School Me On The CDP Molds

hollakid619

Banned
Ok, I keep hearing people boycotting some of the new retros because of the CDP molds. I have some the OG, Retro, and/or CDP Jays and I cant really spot thedifference. Sometimes I see the difference in the OG and Retros but not really the Retros and the CDPs (Besides the obvious backwards Jumpman on the XIs,which I dont mind). So whats the big difference in the molds?

I with you. I've never looked at a shoe and notice that big of a difference with the overall shape, at least not enough to warrant passing on a release.Sure, materials and shapes may be slightly different, or the netting on the IVs may not be aligned like the OGs, but that doesn't really bother me. Butreverse the jumpman or leave out 'jumpman jam' and then you've killed the shoe in my eyes. To each his own i guess.

Originally Posted by HOLLAKID619

Originally Posted by Baalnood

Cheaper material.

What does that have to do with the cast the shoe was made in?

exactly and i try not to speak on a og jordan shoe unless i have owned it or seen it for myself, theres to many people yelling OG but then again never owned apair

i actually do see the difference on the space jams..they are shaped more like backwards J than a L

Originally Posted by clearsole23

Originally Posted by HOLLAKID619

Originally Posted by Baalnood

Cheaper material.

What does that have to do with the cast the shoe was made in?

exactly and i try not to speak on a og jordan shoe unless i have owned it or seen it for myself, theres to many people yelling OG but then again never owned a pair

This is true, but in some cases you don't need the OG shoe to know that the quality is bad.

come on now, you gotta own a OG pair to comment on em! comparing my white/green 4's with the cdp 4's there is a sick difference. comparing my 18s, my17s 16s all of that there is a huge difference. think of it like this: my 9.5 retro black/red 11's from 2001 fit me perfect. my size 10 cdp 11's, areTOO SMALL

I have the black/red, columbia, & space jam's from '01 and you can definitely see the difference. I guess looking at them on the internet mightleave something to the imagination however. I also own the '92 & '08 hare VII's and the shape is somewhat different, plus the OG's areheavier (in a good way).

Why dnt you take a og shoe or a retro and compare it with a cdp and you would see the difference

i have the '00 space jams and the dmp xi's and to me they are the same. i dont see any difference

small difference??! lol all the new collectors... mustve not been around in 2000-2001. b/c one of the worst "CDP Molds" was the XI bred. compare themto the retros................ NO COMPARISON, and worst off.... 310/2 = 155 per shoe, while 125 was retail for a better shoe before..

to new collectors... ihope you guys dont realy believe that there was soooooooo much hype/excitement for CDP quality jordan xi's in the past... LOl

On the newer retros, I find that they tend to fit a little bit smaller. The materials are way too thin, and the paint chipped too easily.

And I agreed with you hotbutter, the CDP Black/Red XI was the worst out of all the CDP. The patent leather was too low, and they run small as heck.

And lets not forget about the stupid Jumpman being backwards. I know people don't care, but to me having the Jumpman backward ruin the natural balance ofthe sneakers.

If you had a pair of the OG or the earlier retros, then you would know.

Originally Posted by MortalMonkey

Newer models are made of old Chinese newspapers and apple cores.
ir5myg.png

OK, firstly, the only part of a shoe that has a mold is the midsole and outsole. The actual pieces of leather are made from "PATTERNS." So lets becorrect when we say that the cdp patterns are not the same. My problem with this is that JB could easily take one of the million stored versions of the 2001,take the shoes apart and take the patterns from those. Then we would have a shoe closer to the og than we do now. This is easy to do as I have doen this withmy beat white cement IV in hopes of some day making my own jays.
wink.gif

yea the newer models dont really look that different IMO...
the big fuss is about the cheaper materials being used
to make them and their quality quickly falling

u might not can "see" the difference on all of them, but u can feel the difference in most of them. sizing is off, and generally more uncomfortablethan the older retros

Back
Top Bottom