Scientists "Making It Rain"

Scientists employed by Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan, president of the UAE and leader of Abu Dhabi, successfully created more than 50 rainstorms in the state’s Al Ain region last year, mostly in July and August when there is virtually no rain at all. It is believed to be the first time the system has produced rain from clear skies.

They have been using giant ionisers, shaped like giant lampshades, to generate fields of negatively charged particles, which create cloud formation.

In a company video, seen by The Sunday Times, Helmut Fluhrer, the founder of Metro Systems International, the Swiss company in charge of the project, said: “We are currently operating our innovative rainfall enhancement technology, Weathertec, in the region of Al Ain in Abu Dhabid. We started in June 2010 and have achieved a number of rainfalls.

Scientists employed by Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan, president of the UAE and leader of Abu Dhabi, successfully created more than 50 rainstorms in the state’s Al Ain region last year, mostly in July and August when there is virtually no rain at all. It is believed to be the first time the system has produced rain from clear skies.

They have been using giant ionisers, shaped like giant lampshades, to generate fields of negatively charged particles, which create cloud formation.

In a company video, seen by The Sunday Times, Helmut Fluhrer, the founder of Metro Systems International, the Swiss company in charge of the project, said: “We are currently operating our innovative rainfall enhancement technology, Weathertec, in the region of Al Ain in Abu Dhabid. We started in June 2010 and have achieved a number of rainfalls.

b6scpf.jpg

--Yeah. They been doin this for awhile.
--You ever see those smoke trails in the sky with no jet in sight? Called chemical trails. Its supposed to make it rain.

--Yeah. They been doin this for awhile.
--You ever see those smoke trails in the sky with no jet in sight? Called chemical trails. Its supposed to make it rain.

Climate/eco control is very real and has been being experimented with for a while. Droughts are a case of good but this stuff can be used in so many other ways it's scary.

Climate/eco control is very real and has been being experimented with for a while. Droughts are a case of good but this stuff can be used in so many other ways it's scary.

This is amazing! I love reading stories like this when technology does good.

Kid in the soccer kit is probably like #ThankYouBasedAllah

CNN had a similar story on a type of dispersant china uses to keep the skies clear for the olympics.

weather modification is very real.

How many times will the title "youtube scientist" be thrown around in this thread?

CNN had a similar story on a type of dispersant china uses to keep the skies clear for the olympics.

weather modification is very real.

How many times will the title "youtube scientist" be thrown around in this thread?

Originally Posted by welcometothetonezone

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
What you did there. I seen't it

Originally Posted by welcometothetonezone

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
What you did there. I seen't it

Heard about this a while back, its a bad idea to be *#@$%&# with mother nature imo 
tired.gif
.  The seasons are a cycle, if its too hot or dry were you live.. Move

Heard about this a while back, its a bad idea to be *#@$%&# with mother nature imo 
tired.gif
.  The seasons are a cycle, if its too hot or dry were you live.. Move

Back
Top Bottom