School me on iPads

Originally Posted by TruthGetsBusy

Originally Posted by go rilla

For all you guys that own or have used them.  I need to know about these things for my job and would like NT to school me.

Difference between the 1 and 2?
What apps do you use?
Explain the whole 3g plan. Verizon and At&T
Any common problems
How much stuff can you get on a 16gb, 32gb, 64gb ?

Thanks

nothing major

whatever i want

3g is you dont have to use wifi

dont know since i dont own one

depends on what you put on it
it's funny that you think everything i said is irrelevant since i dont own one, but everything i said also pertains to first and second generation phones 

Originally Posted by go rilla

For all you guys that own or have used them.  I need to know about these things for my job and would like NT to school me.

What apps do you use?
Any common problems

Thanks

nothing major

whatever i want

3g is you dont have to use wifi

dont know since i dont own one

depends on what you put on it
it's funny that you think everything i said is irrelevant since i dont own one, but everything i said also pertains to first and second generation phones 

Y don't you just buy a macbook, ipad seems like its a waste.

you probably get sick of it like the itouch

Y don't you just buy a macbook, ipad seems like its a waste.

you probably get sick of it like the itouch

Wifi isn't on the bus to work, wifi isn't on the street, wifi isn't in the office building except certain areas

Wifi isn't on the bus to work, wifi isn't on the street, wifi isn't in the office building except certain areas

It is a more convenient easy way to view things basically.

Flipboard keeps me occupied for an hour.  I put my favorite sites on it and just page through them all with its super cool RSS newspaper like feed.  Look through twitter, niketalk, iphonedownloadblog, engaget, sneakernews, etc.

The games on it are a big plus and have really interesting capabilities for the future.  I am dying for a plug in controller or airplay controller.  I would love to play fifa on it with a controller.  I have no problem controlling players in NBA Jam (bigger joystick) but fifa i have trouble sometimes running in a straight line.  But stickman golf is super addicting, world of goo is amazing too.

When ios 5 comes out and i can text from it i will be super stoked.  It will be a matter of time before its jailbroken in ios5 and i can make calls from it you can already do that with a JBed ipad 1.  But netflix....HBO Go (godly app)

Wifi Verzion and iphone 4 =mobile hotspot wherever you are.  JB your iphone for free tethering anywhere no reason to pay for a contract for your ipad and your phone

It is a more convenient easy way to view things basically.

Flipboard keeps me occupied for an hour.  I put my favorite sites on it and just page through them all with its super cool RSS newspaper like feed.  Look through twitter, niketalk, iphonedownloadblog, engaget, sneakernews, etc.

The games on it are a big plus and have really interesting capabilities for the future.  I am dying for a plug in controller or airplay controller.  I would love to play fifa on it with a controller.  I have no problem controlling players in NBA Jam (bigger joystick) but fifa i have trouble sometimes running in a straight line.  But stickman golf is super addicting, world of goo is amazing too.

When ios 5 comes out and i can text from it i will be super stoked.  It will be a matter of time before its jailbroken in ios5 and i can make calls from it you can already do that with a JBed ipad 1.  But netflix....HBO Go (godly app)

Wifi Verzion and iphone 4 =mobile hotspot wherever you are.  JB your iphone for free tethering anywhere no reason to pay for a contract for your ipad and your phone

What apps do you use?
Any common problems

Thanks
Biggest difference is Camera as stated before. The second one is thinner and has a faster processor but its not really too noticeable. 
Apps I use the most currently: Safari, Videos, Cnnected (I have a group in there with my friends from undergrad), iBooks, friendly facebook, Flipboard, Calender,  and I would freaking ABUSE HBO Go if TWC customers could use it.

3g plan is pretty simple. I have heard AT&T has a better plan if u wanna go the 3g route. I personally went wifi since I have the evo and can use the hotspot whenever I NEED internet access and don't have it. Trust me if u buy an iPad you will probably take it everywhere with u, u will certainly find out free wifi is not everywhere

I have no problems with my iPad right now in fact I can honestly say I use it everyday. 

