**Seattle Mariners 2024 Season Thread ** | 15-12 | v. Braves & Houston |

Yeah definitely got lucky, it was funny because Sims said he got a great jump too...so he was either BS'n or Ryan should never attempt to steal a bag ever again..or both
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Elpablo21

Yeah definitely got lucky, it was funny because Sims said he got a great jump too...so he was either BS'n or Ryan should never attempt to steal a bag ever again..or both
laugh.gif
Haha, he probably did have a great jump, but just wasn't very quick... lol...  AJ got rid of it pretty fast too.

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Anyone else watching these games actually feeling like we can score runs to keep up now? Awesome...
When on the road, yeah

Good for him, He's gotten in rhythm since everybody wanted to him sent to AAA

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Mariners pick Mike Zunino with No. 3 overall pick in draft[/h1]
Florida catcher Mike Zunino was the Mariners' first-round pick Monday.

By Larry Stone

Seattle Times staff reporter

[h3]Related[/h3]http://
http://
http://Most Popular Comments

Hide / Show comments

Read all 6 comments

Post a comment

adv.gif

With the third overall pick of the Major League Baseball draft Monday, the Mariners Florida catcher Mike Zunino.

Zunino, 21, has long been linked to the Mariners, and is considered the top college position player in the draft. He leads the Gators in virtually every category, with a .316 average that included 27 doubles, 18 home runs and 60 runs batted in in 62 games. Florida is playing in the NCAA tournament. There was concern over Zunino's .255 average in SEC games, but the Mariners obviously liked what they've seen of the 6-foot-2, 220-pounder, whose father, Greg, is a Reds scout.

"Mike is a sturdy, blue-collar, talented defensive receiver with extra-base offensive potential," Mariners scouting director Tom McNamara said in a release. "He is a winning player, and will be a good fit with the Mariners. We look forward to having him in our organization and working his way towards being part of our Major League club in the future."

Zunino is a three-year letter winner who is a semifinalist for the 2012 Golden Spikes Award, the **** Howser Trophy, and the Johnny Bench Award. He helped lead the Gators to a three-game sweep in NCAA regional play last weekend.

The Houston Astros started the draft on a surprising note by taking Carlos Correa, a high school shortstop from Puerto Rico. Most mock drafts had them selecting Stanford right-hander Mark Appel.

The Minnesota Twins, with the second pick, pounced on Georgia high school outfielder Byron Buxton, who most analysts believe has the most potential of any player in the draft.

I was confused for a second...thinking how Salmon was somehow still on the roster
laugh.gif

read that wrong

Edit: Our Bullpen is so shaky and thin at depth
30t6p3b.gif

That was scary... glad we go outta that mess, but letting AP get to 2nd on that rundown...
30t6p3b.gif
Skipper wouldn't have been happy with that.

Good work for Wilhelmsen.

but he's been pitching alot it seems, kinda worried about that

edit: I wonder if this is just a day off for BR or are we going to see more Kawasaki

If there's been a player hotter than Smoak right now for us...it's def. been Saunders

Come on M's 
mad.gif
Side note - Can't wait til Friday my two favorite teams facing each other! 

Saunders is smoking

Didnt seem like Ichi was not hitting while the offense was picking up more, sucks

Saunders this week, Smoak last week, Montero a few weeks before that....Save for the Texas series, this team has been more or less individual hot streaks. Put it together dudes.

Originally Posted by finnns2003

Ichiro, unfortunately, is finished. As one of his biggest fans, pains me to type that.
30t6p3b.gif
I have thought that the past couple seasons.  Time to move o and relegate him to the back of the lineup for the time being.

Tough situation... hope they find a way to make the transition. No ugly departures please.

[h3][/h3]
[h3]Felix Hernandez, Mariners (strained back, 6/10)[/h3]
The Mariners did the smart thing by holding Hernandez out of his scheduled start. His back was still acting up on Monday, when he was scheduled to do his side work. It made for an effective "deadline" -- miss the side, miss the start -- and Hernandez didn't seem to fight the decision. The medical staff doesn't think this is serious, but the pain/spasm cycle is a difficult one to break at times. The big worry beyond the immediate is that Hernandez loses some flexibility and changes his mechanics, leading to an increased injury risk. The medical staff has a couple days to work before the M's will need to make much of a move, so expect some more clarity by the end of the week.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20...sy-baseball-injuries/index.html#ixzz1x3p3CNIw

Pujols didn't even bat an eye at the breaking ball Pryor threw before he double that slider off the wall. I called a HR when I saw that and wasn't far off. Really good hitters should continue to get a read on him as he keeps pitching. That's what I feel by just watching him.

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Pujols didn't even bat an eye at the breaking ball Pryor threw before he double that slider off the wall. I called a HR when I saw that and wasn't far off. Really good hitters should continue to get a read on him as he keeps pitching. That's what I feel by just watching him.
Yeah he's still raw as hell, he'll figure it out in due time.

and I guess the Angels PA announcer threw some slander about the Thunder going to the Finals

Phew...

What did the PA announcer say? 
eyes.gif

Pryor's just getting everyone right now based on his velocity and the fact that many aren't familiar with him. That'll only take you so far... 

Saunders, ..all the way up to 277....leading the team in stolen bases. If he could be consistent, he would  pay big dividends at the top of our order

League has been very good in his new role

as well as Wilhelmsen

Back
Top Bottom