School me on GPS devices...

Tom Tom
pimp.gif

i used a garmin nuvi all over florida, new hampshire, dc, rhode island and arizona with no problems. i had a few problems in new york city - my gps seemed tolag - i think reception was a problem with all the tall buildings. i'll never go back to using a paper map for directions.

I got a new job and its in a part of town that i dont know really well, so im thinking of getting one.

Garmin is the best it has the most points 5 million or so tom tom only has like 2 million make sure you get at least a nuvi200wc or even a 750

If you can pick it up this week Circuit City is having a Father's Day sale this week and a good number of GPS are on sale not those $20 buck off salesstores be having but $100 off or 50%

i'd recommend a garmin. they're pretty accurate but sometimes they don't give you the shortest route to a location but you'll still get there.

you can get a garmin nuvi 760 from costco for $350, details here. if you buy itfrom costco then you could return it anytime if it breaks.

all the nuvi's that end with "60" are bluetooth. if they end in "50" then they're not. i have a nuvi 650 and it's great.i'd recommend the 600 or 700 series because of the bigger screen. there's also the 200 and 300 series but they have smaller screens. i think most ofthe 200 series doesn't have "text to speech", which is the feature that tells you the street to turn. if the gps does not have "text tospeech", then it'll just say, "turn left/right" instead of "turn on left/right on ___ street".

I PMd you to help you out.
Like I told you, I have access to some good prices on GPS devices, anyone want one, PM me.

Garmin and Tom Tom seem to be the best.

Is there a monthly charge?

How about the stock ones that come with some cars now? monthly fee?

The only monthly charge would be if you get a GPS that has optional features like MSN direct or Real-Time traffic then you'd have to get a subscription

i got a garmin, and i wanna know how do you update the maps on the gps? if anyone knows please reply or message me.

I've had a Tom Tom for like a year and half and have had no problems at all, very accurate, I have used it in the DC Metro area, New York, Florida and allthe states between (20 Yard Difference @ the most, from my experience)

Yea my main concern is accuracy. I just started working for this contractor guy and he has me driving all around and i dont know anything.
Keymap FTL!!

Back
Top Bottom