scripture of the day

Originally Posted by SpringfieldXD

Originally Posted by NT OG

Originally Posted by Worlds Enemy

Isn't it sad when people will misconstrue passages to benefit their own beliefs?

I am aware the words you wrote are verbatim, but please have some sense in interpreting what is said. Before I get into this mess, I want to claim I am agnostic.

Your copying and pasting passages to make God as an evil being that everyone has to obey or face eternal doom is highly exaggerated in this case. I am in no way disregarding your opinion, but let's be real. You don't believe in religion, why? Don't come in here trying to make God into something everyone should hate.

I didn't interpret anything. You did.

You interpreted the passages I posted as "passages to make God as an evil being that everyone has to obey or face eternal doom."

I don't believe in religion because I don't see the need for it.

do you think there's a difference between faith and religion?

if so, what is it?

Faith and religion are two different words with two different meanings. I have faith that if I jump off a cliff, I'll die. But that isn't considered areligion. What you meant to say is spiritual. You can be spiritual in that you believe in something greater than yourself. But you're not necessarilyreligious since you don't belong to an organized religion. Religion is an ambiguous word.

Originally Posted by Worlds Enemy

Isn't it sad when people will misconstrue passages to benefit their own beliefs?

I am aware the words you wrote are verbatim, but please have some sense in interpreting what is said. Before I get into this mess, I want to claim I am agnostic.

Your copying and pasting passages to make God as an evil being that everyone has to obey or face eternal doom is highly exaggerated in this case. I am in no way disregarding your opinion, but let's be real. You don't believe in religion, why? Don't come in here trying to make God into something everyone should hate.

I didn't interpret anything. You did.

You interpreted the passages I posted as "passages to make God as an evil being that everyone has to obey or face eternal doom."

I don't believe in religion because I don't see the need for it.

You can't deny the passages you posted were meant to shape people's way of thinking towards God. I'm saying give them both sides to the story. Yourpost was obviously made to downplay religion, and people should know there's much more than five verses to deny the existence of God.

Quoting bible verses from the NAB FTL....

Am I the only one who only reads from the KJV or NIV...

Never heard of the book of "Sirach" before....

Originally Posted by Jumpman2314

Quoting bible verses from the NAB FTL....

Am I the only one who only reads from the KJV or NIV...

Never heard of the book of "Sirach" before....
I have the KJV

I don't wanna quote anymore because it's getting to be an eyesore.

To Springfield:

Difference between faith and religion is that religion has structure, hierarchy, rules, etc.

To Worlds Enemy: Of course the passages I posted were meant to bash on religion. You can't really interpret them any other way. I didn't post them todeny the existence of God....those passages have nothing to do with denial. How are people okay with teachings like that? If you want to be part of a religion,you should believe and follow all teachings of it. if you dont agree with some of it. don't be a part of that religion. either just have faith and live howyou think is right...or start your own religion
laugh.gif

justhotkicks: no one said christianity is a religion.....

roc boy jada: noooo you got baited.....christianity is just the belief in christ...

nice verses

im blessed with the response

Christianity: Not Religion - A Relationship
Christianity is not really a religion; it is a relationship with God. It is trusting in Jesus and what He did on the cross for you (1 Corinthians 15:1-4), noton what you can do for yourself (Ephesians 2:8-9). Christianity is not about ornate buildings, flamboyant preachers, or traditional rituals. Christianity isabout truly accepting Jesus as your Lord and Savior.

"No good tree bears bad fruit, nor does a bad tree bear good fruit. Each tree is recognized by its own fruit. People do not pick figs from thornbushes, orgrapes from briers. The good man brings good things out of the good stored up in his heart, and the evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up inhis heart. For out of the overflow of his heart his mouth speaks."
Luke 6:43-45

roc boy jada: noooo you got baited.....Christianity is just the belief in Christ...

I assure you, Christianity is much more than the belief in Christ

"Dusts cobwebs off bible"

GENESIS 19

[sup]1[/sup]The two angels arrived at Sodom in the evening, and Lot was sitting in the gateway of the city. When hesaw them, he got up to meet them and bowed down with his face to the ground. [sup]2[/sup]"My lords," he said, "please turn aside to your servant'shouse. You can wash your feet and spend the night and then go on your way early in the morning."
"No," they answered, "we will spend the night in the square."
[sup]3[/sup] But he insisted so strongly that they did go with him andentered his house. He prepared a meal for them, baking bread without yeast, and they ate. [sup]4[/sup] Before they had gone tobed, all the men from every part of the city of Sodom-both young and old-surrounded the house. [sup]5[/sup] They called toLot, "Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us so that we can have sex with them."

[sup]6[/sup] Lot went outside to meet them and shut the door behind him[sup]7[/sup] and said, "No, my friends. Don't do this wicked thing. [sup]8[/sup]Look, I have two daughters who have never slept with a man. Let me bring them out to you, and you can do what you like with them. But don't do anything tothese men, for they have come under the protection of my roof."

[sup]9[/sup] "Get out of our way," they replied. And theysaid, "This fellow came here as an alien, and now he wants to play the judge! We'll treat you worse than them." They kept bringing pressure onLot and moved forward to break down the door.

[sup]10[/sup] But the men inside reached out and pulled Lot back intothe house and shut the door. [sup]11[/sup] Then they struck the men who were at the door of the house, young and old, withblindness so that they could not find the door.