As for how much stuff u can fit I have a 32g with 4000+ songs, 2 movies, and like 100 books (literally) I would say you can fit a decent amount of stuff.... (granted I should have went bigger since I pretty much filled my ipad the first day I had it)
roll.gif

What apps do you use?
Any common problems

Thanks
Biggest difference is Camera as stated before. The second one is thinner and has a faster processor but its not really too noticeable. 
Apps I use the most currently: Safari, Videos, Cnnected (I have a group in there with my friends from undergrad), iBooks, friendly facebook, Flipboard, Calender,  and I would freaking ABUSE HBO Go if TWC customers could use it.

3g plan is pretty simple. I have heard AT&T has a better plan if u wanna go the 3g route. I personally went wifi since I have the evo and can use the hotspot whenever I NEED internet access and don't have it. Trust me if u buy an iPad you will probably take it everywhere with u, u will certainly find out free wifi is not everywhere

I have no problems with my iPad right now in fact I can honestly say I use it everyday. 

As for how much stuff u can fit I have a 32g with 4000+ songs, 2 movies, and like 100 books (literally) I would say you can fit a decent amount of stuff.... (granted I should have went bigger since I pretty much filled my ipad the first day I had it)
roll.gif

So its wrong to want consumer/owner insight?  I know alot of you guys have them.  Dudes come in here quoting apple links.
grin.gif
Some of the stuff you're asking can be found on the apple, att, and verizon websites.  The info is laid out all nice.  The new features of the iPad 2, the 3G price plans for the providers, storage memory.
Only problems I can think of is no flash (can be said for any apple product) and no usb port.

So its wrong to want consumer/owner insight?  I know alot of you guys have them.  Dudes come in here quoting apple links.
grin.gif
Some of the stuff you're asking can be found on the apple, att, and verizon websites.  The info is laid out all nice.  The new features of the iPad 2, the 3G price plans for the providers, storage memory.
Only problems I can think of is no flash (can be said for any apple product) and no usb port.

I own an iPad 2 and was my best decision of my life. I travel a lot and while I do have a laptop, my iPad is very convenient for when I'm on the road or a plane or even a layover at an airport. If you have the disposable income, go for one. If not, find some crappy acer running crapdroid.

I own an iPad 2 and was my best decision of my life. I travel a lot and while I do have a laptop, my iPad is very convenient for when I'm on the road or a plane or even a layover at an airport. If you have the disposable income, go for one. If not, find some crappy acer running crapdroid.

Definitely not a laptop replacement, but I bring it with me to work because it can do all the stuff I want to do during down time--Twitter, FB, NT, blogs, etc.--but gets better battery life and has a better display than my phone. With that said, I don't mind having a wifi only version because if I'm somewhere that doesn't have a wifi it's probably not a place I'd want to use a computer (driving, a bar, walking, etc.), and in those sorts of places my phone is much more discreet and appropriate and most of all had 3G access. I get a fair amount of use out of it at home also because I get tired of having my MacBook in my lap because it'll get hot or I just don't want to carry it as much.

I was skeptical as heck at first--hence me only just now getting one--but it really does serve as a decent device that sits right between the functionality of a phone and a computer.

I'm posting from it.

Definitely not a laptop replacement, but I bring it with me to work because it can do all the stuff I want to do during down time--Twitter, FB, NT, blogs, etc.--but gets better battery life and has a better display than my phone. With that said, I don't mind having a wifi only version because if I'm somewhere that doesn't have a wifi it's probably not a place I'd want to use a computer (driving, a bar, walking, etc.), and in those sorts of places my phone is much more discreet and appropriate and most of all had 3G access. I get a fair amount of use out of it at home also because I get tired of having my MacBook in my lap because it'll get hot or I just don't want to carry it as much.

I was skeptical as heck at first--hence me only just now getting one--but it really does serve as a decent device that sits right between the functionality of a phone and a computer.

I'm posting from it.

Posting from one right now.... So far I love it.

I haven't been on my computer in like 2 weeks. I can do everything on this instead. Internet, Netflix, games, email, apps, music, camera, FaceTime, etc.

Well worth the $

Posting from one right now.... So far I love it.

I haven't been on my computer in like 2 weeks. I can do everything on this instead. Internet, Netflix, games, email, apps, music, camera, FaceTime, etc.

Well worth the $

Back
Top Bottom