SEE NOW this is when Wiz was dope

his star power days were better then that
eyes.gif

Man POTC2 Wiz was the best Wiz followed by K&OJ/Cabin Fever Wiz. Everything else either wasn't as good or it was at the point where he just fell the %%!! off...

He ain't ever coming back though, so cherish the old stuff.

Originally Posted by 504 D1 Prospect

stop it op
stop it what? or do you like that girly lazy weed rap?  I'm appreciating the music I like and 2 of my favorite local acts....chill

Originally Posted by MusicalExcellence

lazy weed song wiz > punchline rapper wiz
fa'real, that puchline %!#%#*#* needs ta stay in 2007, that @*!@ def ain't poppin anymore

Im not hating on his new music, its just not my cup of tea, just appreciating some stuff that i actually do like from the guy...it is what it is, let it be appreciated

You buggin. Love Taylor Alderdice.

Don't get me wrong this Wiz is dope, I got these tapes but that music does not have a lot of staying power.

No his new #%$* is still legit. Its that album #%$* that throws us fans from forever ago off.

Kush & OG, Cabin Fever & Taylor Allerdice had alot of solid material

Hey i wish dude all the success in the world, him and my brother both went to Allderdice together, and i hear he was a good dude

Originally Posted by solarius49

So even though it was good then, it stops being good music now?

it was good because _s were young and were into punchline rap but hell no punchline rap is not good music... its not even music imo

How is it not music though? You're buggin, that just discounts a whole era of hip hop. You may not like it, but it is definitely music, and good punchline rappers made good punchline rap...I'd rather hear that than hear somebody sing over hooks about their LV shades, smokin weed ect....and i wasnt that young in 06 either...

���

Oh so innocent but flow so diligent
My Spit Game's like a 44 peelin !#%!...

Yea I'm the Burgh's Prince
Because I'm sicker with the word spit
Pittsburgh, Been Through All The Burghs Pitts.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Dude LOST something man

And Wiz stopped writing too maybe that changed him

WHY DOES HE SKIMP ON THE THE SLEDGREN BEATS NOW??? 
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Honestly as soon as he started messin with Amber his music took a serious hit. Now he just makes that music that you only have to HEAR and not really LISTEN to

To me it's obvious he's chosen to shy away from the harder more gritty lyrical rhymes altogether. Yall are just gonna have to accept that. His mixtapes have gone to the chill laid back vibe, he's found his lane that nobody has been successful at in a while as far as new artists go. His albums are on that lite pop version of that.

This aint no different than ppl who like COF/SDE Cam'ron or mixtape Fab. Just deal with the fact that that old Wiz is most likely not coming back. He'd need an out pouring of fans to even consider it.
Originally Posted by solarius49

Honestly as soon as he started messin with Amber his music took a serious hit. Now he just makes that music that you only have to HEAR and not really LISTEN to
I don't understand why ppl always reach for the most irrelevant things to point to why they don't like the sound of a rapper's music. Amber aint got +#%@ to do with Wiz's content or music quality. Stop looking for excuses and scapegoats.

Son has been off the punchline rap WAY before Amber and the thing about it is he knew the broad before he even got on. Son changed his sound with Star Power and has not looked back since. That's been 4 years now.

His sound def changed a few years ago, and it has changed noticeably since hes been messin with shorty. I mean im not mad at him lol, just an observation kiddo

Star Power was by far his best mixtape.
I hated Rolling Papers, but Taylor Alderdice sounded just like the Burn After Rolling/Flight School/Kush & OJ/Star Power Wiz we all know and loved.
He's been rapping like this for a while now, OP. No need to whine now.
OP seems like one of those elitist people who only like punchline rap and call everything else that doesn't have bars or a cool beat "crap."

This will ALWAYS be appreciated by me, though.

Back
Top Bottom