San Jose State students accused of tormenting black roommate are charged with hate crimes

dudes an idiot, they probably did all these things because he probably pretended to be cool with it and laugh..

its messed up, but theres dudes like that who just want to fit in..

it was probably funny at first then he got upset but never told them anything.

what the hell was he thinking moving in with these lunatics anyway? im glad they didnt do something stupid like kill him..

we had biggie & pac this generation has drake and macklemore.

Last edited:
dudes an idiot, they probably did all these things because he probably pretended to be cool with it and laugh..

its messed up, but theres dudes like that who just want to fit in..

it was probably funny at first then he got upset but never told them anything.

what the hell was he thinking moving in with these lunatics anyway? im glad they didnt do something stupid like kill him..

we had biggie & pac this generation has drake and macklemore.
If that dude is smart, he could sense the trouble the first day he step in to that place.. Sounds like one of those incident about mentally challenge people who just gets bullied and can't do anything... If its my situation, i will definitely make a stand the first day or leave right away,.

If that dude is smart, he could sense the trouble the first day he step in to that place.. Sounds like one of those incident about mentally challenge people who just gets bullied and can't do anything... If its my situation, i will definitely make a stand the first day or leave right away,.

being a victim of peer pressure doesn't make someone mentally disabled - just means they have no balls

Im not saying he is mentally disable i was just comparing the situation. Cuz back when i was in school, only those people gets bullied. Or maybe because we don't have the "sue card" back then... Either way i feel sorry for him, and hope those idiots get what they deserve.

black dude is a punk......i'd die before i let a white treat me like that 

Last edited:
I don't think he was mentally disabled but more not taught about these situations at home or was lulled by growing up in the suburbs. I know people who still believe racism is fiction because they have never seen it up close. Growing up in the bay you really don't see it because everybody generally is accepting of race/ethnicity( accept the aforementioned Modesto/Fresno and some parts of Sacramento, so he probably thought this was just hazing or a way to fit in...
It's sad he didnt fight back or at least stand up for himself, at what point do you stop taking the assaults and verbal abuse?? Yes the judicial system doesn't really favor people of color and a black man assaulting a white man is almost certain instant death, but with all that into consideration, I couldn't stand back and let somebody put a chain around my neck or throw a confederate flag around all Willy Neely, but not that this generation is soft but that they literally don't know any better because these parents at home don't know or won't show them how to be respectful, hard working, common sense having adults. That's the real problem...
"I whether die like a man then live like a coward"...

Last edited:
Well, honestly having been in dorms/suited I can see how the situation happened. Clearly, these incidents happened over months and months. It's very likely that many days went between incidents. As a new freshmen to a school it is very hard to fit in. Most freshmen would just try to fit in. As he said, he wasn't used to racism. He honestly may have thought that they were all okay guys and that they gave him a hard time and he wanted to fit in. Even though my dorms were full of good people I remember by the end of the first week everyone had a nickname; white eric, mexican eric, downstem doug, the hot ra, jenny from the block, etc etc. It seems like these kids clearly had no concept of taking it too far/innate racism from growing up not knowing better and that he always didn't really ever deal with the situation.

In my head (and not justifying any of it...it's sick and it's the problem with kids not getting more severe punishments/discipline at young ages) I see that they gave him nicknames, did stuff like the bike lock thing and then probably also treated him like a friend in one on one situation/most of the time. Even something as simple as the 4 of them suite-mates being at the cafeteria together and someone steps to him and they have his back. That sort of false loyalty goes a really long way to an impressionable freshmen. In some ways it is mind boggling that his parents had to find out for anything to be done about it...but at the same time living through the dorm I can easily see how a random incident here and there may not have given him the courage/felt the necessity to really be a "snitch" and be labeled an outcast. What annoys me more is that other people, the RA, housing authority etc etc did not do a better job of handling the situation. As a former RA I know how easy it is to get students in trouble if they get even a little bit out of line. They can lose their housing, scholarships, financial aid etc. After the first incident the school (don't know the full details of course) should have done a lot more preemptively.

no. if you just came out from under your rock patrick, this youngest generation has been doing NOTHING but f'ing up. theyre weak, have no drive to accomplish anything, misguided... the list goes on and on. this is just another notch on the belt of failures for them. Im born in 89 and dont even like to associate myself with being in their group. there is a CLEAR generational divide.
The 89 group has been doing NOTHING but f'ing up?
laugh.gif

Some generations in this country of black people literally lived under the rock.....EEAGHK!!!!!

I'm sheltered tho.

Bakersfield is OD racist. Grew up there, hate that goddamn place.

Fresno is too, played a basketball game their, and got called arab/ raghead/ sand.... well you know.
sorry to hear that bro. I went to school at FSU and I never felt out of place in my life. The stereotype **** out there is what they live by. being from a city. i never looked at race or justify someone behavior based on there race till i moved out there. THANK GOD I GRADUATE AND BOUNCED!

P.S not everyone was like that! JUST A MAJORITY
laugh.gif

friends go to SJSU, dont really like the city, this just puts it all together

easy yambs there though

Back
Top Bottom