Saw SHUTTER ISLAND tonight- vol. yes, it's better than The Departed **Spoilers within**

Excellent film. I'm not going to go into detail because to do so would spoil the film. The less one knows going in the better.

I will say that it reminds me of THE SHINING (Kubrick) and evokes the very best of an Alfred Hitchcock film.

Very pleased with Scorsese's latest. Four Stars.

Go see it!

That should be easy cause The Departed wasn't even that great of a film when comparing to his classic films.

Shutter Island looks bogus but I think I might watch it or just wait for the rental.

Can't wait
pimp.gif

I can't wait to watch this

Scorsese and Leo, both in my top 5 in their respective categories

I'm sure it won't disappoint

Originally Posted by ShaunHillFTW49

How would you guys rank The Departed, Gangs of NY and Aviator?
I'm a fan of all three, but if I had to rank them (in terms of the movie in general, not as my favorite)

1)Aviator
2)Gang of NY
3)The Departed

Shutter Island looks awesome, two of my friends read the book, raved about it. I may get around to to it after I see the movie (wish I did the opposite).

Jeff, you go to all these free screenings early? What was that website where to get those tickets?

Originally Posted by viiheaven

Although you're a Cavs fan, I will still take your opinion seriously.
Agreed, has some movie knowledge as well.

I've been looking forward it as soon as I heard it announced, glad it's finally coming out after the delays and pushbacks.

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

Jeff, you go to all these free screenings early? What was that website where to get those tickets?
Yes.

www.gofobo.com

www.twitter.com/freemovies is great for code releases and free movie announcements outside of gofobo.

They probably turned away 80-100 people tonight. Advance shows are always overbooked to ensure full theatres so those who came late got shut out (although they were probably given free passes to go to a regular show).

Originally Posted by CertifiedSW

Can't wait
pimp.gif

I was just on IGN though and they gave it like a 2 out of 5.

Good thing IGN isn't reputable for anything these days. Cant wait for the movie. Should be great
pimp.gif

I want to see this movie.

So would you say it is a psychological thriller and not a horror film right? I am a wimp when it comes to scary movies.
laugh.gif
Even the Sixth Sense scared me, but I was in high school back then. I probably would still get scared watching horror films having to do with ghosts, demons, spirits, etc. But, I absolutely have no idea what the plot of the movie is and I want to go in watching it not knowing what it is about.

Originally Posted by SenatorJeffSmith

Yes.

www.gofobo.com

www.twitter.com/freemovies is great for code releases and free movie announcements outside of gofobo.

They probably turned away 80-100 people tonight. Advance shows are always overbooked to ensure full theatres so those who came late got shut out (although they were probably given free passes to go to a regular show).
I can't figure out how to get this RSVP code crap. Theres a showing of this tomorrow night near me and I wanna go so bad.

Originally Posted by SenatorJeffSmith

Yes.

www.gofobo.com

I can't figure out how to get this RSVP code crap. Theres a showing of this tomorrow night near me and I wanna go so bad.
http://twitter.com/gofoboRSVPcodes
wink.gif

Back
Top Bottom