Section 80>>>>>J COLE

Yea, you read it right. Lyrically, I think j cole 8.5/10 while kendrick lamar is 8/10, but kendrick has was cole don't.Thats an actually style an personality that translates through his muusic. Cole got bars but its like, that was nice but so what. Like ben stein rappin to me. 80 over his life.

Ehhhh, i unno.. Tracks like this make me think Kendrick has the slight edge of Cole, lyrically...

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

Ehhhh, i unno.. Tracks like this make me think Kendrick has the slight edge of Cole, lyrically...  
Easily best song off the 'tape.
pimp.gif

But I don't know, J. Cole is the first dude in awhile that's lyrical and actually appeals to a lot of people.

KL knows how to make songs... good songs

and he knows how to be conscious ithout being corny

this is lame... Section 80 is dope and dude made me a fan after not liking him at all and thinking he was just straight rappity rap but Cole body of work thus far >>
Cole full length actual album come out next month...how bout you compare the two albums then

and whats KL personality? The black hippy isssh is maybe one in every 20/30 ppl 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Ace Rawstein

this is lame... Section 80 is dope and dude made me a fan after not liking him at all and thinking he was just straight rappity rap but Cole body of work thus far >>
Cole full length actual album come out next month...how bout you compare the two albums then

and whats KL personality? The black hippy isssh is maybe one in every 20/30 ppl 
laugh.gif
Word! I couldn't agree with this more!!

I like both artists and Kendrick is a dope lyricist but as far as song making Cole makes better songs right now and it is evident in his body of work thus far.  Since when do rappers have to have engaging personalities to be deemed as good or not?! A rapper should be judged on his skills as a rapper and his song making ability. Not whether or not he would be cool to sit down and talk with over a drink!

If you like Kendrick as an artist over Cole that's cool but don't reach to make a point!

No shade, but can somebody PLEASE explain what ya'll hear in this +%@*! Kendrick that I dont hear?

He has bars, I will say and respect that, but his flow, voice & delivery is just so God awful to me I honestly can't listen to a whole song from him.

Seriously, what am I missing? somebody enlighten me

Senseless post...

Their not even in the same lane to be compared as their sounds are totally different....both bring something different to the table...

Didn't like kendrick either until I heard hiipower...then slowly gained an ear for his sound and flow...

Both great artists tho...can't wait to hear their collaborative album...

Cole and Lamar are clearly the type of artists that will excel in hip-hop and will continue to rise and do well. Anyone who doesn't think they have talent, well, I'm not sure what you think is talent.
Might as well throw Big KRIT in there too. I have a great deal of respect  for MCs who also produce... it's the total package, and there's something cool about that. These guys are the future.

All im sayin is j cole is borin and hasnt put out ANYTHING on par wit s80. Not sayn he cant rap or wont have a future but to date kl has a better product. Not judging off who i think is a better person personality wise., but musically.

Originally Posted by HTG Designs

All im sayin is j cole is borin and hasnt put out ANYTHING on par wit s80. Not sayn he cant rap or wont have a future but to date kl has a better product. Not judging off who i think is a better person personality wise., but musically.

J-Cole-FridayNightLights-front.jpg

Go back, listen to it, Digest it.

Not saying it's better, I think Section80 is an INCREDIBLE debut, but to say that this wasn't in the same realm is a ridiculous statement. And to say his music is boring is an abstract statement. What makes his music boring?

More importantly...this mixtape was FREE. He gave that away, that woulda been 4 out of 5 for anybody's debut.

and MOST IMPORTANTLY...How you gunna put Section 80 over him when he produced the one song that is arguably the best off the album?

shut up
the warm up > kendrick lamars life
and im a BIG kendrick fan
jcole more complete then kdot
just be glad we have both

Originally Posted by MetroKid26

Originally Posted by HTG Designs

J-Cole-FridayNightLights-front.jpg

Go back, listen to it, Digest it.

Not saying it's better, I think Section80 is an INCREDIBLE debut, but to say that this wasn't in the same realm is a ridiculous statement. And to say his music is boring is an abstract statement. What makes his music boring?

that woulda been 4 out of 5 for anybody's debut.

and MOST IMPORTANTLY...How you gunna put Section 80 over him when he produced the one song that is arguably the best off the album?
all of this

Originally Posted by malikdagoat

No shade, but can somebody PLEASE explain what ya'll hear in this +%@*! Kendrick that I dont hear?

He has bars, I will say and respect that, but his flow, voice & delivery is just so God awful to me I honestly can't listen to a whole song from him.

Seriously, what am I missing? somebody enlighten me
You must be listening to him mad sober then cuz section 80 is 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Uhh I cant agree. I've tried, but i can't quite get into the Lamar hype.. He just doesn't seem like anything special to me.

I love that we have both but I think Section80 and FNL are equal in respects to the type of artist that both of them are individually (if that makes sense).
As far as lyrically-Kendrick>J. Cole
However, Cole is taking the lead in being able to create songs. Either way they both know how to create great bodies of work for their styles. Kendrick can't do what Cole does and Cole can't do what Kendrick does.

You know I'm a fan of both but I understand when I read or hear ppl saying these two rappers are boring and put them asleep.

They're two great talents to me so I don't see much worth discussing who slightly edges out who. Section 80 is a great piece of work, probably top 5 in best hip hop efforts this year but overall catalog wise Cole's work isn't a step down, Come Up still his best work to me. See what's on his album.

Back
Top Bottom