SEATTLE help?

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]

Need some tips from my PNW Niketalk brethren...
I may be hitting up Seattle early next year and need some recommendations on awesome, not too expensive hotels that are centrally located to all the touristy spots in the area. If you have the hook up, even better, I can compensate you for the trouble!

Also, while I'm at it, perhaps a list of things to see and do while I'm there. Thanks in advance guys!

(Posted in the regional forums as well but figured I'd get a better response here. Mods delete if you need to.)

Ace Hotel in Belltown. Hip place, I don't think it's terribly expensive, and it's within walking distance of everything touristy.

I concur with the Ace Hotel. We use to put up all of the rappers there. Its a few blocks from the core of the touristy stuff to do:

Pike place market
The waterfront
Westlake park.
5th ave shopping (gucci, louie, ect.)
Can go up to capitol hill for music and dive/hipster bars.
Take the monorail to seattle center where you should only go the the space needle, or the symphony. Don't eat in the center house.

Travel on buses is free within the downtown core. Use the tunnel to get to Chinatown. OP I don't know if your about that life, but it can be a little sketchy at night. While there, you can hit pioneer square for art galleries and some good food choices, or go back to chinatown where almost every spot is official.

A cool thing to do, which I have not done, is take a plane tour of Seattle. You can fly over the city and also see the beautiful mountains that surround us. For a cheaper option, take a low cost walk on ferry ride from seattle to Bainbridge Island (where you can day trip) or to Bremerton (don't get off the boat) our ferries give you a great view of the city and of puget sound.

check thestranger.com for shows and other

Originally Posted by mrkittles20

Go to Freemont and hit up Paseo. Get the midnight Cuban sandwich.
Not worth the hassle for a tourist staying downtown. Waiting for the 5 bus, plus 20 minutes each way, plus the line, you're looking at a couple hours of your afternoon just for a sandwich. There are a few great sandwich shops in Pioneer Square that are much easier to get to (and just as good).

Originally Posted by TheSwoosh

I concur with the Ace Hotel. We use to put up all of the rappers there. Its a few blocks from the core of the touristy stuff to do:

Pike place market
The waterfront
Westlake park.
5th ave shopping (gucci, louie, ect.)
Can go up to capitol hill for music and dive/hipster bars.
Take the monorail to seattle center where you should only go the the space needle, or the symphony. Don't eat in the center house.

Travel on buses is free within the downtown core. Use the tunnel to get to Chinatown. OP I don't know if your about that life, but it can be a little sketchy at night. While there, you can hit pioneer square for art galleries and some good food choices, or go back to chinatown where almost every spot is official.

A cool thing to do, which I have not done, is take a plane tour of Seattle. You can fly over the city and also see the beautiful mountains that surround us. For a cheaper option, take a low cost walk on ferry ride from seattle to Bainbridge Island (where you can day trip) or to Bremerton (don't get off the boat) our ferries give you a great view of the city and of puget sound.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

check thestranger.com for shows and other
Meh. Don't shop for designer clothing in Seattle, it's not what our city is about. Go to Bellevue for that haha.
What dates will you be here?

If you're here in the summer or late spring I would suggest Ride the Ducks (as touristy as that is).

If you're here in early September you should hit up Bumbershoot which is our music/arts festival (we've had kanye, wutang, lupe, nas, wiz, macklemore, and tons of other cool, non hip hop acts).

Experience Music Project sometimes has some cool exhibits.

The Ballard Locks is a pretty neat spot. It is a causeway that connects Puget Sound and Lake Washington. The cool thing about it is that Lake Washington is 30 feet higher than Puget Sound so they have to use these locks to lower boats from the lake to the sound. That is a bad explanation but it is really cool to see.

Space Needle is pretty overrated.

Check out Kerry Park and Gas Works Park for some of the best views in Seattle.

Fremont Troll.

Catch a Mariners game
grin.gif

If I think of more ill post them.

All this advice is being stored away for review later guys, thanks a lot!!!

I will most likely be there February next year, the weekend before Valentines.

The Ace Hotel looks like my kind of spot, so that might be a winner.

I went to Seattle earlier this year. I definitely felt like I could've gotten more out that experience.

depending on your funds i'd recommend the W Hotel. The hotel is getting a makeover at this time as we speak so it should look even more awesome then it was by the time you visit. i can't believe no one has said this yet...but make you sure you go to ****'s. a 206 institution. best cheap greasy burger and fries you'll ever have.

i practically live in seattle, my ex used to live out there I've been to a few hotels because i live in cali i was out there every month
honestly the best hotels are in pike place area
your best bet is to use HOTWIRE.COM
and pick a 4 star hotel in the pike place area
you won't know what hotel it is until after you buy it but you save up to 50%
and in the pike place are you can't go wrong
I've personally stayed at the westin, the renaissance , and executive pacific ( parking sucks, 30 a night)
all great hotels

hotwire also has a map that shows the radius of pike place
to get a idea of the other 4 star hotels, pull up google maps and search hotels pike place seattle
put the maps side by side and compare

you will be good

if you're into nature stuff you got snoqualmie falls to check out. There's also Mt. Rainier which pretty much takes up your whole day if you want to go down that route. Alki beach is another good spot for scenary or photos. Alki Bar & Grill has some good food also! That's my small 2 cents on top of what everyone else has said.

Back
Top Bottom