[sup]12[/sup] The two men said to Lot, "Do you have anyone elsehere-sons-in-law, sons or daughters, or anyone else in the city who belongs to you? Get them out of here, [sup]13[/sup]because we are going to destroy this place. The outcry to the LORD against its people is so great that he has sent us to destroy it."

[sup]14[/sup] So Lot went out and spoke to his sons-in-law, who werepledged to marry [sup][a][/sup] his daughters. He said, "Hurry and get out of this place, because the LORD is about to destroy the city!" But hissons-in-law thought he was joking.

[sup]15[/sup] With the coming of dawn, the angels urged Lot, saying,"Hurry! Take your wife and your two daughters who are here, or you will be swept away when the city is punished."

[sup]16[/sup] When he hesitated, the men grasped his hand and the handsof his wife and of his two daughters and led them safely out of the city, for the LORD was merciful to them. [sup]17[/sup] Assoon as they had brought them out, one of them said, "Flee for your lives! Don't look back, and don't stop anywhere in the plain! Flee to themountains or you will be swept away!"

[sup]18[/sup] But Lot said to them, "No, my lords, [sup][b][/sup] please![sup]19[/sup] Your [sup][c][/sup] servant has found favor in your[sup][d][/sup]eyes, and you [sup][e][/sup] have shown great kindness to me in sparing my life. But I can't flee to the mountains; this disaster will overtake me, andI'll die. [sup]20[/sup] Look, here is a town near enough to run to, and it is small. Let me flee to it-it is very small,isn't it? Then my life will be spared."

[sup]21[/sup] He said to him, "Very well, I will grant this requesttoo; I will not overthrow the town you speak of. [sup]22[/sup] But flee there quickly, because I cannot do anything until youreach it." (That is why the town was called Zoar. [sup][f][/sup] )

[sup]23[/sup] By the time Lot reached Zoar, the sun had risen over theland. [sup]24[/sup] Then the LORD rained down burning sulfur on Sodom and Gomorrah-from the LORD out of the heavens. [sup]25[/sup] Thus he overthrew those cities and the entire plain, including all those living in the cities-and also the vegetation inthe land. [sup]26[/sup] But Lot's wife looked back, and she became a pillar of salt.

[sup]27[/sup] Early the next morning Abraham got up and returned to theplace where he had stood before the LORD. [sup]28[/sup] He looked down toward Sodom and Gomorrah, toward all the land of theplain, and he saw dense smoke rising from the land, like smoke from a furnace.

[sup]29[/sup] So when God destroyed the cities of the plain, heremembered Abraham, and he brought Lot out of the catastrophe that overthrew the cities where Lot had lived.

RIP inhabitants of Sodom and Gomorrah

I don't know if this was just supposed to be Christian scripture or not because it didn't say Bible verse of the day so I'll post verses fromQu'ran that are personally inspiring.

'The true servants of the Most Merciful are those who behave gently and with humility on earth, and whenever the foolish quarrelwith them, they reply with [words of] peace.'
(al-Furqan 25: 63)

This is the Book; in it is guidance sure, without doubt, to those who fear Allah.
(al-Baqarah 2:2)

Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.
Mark 11:24

Originally Posted by COOLnificent

For my religous folks, when you pray do you pray aloud or to yourself?

I usually pray to myself.
For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. For it is written:"I will destroy the wisdom of the wise; the intelligence of the intelligent I will frustrate." 1 Corinthians 1:18

To my religious ppl... what do you do when you just feel like there's nothing that can help you... you've prayed and prayed and yet nothing getsbetter... but you still keep your faith in God... what do you do?

Originally Posted by CJ863

To my religious ppl... what do you do when you just feel like there's nothing that can help you... you've prayed and prayed and yet nothing gets better... but you still keep your faith in God... what do you do?
Just stay focused and keep going man because God is always there. God knows was best for you and he will will provide what's best for you evenif you don't think He is. Remember God is the Most Merciful and Most Kind. Submission to God and God alone brings you peace

Originally Posted by Wooly Willy

Originally Posted by CJ863

To my religious ppl... what do you do when you just feel like there's nothing that can help you... you've prayed and prayed and yet nothing gets better... but you still keep your faith in God... what do you do?
Just stay focused and keep going man because God is always there. God knows was best for you and he will will provide what's best for you even if you don't think He is. Remember God is the Most Merciful and Most Kind. Submission to God and God alone brings you peace
Yeah pretty much. You have to keep going. No matter what. Things can change at any second. You may think everything is coming down on you butyou'll never be crushed as long as you have faith and belief in yourself. Thats something I try to stress to those close to me. If you don't believe inyourself then who will?

Originally Posted by COOLnificent

For my religous folks, when you pray do you pray aloud or to yourself?

To me praying out loud in a group is a lot better than just praying quietly by ourselves.

Praying in congregation also strengthens the principle unity among Muslims. When one performs an act of worship in a group, one naturally develops a sense ofbrotherhood with others in the same group.

It also helps build relationships among Muslims from different races and ethnic groups. This leads to visitations, marriages, business and partnerships, all ofwhich translates into a better and more cooperative community.

Also wisdom behind the congregational prayer and perhaps the most important one is the great reward of Allah. The Messenger (pbuh) explained in the hadiithssuch as "A man's Salaat in congregation equals 27 folds of Salaat by oneself."

Finally is that it stressed the concept of equality among people. When the rows are established, we observe that all people stand beside each other: rich andpoor, black and white, young and old.

Back
Top Bottom