places like San Leandro or El Cerrito.

Let someone else tell it though and its the black and brown boogie men from Oakland and Richmond who've turned these formerly safe towns "dangerous" :lol:

Last edited:

For the most part, it's Uber China that made them not profitable. They invested a whole lot into that system and in failed. US profitable but it's not making up for their lost efforts.

A lot of companies are doing this though. Just cause what you see doesn't mean that they are making as much as they are worth. Uber could be like Zynga in the sense that they hire a huge workforce and project their growth bigger than it is, only to fail and do massive layoffs left and right.

A lot of these companies don't turn profit. All riding off of investor money. Just ride this one out :smokin . All these companies are private so don't have to report anything, but the truth always follows. Expenses = revenue - net income.

Last edited:
I'd say get into IT while you still can...

The money train won't last forever. Get the experience now.

If im not making at least 60-70k by the end of next summer I didn't work hard enough.

Im 22. Been making 40k+ since I was 20. 

IT money, low COL area.

I'd say get into IT while you still can...

The money train won't last forever. Get the experience now.

If im not making at least 60-70k by the end of next summer I didn't work hard enough.

Im 22. Been making 40k+ since I was 20. 

IT money, low COL area.
The money train will last forever in tech depending on your area, if your willing to relocate or switch to a more lucrative specialization .

DMV will always be GOLD due to the Govt.

My friend put me on to a position where he was offered and accepted 165K , he said I would get 130K based on my experience. See how it goes, my options are open.

The money train will last forever in tech depending on your area, if your willing to relocate or switch to a more lucrative specialization .

My friend put me on to a position where he was offered and accepted 165K , he said I would get 130K based on my experience. See how it goes, my options are open.
A lot of opportunities out here in the DMV, just have to be patient to get your foot in.

Weird to say, I'd rather deal with Bay Area traffic than the DMV traffic.

A lot of opportunities out here in the DMV, just have to be patient to get your foot in.

Weird to say, I'd rather deal with Bay Area traffic than the DMV traffic.
Yup and once your foot is in your good, especially if you have the best clearance to have.

All depends on your commute my job is away from DC going towards Arundel Mills. During the spring and summer my commute is fine barely any traffic 25 mins to work , 40 mins home. In the fall and winter its terrible avg hour to work, avg 1.5 hr home. Its been an accident almost everyday on 295 smh.

Tech has been booming since the 90s its not gonna stop anytime soon. Only thing that changes is the area that is #1 for tech and the positions that are in the highest demand.

Last edited:
^^^^I've seen a combination of both. There was a whole building put up on Lower Haight area and all of that was apartments for rent. But Hayes and buildings near Twitter building near TL is all condos/studios. The reason why I know cause all of them had below market rate condos up since it's the law to have a percentage of them available for so called low income people. But even areas like Hunter Point has a whole condo community out there that was just built and most of the areas in Dog Patch near the ball park are all condos as well.

I mean can you believe this is in Hunter's Point?!

San-Francisco-Shipyard-Merchant-Building-Exterior-Rendering.jpg

And look how they try to market the area. This literally used to be one of the worst areas in SF and now condos are being sold there for $800K.

1024x1024.jpg

So they can build new condo's in hp for the yuppies but they couldn't clean up the toxic abandoned shipyards huh?

See poor people (especially black people) this is what they think of you. :smh:

So they can build new condo's in hp for the yuppies but they couldn't clean up the toxic abandoned shipyards huh?

See poor people (especially black people) this is what they think of you. :smh:

Ive always wondered why people think a property owner has some moral obligation not to maximize the value of his land.
It can be just pure business. It doesn't have to be about oppression

you can't eat morals b

those morals will do nothing for you...

it sucks but this is what it is

if you have something to sell and one person is willing to pay you a lot more money than why would you sell it for less?

Last edited:
This kind of classism is so annoying, and it's this type of thinking that's at the heart of constructs like white flight.

People of less privileged economic status from ALL OVER the Bay Area have been priced out and pushed further east to cities like Antioch and Fairfield over the last 25 years.

Relative to population size, no greater share have come from Oakland or Richmond, than places like San Leandro or El Cerrito.

Let someone else tell it though and its the black and brown boogie men from Oakland and Richmond who've turned these formerly safe towns "dangerous"
laugh.gif

^^^^^Jesus.....I guess I don't even know my Bay Area stuff cause I had no idea what you are talking about with Nguyen Ngo or what not. Haha.

I do agree though that there are really a lot of diversity even in the hoods within the Bay Area. That in an odd way is why I love it so much out here. My high school had every nationality you can think of and even something like playing basketball unified races where you gained respect from one another. I actually think the city that saw very little of that was San Francisco just because the cultures out there were harshly divided from the Chinese areas, black areas, Latin, etc.

nah.

nothing last forever, my G.

Look at how many O&G companies have went under just in the last year.

nah.

nothing last forever, my G.

Look at how many O&G companies have went under just in the last year.

Please inform me of what's going to replace technology? Only thing replacing tech is AI. Hopefully I'm not alive to see the day.

Oil & gas literally being taken out by tech lol .

Back
Top Bottom